Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Ad videos keep LOADING.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Double Diamond
My ads stopped loading several days ago, and today, at 10am, the whole game stopped loading. It will not even get to the LOADING icon on the splash screen. Stable internet connection and plenty of speed.... Put in a Support ticket.

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
202zde0u
Username
FarStar
This has been an on-and-off issue for months. Even when getting to advance support they will pass it off as an issue from their ad third party supplier Vungle and that nothing can be done for now, but they are working on fixing it.
The cause is not overuse, or connection issues, or anything you have done. You will see the ads randomly begin to work during the day and that is a good time to use them before they go away again.

PlatinumFox

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ity5cfp
Username
aPlat "item"
This has been an on-and-off issue for months. Even when getting to advance support they will pass it off as an issue from their ad third party supplier Vungle and that nothing can be done for now, but they are working on fixing it.
The cause is not overuse, or connection issues, or anything you have done. You will see the ads randomly begin to work during the day and that is a good time to use them before they go away again.
Agreed! Vungle is pretty much a bottom-feeder in the ad services business. Their only benefit is an extremely low commission rate, which results in a few pennies more to GI for an ad play. This is a somewhat recent move for GI, as they were with a more reputable and effective ad services provider until about a year ago.

A Nimrod

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
201l5ip5
Username
A Nimrod
I submitted a support ticket on this last week and received the same automatic reply, suggesting that I "check my Internet connection." My event standing plummeted because it seemed useless to waste lucky tickets if I couldn't maximize my points by taking advantage of the ad feature. Not to mention the planes that got stuck in the hanger from missing repair components. Very frustrating - takes the fun out of the game by limiting your strategic options.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
GrayBloom96121
I'm having the same experience in Windows, with speed-up ads stuck in "Loading" mode indefinitely. This has continued even after I upgraded to the latest version of the game. This is REALLY annoying right now, because I just shelled out $4.99 in real money for the premium version of the Halloween game-within-a-game, and am not accumulating ANY game points (I could if I spent green airport bucks, but that's a singularly poor use of that asset).

PlatinumFox

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ity5cfp
Username
aPlat "item"
Can't believe they haven't fixed it yet
Sadly, "fixing it" will require a pretty substantial change to their code or paying their ad provider for streaming in-house ads, which will cost. I don't see either one happening quickly. It will only get worse once Apple's upcoming changes to ad policies take effect, which will turn the Apple ad business on its head.

This is a very bad sign of the decline of Airport City. I am sad.

matto

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20kcmgbxw
Username
matto
hi

resubmitted my video loading issue to gi support, after the idots/moron closed the previous ticket
Happened to me also. Don't expect a good outcome - the only compensation will be to award them 1 star when they send you the 'how did we do' survey (are they serious?) - which they will ignor like they did your ticket.
My only hope is that if enough of us complain (and stop spending money with them, which is the only thing they seem to care about recently), maybe it will be fixed.........:grumpy:

Happened to me also. Don't expect a good outcome - the only compensation will be to award them 1 star when they send you the 'how did we do' survey (are they serious?) - which they will ignor like they did your ticket.
My only hope is that if enough of us complain (and stop spending money with them, which is the only thing they seem to care about recently), maybe it will be fixed.........:grumpy:
Yeah, been there always give 1 star, and I complain about quality control and ask for job.

PlatinumFox

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ity5cfp
Username
aPlat "item"
It is truly remarkable that during a time when other ad services companies are experiencing record ad sales, Vungle/GI is unable to meet our need for ads. Not a good sign for either company. So sad, I really enjoy playing AC, but fear it is not long for this earth.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20u81kqj
Username
K.Earplug.F20
I've been facing this problem since the last 3 weeks. No point in buying anything premium as the basics of repair, flight acceleration and ads for required items is broken :(

Because of this my alliance is suffering with my low passenger count :(

I think we have two kind limitation in use of the ad videos.
1. daily limitation (about 10 video per kind of use)
2. weekly limitation
when we full use weekly limitation, the "ad videos button" going to loading mode until next week.
This problem has happened to me 2-3 times (and also now) and at the beginning of next week (when the new weekly missions of the alliance begin) I was able to use the ad videos again.
I hope this problem will be solved on Monday.

2. weekly limitation
when we full use weekly limitation, the "ad videos button" going to loading mode until next week.
This problem has happened to me 2-3 times (and also now) and at the beginning of next week (when the new weekly missions of the alliance begin) I was able to use the ad videos again.
I am now in the third week with absolutely no videos. I don't think this has anything to do with weekly limitations.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Double Diamond
2. weekly limitation
This is not the issue for many of us. I have been in "Loading" status for over 4 weeks straight. Multiple Support Tickets.

The Vungle folder is corrupt and the recount/retry timer expires and there is no RELOAD AD SERVICE button to force a new VUNGLE configuration.

Top Bottom