Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Any known simple way to get Light engine?

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
I'm running Swift flights, and have many plane breakdowns.

To fix the planes usually, I need "light engine". Theoretically, I can get it via Egypt flight, but flights to Egypt, brings items very rarely, so I'm looking for an alternative source. Can the item be gifted or produced somehow?

AKryztov

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
2022ytz9
Username
AKryztov, Azure
I'm running Swift flights, and have many plane breakdowns.

To fix the planes usually, I need "light engine". Theoretically, I can get it via Egypt flight, but flights to Egypt, brings items very rarely, so I'm looking for an alternative source. Can the item be gifted or produced somehow?
Since they can't be gifted or produced, and the drop rates suck (even with Spy Glass it's not very good)... we have been forced to save our commercials for Light Engine and Empennage Repairs. It was that or sit and wait for half our fleet to sit in the repair shop. We have also dropped planes and bought new ones because it was so frustrating. Fortunately, the events now have Large Repair Sets, but we've still only been able to get enough to last until the next event (sometimes).
Why they aren't allowed to be gifted is a question we have been asking for awhile now.
Good luck, and happy flying.

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
Since they can't be gifted or produced, and the drop rates suck (even with Spy Glass it's not very good)... we have been forced to save our commercials for Light Engine and Empennage Repairs. It was that or sit and wait for half our fleet to sit in the repair shop. We have also dropped planes and bought new ones because it was so frustrating. Fortunately, the events now have Large Repair Sets, but we've still only been able to get enough to last until the next event (sometimes).
Why they aren't allowed to be gifted is a question we have been asking for awhile now.
Good luck, and happy flying.

Thanks!

Arggers

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
272ehvl7
Username
Arggers
Can't believe anyone runs of light engines.

I'll be honest, I'd forgotten they existed - and I was definitely thinking they were the same thing as Jet Engines (which I've loads of and *can* gift)

They look so similar to Jet Engines (when one isn't paying attention) I probably don't even notice which is which when I use/receive either - I just think "Oh I need an engine to repair that"

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
I'll be honest, I'd forgotten they existed - and I was definitely thinking they were the same thing as Jet Engines (which I've loads of and *can* gift)

They look so similar to Jet Engines (when one isn't paying attention) I probably don't even notice which is which when I use/receive either - I just think "Oh I need an engine to repair that"

I've noticed it, when I started to do the Wonderland flights, planes break all the time, with the need for those annoying items.

I've noticed it, when I started to do the Wonderland flights, planes break all the time, with the need for those annoying items.
You should be aware tho that the game is intelligent. The breakdown items you need are often the ones you have least of. That’s the game. Keep an eye on all the items and keep them topped up if you can.
Same with weather items.

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
You should be aware tho that the game is intelligent. The breakdown items you need are often the ones you have least of. That’s the game. Keep an eye on all the items and keep them topped up if you can.
Same with weather items.

Interestingly I have weather issues very rarely. I've almost never had the need for any weather item. I've never produced one single weather item.
The items for the swift are hard to get.

Dominik Winterbach

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20mzq21iw
Username
:{ items pls
From my experience: try to adjust your fleet balance accordingly. Running short of lite engines means you operate too many swifts.
With balanced fleet you should be able to get enough spare parts dropping from guest planes.
Good luck!

Last edited:

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
From my experience: adjust your fleet balance accordingly. Running short of lite engines means you operate too many swifts.
With balanced fleet you should be able to get enough spare parts dropping from guest plains.
Good luck!

I was running 7 swifts. Even with lower number, the item availability remains.

kappatango

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
044y8a2te
Username
kappatango
I have found this too on this recent event. I am flying 7 swifts to Wonderland and have run out of light engine. I get them back with free videos or heli flights to Anglel falls. I use swifts. For my alliance flights too. I have been using Golden Wrench to try to reduce breakdowns....

Been OK on spares unt this event! I really want my last 2 Spanish eggs, so going to plug away until event end, even though I completed it last week!

Top Bottom