Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

7.11 bonuses change announcement

About the bonus removed from mystery chest...
It’s a pity that old barometer and shaman drum are removed from this mystery chest. They’re much more interesting than the Chinese lantern (which is kept on the chest). Using either one is a quick way of getting rid of an unfavorable weather condition in a specific flight.
I disagree with you. Once upon a time mystery chest dropped only “old” (non-weather) bonuses. Then after the weather bonuses were introduced, it became significantly less probable to get Family Ticket or Alarm Clock or Golden Wrench etc. from the chest. Now we will receive those useful bonuses more frequently.
On the other thought, i use now and then a weather related bonus only when I have to fly some flights within a certain time limit and I get longer flight time due to the weather. Otherwise you can always produce a wether item in your metro lab and can fly any flight with bad weather.

I disagree with you. Once upon a time mystery chest dropped only “old” (non-weather) bonuses. Then after the weather bonuses were introduced, it became significantly less probable to get Family Ticket or Alarm Clock or Golden Wrench etc. from the chest. Now we will receive those useful bonuses more frequently.
On the other thought, i use now and then a weather related bonus only when I have to fly some flights within a certain time limit and I get longer flight time due to the weather. Otherwise you can always produce a wether item in your metro lab and can fly any flight with bad weather.
true. most times i use the needed weather item. but if i'm short on fuel i'd rather use an old barometer and swipe that unfavorable condition to another destination
moreover, there's still a weather related item in the chest, the chinese lantern. i'd rather have the old barometer (or the shaman drum) instead...

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Hello Pilots! We're working on changing bonus mechanics.

The main change - Starting from version 7.11 Bonuses will work for every plane and every item type.
We hope that this will help to clear misunderstandings and enhance the overall gaming experience. No more thinking on will it help me with collection items, or will it help me with quest items. It will work on everything.

Changes in bonuses;
  • Dice - This bonus increases the chance of an item drop from a plane by 50% for 6 hours. Base price - 2 airport cash
  • Golden Dice - This bonus increases the chance of an item drop from a plane by 100% for 6 hours. Base price - 4 airport cash
  • Spy Glass - This bonus increases the chance of an item drop from a plane by 150% for 6 hours. Base price - 9 airport cash
  • Junior Pilot - This bonus increases the chance of an item drop from a plane by 50%, experience from flights increased by 50% and coins gain by 200% for 12 hours. Base price - 35 airport cash
  • Sky Captain - This bonus increases the chance of an item drop from a plane by 100%, experience from flights increased by 100% and coins gain by 400% for 24 hours. Base price - 99 airport cash

• "Bowl of Riches" bonus will be removed from the sale ( owned Bowls will remain in your warehouses)

Lucky clover, Shaman Drum, Old Barometer, Wind Charm and Robot Loader will be removed from Mystery Bonus chest. It will be consisting of Sky Captain, Vintage Weathervane, Inconvertible Coin, Lucky Cap, Family Ticket, Chinese Lantern, Alarm Clock, Golden Toad, and Golden Wrench.
Looks great - I have a few questions though.
1) What happens if you activate more than one bonus at a time?
Do they stack (x + y = z), is the highest value taken, or are they averaged?
2) Has there been any change to the potion of luck bonus?
And does this interact in the same manner as the above when combined?
3) Are alliance rewards changing to reflect the bonus changes?

Thank you

Edit:
A few more questions, does this change affect the gold subscription?
If so, how will this interact with the other bonuses? Is there any point using the dice bonus?

Last edited:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Do you really use the lucky clove? Does it work? I never bothered myself with that one
Sure does. It helps to keep weather conditions at bay while I do map flights. I have repair items to spare, so not worried about that, but these weather events cost additional fuel, which is detrimental when youre using a certain amount of fuel to do map flights

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
true. most times i use the needed weather item. but if i'm short on fuel i'd rather use an old barometer and swipe that unfavorable condition to another destination
moreover, there's still a weather related item in the chest, the chinese lantern. i'd rather have the old barometer (or the shaman drum) instead...
This is the exact reason why all 3 are useful. Sometimes your fuel supply is limited and you need to make those flights count. Sure you have a lightning rod you can use, but that additional +30 for fuel using condors is a golden monkey wrench into your planned map flights.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Looks great - I have a few questions though.
1) What happens if you activate more than one bonus at a time?
Do they stack (x + y = z), is the highest value taken, or are they averaged?
2) Has there been any change to the potion of luck bonus?
And does this interact in the same manner as the above when combined?
3) Are alliance rewards changing to reflect the bonus changes?

Thank you
I have a feeling theyre not stackable. These developers know how smart we are as players, and Im sure they would want to put a limit on how much of a drop boost we get. Who knows....they could surprise me in a great way

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I have a feeling theyre not stackable. These developers know how smart we are as players, and Im sure they would want to put a limit on how much of a drop boost we get. Who knows....they could surprise me in a great way
Depends on your point of view, if they are stackable, people are more likely to buy more = more income. If they are I’d use all at once - I’m buying up to 3, if not I’m buying 1 max...

On that note they are probably more likely to gain income, as odds are there will always be at least one bonus to buy, but as a player I’d be worth it. If they aren’t, players are likely to be buying ‘very seldom’.

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
Just like the usual pop up warning when we want to activate two bonus with the same type, think it will be the same case for Dice, GD and SG. They will fall to the same category/type now. Not sure with Sky Captain, think it is still 'special' bonus.
True, but running SC and GD at the same time works counterproductive for drops right now.
Hopefully running SC with one of the others will stacks the percentages after the update.. 🤞

So @Ur-quan . What will happen when you run Sky Captain and Spy Glass (or Dice or Golden Dice) together?

A Merryflyer

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03nhxjex
Username
A Merryflyer
True, but running SC and GD at the same time works counterproductive for drops right now.
Hopefully running SC with one of the others will stacks the percentages after the update.. 🤞

So @Ur-quan . What will happen when you run Sky Captain and Spy Glass (or Dice or Golden Dice) together?

Just to clarify "running SC and GD at the same time works counterproductive for drops right now" is an opinion, it has never been confirmed by GI and has in fact been denied by them on occasion.

I know there is lots of very small sample data supporting the statement, but there is also conflicting small sample data.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Not sure if coincidence or the bonuses work different in this version already. Did 63 flights to Winterthur yesterday with Golden Dice activated and got only 2 drops...
That sounds about normal to me. You may have just been on the lower end of the usual bandwidth

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
Just to clarify "running SC and GD at the same time works counterproductive for drops right now" is an opinion, it has never been confirmed by GI and has in fact been denied by them on occasion.

I know there is lots of very small sample data supporting the statement, but there is also conflicting small sample data.
Hundreds of hours flying those bonuses, stacked and not stacked, provide me with enough personal data to fund my ‘opinion’.
Maybe I’m at the shitty end of the randomizer all the time running stacked bonuses, who knows!? 😀 But it does make me adapt my strategy, nonetheless. And with success!

Call me cautious, but it’s nothing a ‘confirmation’ or a ‘denial’ posted by an NDA employee in his free time in a public forum to keep the finger on the pulse of the 1%-ers will change. We don’t have access to in-game dynamics, there are no yottabytes of data available. So what’s left on a forum like this? Opinions.

Last edited:

A Merryflyer

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03nhxjex
Username
A Merryflyer
Hundreds of hours flying those bonuses, stacked and not stacked, provide me with enough personal data to fund my ‘opinion’.
Maybe I’m at the shitty end of the randomizer all the time running stacked bonuses, who knows!? But it does make me adapt my strategy, nonetheless. And with success!
Call me cautious, but it’s nothing a ‘confirmation’ or a ‘denial’ posted by an NDA employee in his free time in a public forum to keep the finger on the pulse of the 1%-ers will change. We don’t have access to in-game dynamics, there are no yottabytes of data available. So what’s left on a forum like this? Opinions.

I understand your sentiment, however I do wish people would qualify their theories with a caveat (in my opinion, I believe, in my experience etc) I think it's only fair to the people who visit this forum for advice, that they know the difference between a proven fact and a theory.

I don’t think bonuses will stack. If they did, everyone would buy dice and golden dice for 6 greenies and GI would never sell any spy glass for 9 greenies.

I am curious though...with all this talk of increased % of items drops for each type of bonus...is GI also making a change to non-bonus (standard) drop rates? Maybe drop rates get so low that you always need to use some type of bonus?!?

Top Bottom