Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Age of Ash Strategy

AlphaPilot

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
209mczmbr
Username
AlphaPilot
Compass or Spy Glass?

Compass is related to Tourists, won't be much help in the event. It's helicopter related.

Spy Glass is what you want - 9 hours long, increases drops from planes by 150%. Costs 500 event currency, easy enough to rack up after a day of running event destinations and tapping event items (burnt trees, mushrooms, etc.).

If you're already running Spy Glass, I'd recommend flight volume. If you have fuel available, run that destination as many times as you're comfortable doing. Cost of fuel to the Mount destinations seems to be inching up daily or every other day.
Thanks for the heads up advice about the Spy Glass +Fuel + Volume. It makes total sense.

@AlphaPilot

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03wehl8mt
Username
Hangry in TX
Compass or Spy Glass?

Compass is related to Tourists, won't be much help in the event. It's helicopter related.

Spy Glass is what you want - 9 hours long, increases drops from planes by 150%. Costs 500 event currency, easy enough to rack up after a day of running event destinations and tapping event items (burnt trees, mushrooms, etc.).

If you're already running Spy Glass, I'd recommend flight volume. If you have fuel available, run that destination as many times as you're comfortable doing. Cost of fuel to the Mount destinations seems to be inching up daily or every other day.
I meant to say spy glass........I flown over 130 flights to Elbrus, Fugi, Kilimanjaro and Etna (2 Owls, 1 Hawk, 1 Raven, and 1 Eagle).....still can't get the Visor

Trying Spy Glass again........does speeding up decrease your chances?

Mirandair

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
046x5pmaz
Username
Mirandair
I had nothing to begin the mission (nothing left over from last year or anything like that since I haven't played that long). Just got my volcano house today! I focused first on getting volcano institute. Then I ran spyglass a few times. It was much easier and better drop rate than for the ballpark, that's for sure. I got the volanco bonus quickly through watching ads.

Hyperion1722

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722
Compass or Spy Glass?

Agree. Spyglass is enough. Just completed the event today (IOS). It is quite tougher in my android app - still need one item (Mineral) but should be easy within a couple of days. Might collect Jumbo ranger (one will do) but just wondering if this will impact my weekly alliance mission assignment. Just had a AIR LABs before and it messes my alliance missions so I sold them all.

ArditoDesio

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03yxi0uma
Username
Ardito Desio
Best destinations for the "Cold War collection"? Are there destinations with a better drop rate?
Suggestions are also welcome, for example I am avoiding Bali because is needed the landingLamp ...

PeterTaylor

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
034lvh9w6
Username
Pete1 | Pete2 | Pete3
Best destinations for the "Cold War collection"? Are there destinations with a better drop rate?
Suggestions are also welcome, for example I am avoiding Bali because is needed the landingLamp ...

I am mainly flying to Bali, Los Angeles and Lima. It is still faster to go to Turkish Coast (Landing Lamp) and Bali afterwards then to fly to Los Angeles or Lima. Drop rates were bad yesterday despite Spy Glass. Only missing one Absorbent Granule to get the first Jumbo Ranger. But this bloody thing doesn't drop from any plane since two days...

I run my flights on Golden Dice and the drop rate for me was good. I'm almost done and I hope today's quest does me good.. I send my long distance planes out so that the planes land within that Golden Dice period. When playing that way, I usually get gifted or an event drop when planes land. Bali doesn't do justice for this event. Most Bali drops are basically Trade items or Guns of Boom items, you'll be lucky if you get an event item to drop. If you decide to fly to Bali, just know they are short flights and use a lot of Landing Lamps. Longer flights drop more event items.

Tito

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04pe95t0v
Username
Rizzi87
CW collection pending; a pathetic 1/10 currently.

Drops were good initially without any bonus whatsoever and I got CW drops from Bali in the first days of the event too.

But now, no drops at all from Los Angeles, Lima or Bali even after activating Spyglass

Edit- The woes continue. Looks like I'm not gonna complete the event this time, let alone that Ranger

Last edited:
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04pe95t0v
Username
Rizzi87
CW collection pending; a pathetic 1/10 currently.

Drops were good initially without any bonus whatsoever and I got CW drops from Bali in the first days of the event too.

But now, no drops at all from Los Angeles, Lima or Bali even after activating Spyglass

Edit- The woes continue. Looks like I'm not gonna complete the event this time, let alone that Ranger
So the AC deity finally decided to show mercy on me.

Spammed flights to Bali (Turkish Coast too for 'em lamps) alongwith a few bonuses. Initially it was disappointing with no favorable drops but later it improved until I finally managed to complete the CW collection x 3

Screenshot_20200802_194710.jpg

Screenshot_20200802_194728.jpg

Feeling satiated after completing my first event ever since I first started playing AC across various devices and over the years.

Special props to @Dammage , @Bobster , @Robbie Laker for that much needed F20.
Hearty thanks to the forum community and leaders for the wealth of information and committing to make this game ever so playful and fun.

Gonna try and see if I can get that Ranger.

Top Bottom