Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

7.11 bonuses change announcement

Ur-quan

Airport City Developer
VIP Flyer
Airport City Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
  2. Facebook
Username
Ur-quan
Hello Pilots! We're working on changing bonus mechanics.

The main change - Starting from version 7.11 Bonuses will work for every plane and every item type.
We hope that this will help to clear misunderstandings and enhance the overall gaming experience. No more thinking on will it help me with collection items, or will it help me with quest items. It will work on everything.

Changes in bonuses;
  • Dice - This bonus increases the chance of an item drop from a plane by 50% for 6 hours. Base price - 2 airport cash
  • Golden Dice - This bonus increases the chance of an item drop from a plane by 100% for 6 hours. Base price - 4 airport cash
  • Spy Glass - This bonus increases the chance of an item drop from a plane by 150% for 6 hours. Base price - 9 airport cash
  • Junior Pilot - This bonus increases the chance of an item drop from a plane by 50%, experience from flights increased by 50% and coins gain by 200% for 12 hours. Base price - 35 airport cash
  • Sky Captain - This bonus increases the chance of an item drop from a plane by 100%, experience from flights increased by 100% and coins gain by 400% for 24 hours. Base price - 99 airport cash

• "Bowl of Riches" bonus will be removed from the sale ( owned Bowls will remain in your warehouses)

Lucky clover, Shaman Drum, Old Barometer, Wind Charm and Robot Loader will be removed from Mystery Bonus chest. It will be consisting of Sky Captain, Vintage Weathervane, Inconvertible Coin, Lucky Cap, Family Ticket, Chinese Lantern, Alarm Clock, Golden Toad, and Golden Wrench.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9675

considering Spyglass will now cost more than double its current rate of 4 greenies, how about we see an increase in the weekend bonuses?
It puts any of us at more of a disadvantage now with events what with bowls of riches being ousted.:mad:

Ur-quan

Airport City Developer
VIP Flyer
Airport City Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
  2. Facebook
Username
Ur-quan
At least now I can stop bothering GI support about “what is mission, what is quest, what about the diary quest, why did the SpyGlass I used for a diary quest didn’t work”

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Right. And that's why value of the SpyGlass will be increased. Quest, non-quest, guest planes - everything will be affected.

Awesomerowend

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03x4wkss3
Username
Bertus ZA
I liked the old system, even though it took me about half a year to get used to which bonus for which item. I think it was cleverly designed and the new version is a bit “dumbed down”. The dual option of spy glass/bowl of riches for events, dice for repair items from helicopters and excavation map flights and golden dice for collectibles made sense.

However, I’m not blind to the possibilities of the new system - running a dice bonus while at the same time fly to South Observatory for space collection items and Banff for repair items make sense - increasing the odds on all drops while doing a helicopter flight sound good and the change to Junior Pilot and Sky Captain have huge advantages.

Only time will tell, but right now this seems like a good change.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
Wait..almost all these changes are negative. How are people liking this? That means destination event drops is now lower, alliance destination and excavation adventures is also lower which means adventure and event buildings will now be harder to get!!

How will the change in bonus make the drops lower? I'm sorry, I don't really get it.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
049bu772
Username
JGK
How will the change in bonus make the drops lower? I'm sorry, I don't really get it.
For example, the golden dice (which helps in launch map flights and excavation maps like Mesoamerica destinations etc) increases the item drop rate by 150% and now is being reduced to 100% hence lowering drop rate. Similar to the dice bonus which improves drop rate of flights that produce flight items like Nice(strobe lights) increases item drop rate by 150% is now reducing it to 50% makong the drop rate worse!!

Awesomerowend

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03x4wkss3
Username
Bertus ZA
Sk
Wait..almost all these changes are negative. How are people liking this? That means destination event drops is now lower, alliance destination and excavation adventures is also lower which means adventure and event buildings will now be harder to get!!
Sky captain now applies to all type of items and is available for 24 hours - which will give us scope to run more flights for longer.

Dice will become definitely less important, but instead of using it for item drops, it will be used for collectable item drops on less important flights - such as when I need a specific item from a San Francisco flight.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
VdW
For example, the golden dice (which helps in launch map flights and excavation maps like Mesoamerica destinations etc) increases the item drop rate by 150% and now is being reduced to 100% hence lowering drop rate. Similar to the dice bonus which improves drop rate of flights that produce flight items like Nice(strobe lights) increases item drop rate by 150% is now reducing it to 50% makong the drop rate worse!!

But now you can use a Spy Glass instead to get the 150% increase rate.

This will only change how we use the bonuses. But they don't change the drop-rate.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
049bu772
Username
JGK
But now you can use a Spy Glass instead to get the 150% increase rate.

This will only change how we use the bonuses. But they don't change the drop-rate.
Spy glass only helps with quest/ event items which has become more expensive but that's not really the problem here. Should you want to get the adventure buildings such as Aztec Pyramids, Colosseums or space buildings like Emergency Spaceport or space needle and flight items like strobe lights or fuel hoses, it will be a lot harder now to get them

Spy glass only helps with quest/ event items which has become more expensive but that's not really the problem here. Should you want to get the adventure buildings such as Aztec Pyramids, Colosseums or space buildings like Emergency Spaceport or space needle and flight items like strobe lights or fuel hoses, it will be a lot harder now to get them
Different bonuses will no longer be just for specific types of flights. They will increase drop rates for all types of flights - just different percentages.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
VdW

Did you even read the post from Ur-quan? Haha, it changes how the bonuses work. No more differences between collectible items or common items.

Top Bottom