Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Alliance points

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
The wiki is not for game strategy. It's for game facts.

There are so many different ideas on what is important in an alliance - essentially one set of ideas per person - that it would be impossible to get them all down.

Changing alliance goals is normal ... especially if it's a growing alliance comprised of players who aren't at the top level/no coins requirement. As you are a small alliance, it may make sense to work on task completion so you can grow it. As your alliance gets bigger, it may make sense to shift towards passengers to try getting in the top 100. Once you have achieved all upgrades in the game, a 50% commercial bonus is irrelevant so switching alliance goals - or leaving one alliance to join another - is perfectly normal.

If your goals happen to change in line with the majority of the people in your alliance, that's great. Expecting that you will be well suited to the same alliance through your entire game play is unrealistic.

And I don't. I have even quit a goals alliance when some of goals where shifting. I have even gone so far as to create a one man alliance which is one option I think is worthy of mentioning in the Wiki because it might be a good option for some people. It's all a tradeoff.

What you mentioned is actually one reason why I posted those two questions earlier in the Alliance Discussion forum just so we could hear from both side. I see my role in this discussion as a "nay-sayer" to act as a healthy counterbalance. I might have to write something about this option but I'm not sure how it can be integrated.
Three tasks is easier than most people think, BUT... it’s a decision that that gets harder and harder if you don’t wise up earlier. 99% of Lvl 80 players won’t even realise they’ve missed the boat because they’re too far gone to realise the key to doing it, or they’re not prepared to undo a lot of what they’ve created. Completing 3 tasks successfully is all about fleet management. Do it right from the beginning and it isn’t that hard. @Chloe11111 was in an unenviable situation where she had to start from scratch. Finding and teaching other beginners is the perfect opportunity and a win/win environment. Players at Lvl 80 are too invested in their games to undo (read: sell off) all their hard earned aircraft and commit the time to teach brand new players. Add to that the difficulty and frustration of investing your time into people that are impatient and milk as much knowledge they can get and jump ship as soon as a better (read: faster) option appears.

My guess, Jon Snow, is that while you have jumped from alliance to alliance because you disagreed with your comrades, I’ll bet the alliance that Chloe “shares” with her group is united and would have an extremely low turnover of members.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Thanks @Bob69bob, we had no turnover except for one that quit playing altogether as he was starting a family and dedicating his time and money to the more important things in life.

We did (as an entire group, every last one of us) join the Musketeers because it was getting harder and harder to recruit new members. We (the group) were at a point where we wanted to get to the next level but could not with so many amazing top level alliances competing for the same players to join.

Lots of the non level 80 players want the "quick fix" - the fast jump into one of the top 50 or even top 20 alliances - with no effort put into growing. That's okay for them. We GREW that alliance from 4000th to top 100 in a few months. What an exhilarating experience that was! We had lots of fun. We learned a lot. We helped each other. 14 newer players cracking the top 100 in a few months! And everybody in this forum knows their names. They are all people active in the forum who pitch in where they can - guiding people, hosting QL parties, whatever.

And now we are all part of a broader team with the Musketeers - another amazing group of people.

On another topic, I have an almost level 10 alliance that is not being used that I will sell to the highest bidder ;) 💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲

Alright, I admit that I did jump from alliance to alliance throughout my time in the game. I will tell you my story.

I started with an alliance where we couldn't communicate at all. I then joined an alliance here because I wanted something with communication but only with the leader. I was able to get into a TOP 100 alliance afterword's but some months later, I had to leave because I felt was best for everyone concerned. I wound up later in a TOP 50 alliance last year but I quit because I felt I had to retire from this game after I overtaxed myself. When I returned 3 months later, I started with a one man alliance. Then I made a foolish mistake by accepting a a position in an allianced led by someone who was more focused PAX counts rather than completion. There actually "burst flying" in this Task Completion aliance with people that weren't at level 80. The leader told to quit and join this other alliance "because it was better" but it wasn't better because it didn't have the Task Completion and I only had 12 stands at the time. It soon became to everyone that clearly didn't see eye to eye with their objectives so they booted me out and I was honestly grateful to that alliance for it even to the point of thanking them sincerely for it. I then joined "The Peacekeepers" alliance and regularly completed all 3 tasks even though it required 50% of the tasks to be completed. It was a good experience and I was passing down knowledge and even some things my alliance didn't know. 2 or 3 months later, I had gotten 13 stands and I was getting over 120,000 PAX as I was upgrading my planes to Jumbos. I only left "the Peacekeepers" because of this increase in capacity and I wanted the alliance maps as well as the 50% bonus so GoldenEye was a good choice. I knew I could technically qualify for some TOP 100 alliances. Soon afterwards, I got my 14nth stand. Oddly enough, I was still helping Peacekeepers recruit people even though I was in another alliance and I saw no problem because I saw that both alliances were filling different roles and there were no openings in GoldenEye at the time. Immediately after joining, I switched my fleet to primarily being Giants and eventually shifted my third task from Falcons directly to Condors. Throughout much of this, I still have regular trading relationships with people in the former alliances. I left on bitter terms with one alliance leader and I know it is mutual.

Throughout my time in all of these alliances, I would invest greenies in SOME planes but not others. These regular planes were there with no "investment" with greenies so that I could more easily sell them off without taking a deep loss. I have both "disposable" and "non-disposable" airplanes and I try to keep a balance.

It's a complicated story I admit.

Maybe you’ve just been unlucky with alliance choices. My story is less complex. Been in two alliances; first outgrew and got moved to the second alliance. I still fly my support account in the first. Second alliance has great camaraderie and support.

both alliances great bunch of people, couldn’t do more to support my game with knowledge, fuel, QL parties, launches, items.

Top Bottom