Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

6.27 Update

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
049bu772
Username
JGK
I
Why do people want this 100-limit? I have it, and I want the limit to be removed or at least increased to a more reasonable numbers. Instead of happily accepting the limit for everyone o_O
I was wondering the same thing. Why would you wish the older players to get the limit instead of wishing the limit to be removed for everyone. It's better to be optimistic than wish 'the curse' of the game to affect every one. It will always be a controversial issue to all players anyway!

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Why do people want this 100-limit? I have it, and I want the limit to be removed or at least increased to a more reasonable numbers. Instead of happily accepting the limit for everyone o_O
1000 is ideal, but even 500 would do, and I'm a part of the "Rising Rookies" group. In other words, we dont have the 100 item limit like newer players, but we don't have CBM like the Vets. Ok back to the weathervane....don't want the 100 item limit to hijack its millionth thread :LOL:

Are you serious? I know you are against the 100-limit, but thats how most of us are playing the game. Talking about unfair for old players? How about all the cbm buildings you got, that we dont have acces to. ... Life isn’t fair, but im looking forward to all the oldtimers getting the 100-limit.

You'll find that language will result in you being removed as a neighbor from many who have planetariums, training centers, and CBMs for you to visit. We've spent a lot of money and time building our games, and our games benefit MANY lower level players with providing space buildings, event buildings and so on for other players to visit. We don't like the idea of the 100 item limit, but we'll deal with it. Fair is fair, but "gloating", (which is what you seem to be doing), will not make you many friends.

Last edited:
Device
  1. iPad
Username
uraw
You'll find that language will result in you being removed as a neighbor from many who have planetariums, training centers, and CBMs for you to visit. We've spent a lot of money and time building our games, and our games benefit MANY lower level players with providing space buildings, event buildings and so on for other players to visit. We don't like the idea of the 100 item limit, but we'll deal with it. Fair is fair, but "gloating", (which is what you seem to be doing), will not make you many friends.

Tbh I dont really care that much :) its just a game. The fact that you spent alot of money on the game, dosen’t or shouldnt give you any exclusive rights. Why do you feel that you are above the 100 limit? I know you will deal with it, you kinda have to since it’s coming your way. Ive spent alot of money on the game aswell, but I didn’t have any chance to get cbm or cheap planetariums like you guys did. They are running a business, which means that they want to keep attracting new players. If the new players feel they have a huge disadvantage (which they do), they will more than likely move on to another game. Ofcourse you should try to make loyal players happy, but not everyone can have the better side of things.

Tbh I dont really care that much :) its just a game. The fact that you spent alot of money on the game, dosen’t or shouldnt give you any exclusive rights. Why do you feel that you are above the 100 limit? I know you will deal with it, you kinda have to since it’s coming your way. Ive spent alot of money on the game aswell, but I didn’t have any chance to get cbm or cheap planetariums like you guys did. They are running a business, which means that they want to keep attracting new players. If the new players feel they have a huge disadvantage (which they do), they will more than likely move on to another game. Ofcourse you should try to make loyal players happy, but not everyone can have the better side of things.
I spent that money to buy greens to upgrade factories - with the 100 item limit, now that money is wasted. If I had known that I wouldn't have access to factory items because of the amount of $$$ I spent, I certainly wouldn't have spent it. I didn't get any cheap planetariums - I paid in greens like everyone else, same with training centers, astronaut academies, etc. I was lucky enough to get a few CBMs last time they were offered, but I had already spent mega bucks on greens for land expansion. It comes down to the game no longer being the game I spent money on, and you'll find that's what is upsetting to many of the old-timers.

I'm not saying all players shouldn't have the limit - it will definitely even things out. (although 500 or 1000 would be more practical). I am saying, however, that "gloating" about the old-timers getting the limit is petty.

Marve

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask_for
Username
Marve
Are you serious? I know you are against the 100-limit, but thats how most of us are playing the game. Talking about unfair for old players? How about all the cbm buildings you got, that we dont have acces to. The 100-limit will make it fair for everyone, which I think is a good thing. And come on, stop asking for your money back here on the forum. You sound like a mad 6-year old girl who got their candy stolen. You wont get your money back, because the game is changing. Life isn’t fair, but im looking forward to all the oldtimers getting the 100-limit.
Imagine you contract a telecom company to give unlimited access to internet for only one payment. After some years this company send you a message that they will reduce your access to just 100mb because they have a lot of other customers with this limitation. What do you think about it?

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
049bu772
Username
JGK
N
Nah! You wouldn't understand why it would affect the old players a lot since you hadn't spent tons of real money on some consequences that come along with it! That's basic psychology. But as crescent said, wishing others misfortune ain't good no matter the circumstances

Device
  1. iPad
Username
uraw
N

Nah! You wouldn't understand why it would affect the old players a lot since you hadn't spent tons of real money on some consequences that come along with it! That's basic psychology. But as crescent said, wishing others misfortune ain't good no matter the circumstances

It can’t really be personal, when I don’t know the guy.

I may have put it in a wrong way, I don’t wish the missfortune of oldtimers. I just wish it to be fair, and around here thats a unpopular opinion obviously. Whether the limit should be 500/1000 or 100 I don’t really know, but it should be the same for everyone. So yes - im still glad they are fixing it.

@Marve - this is a weird example tbh. If I take a look at my netflix subscription, the price has gone up the last couple of years. Do I like it? No ofcourse not, but I still like the programs they provide and they are using money to make better programs etc. If you had a job for 30 years, do you still expect to get the same salary as when you got hired? Its called inflation, thing evolve, just as this game is. G! Is running a business, what did you honestly expect?

It may not be the most popular decision, but you just have to deal with it. Im sure g! have some people that did the math for them, and this rule is really harsh on the oldtimers. No doubt about it. I still say, that the way of handing in a request on a independent forum to get your money back is somewhat weird. Go through the proper channels, otherwise you will end up sounding like mate inhere.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
This can all be fixed if they just impose 1000 item limit on all. Such a simple solution....why is this still a debate? Shoot if they do that, we should have a forum pizza party! Everyone go buy a pizza and eat a slice at the same time (morning, afternoon, or night):cigar::D

This can all be fixed if they just impose 1000 item limit on all. Such a simple solution....why is this still a debate? Shoot if they do that, we should have a forum pizza party! Everyone go buy a pizza and eat a slice at the same time (morning, afternoon, or night):cigar::D
That would be a fair limit

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
I paid for greens, I bought extra slots in buildings with greens to get extra production. Now they will be useless, therefore my greens were wasted, therefore my money was wasted. It is a slap in the face to impose such a limiting limit - but we digress, this is about the latest update and the wonderful Weathervane "fix".

I'm still curious, what does GI try to affect with this 100 limit. So I wouldn't say increase the limit because I don't know the problem, what will be resolved by the introduction of the limit.
In my opinion GI should remove the 100 limit (from the beginning or after the account reaches some age/parameters) and should concentrate on generating frequent income from the frequent players. If a player joins AC for 1-2 months and then leaves, it is a matter of chance whether this player would pay anything to GI, but for players who play the game quarter after quarter, it is essential that they keep enjoying game and keep paying small weekly or monthly amounts. And with all recent changes GI actually managed to completely change my thoughts so from a player, paying intentionally 5 eur weekly just for the sake to support GI now I changed my behavior into not paying a single cent to them until the future of the game becomes more clear. I don't think this was their intention?!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
I'm still curious, what does GI try to affect with this 100 limit. So I wouldn't say increase the limit because I don't know the problem, what will be resolved by the introduction of the limit.
My guess: Probably multiple reasons, but slower progress is at (or near) the top of the list. By hording fuel and other required essentials, you can send out and instantly return numerous flights in a short period (hence: Using the same bonus). If you are limited in the number of flights you can send in a short period, you have to purchase multiple bonuses to achieve the same result.

My guess: Probably multiple reasons, but slower progress is at (or near) the top of the list. By hording fuel and other required essentials, you can send out and instantly return numerous flights in a short period (hence: Using the same bonus). If you are limited in the number of flights you can send in a short period, you have to purchase multiple bonuses to achieve the same result.
Which gives a huge advantage to players with CBMs creating yet another controversy.

Device
  1. Android
I'm still curious, what does GI try to affect with this 100 limit. ...... And with all recent changes GI actually managed to completely change my thoughts so from a player, paying intentionally 5 eur weekly just for the sake to support GI now I changed my behavior into not paying a single cent to them until the future of the game becomes more clear. I don't think this was their intention?!

G! has apparently has run a Pareto principle assessment on their Player base and Profits from Revenue.
They apparently concluded that the "old time player" is not one of the 20 percent who brings in 80 percent of the revenue.
Ivan has previously stated (see introduction of items to Bali and WAS flights update thread) that the development would focus on new players and cross-platform integration.
So, G! decided that it was safe to de-emphasize focusing on "old time" players and focus on attracting new less knowledgeable players.
These new Players are willing to spend money to speed time or production.
They have yet to take a bite of the fruit, this forum, which provides knowledge of the game in great detail.
Less knowledgeable players will tend to spend real currency and less likely to rebel when changes are made to the game.

Also, development has concluded that even if "old time players" are part of the 20%, yet they take up 80% of development time, then letting them go will free up time to do more effective and efficient activities.

G! has concluded that new inexperienced players are more profitable.

...........................................................................................................................................................................................
Corporations and Governments will change the rules at any time, whether the masses like it or not. ("Life is not fair.")
The rules of the game and the way the game is played is ever changing and evolving.
They are the few, we are the many, the power lies within us, not them.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
In my opinion GI should remove the 100 limit (from the beginning or after the account reaches some age/parameters) and should concentrate on generating frequent income from the frequent players. If a player joins AC for 1-2 months and then leaves, it is a matter of chance whether this player would pay anything to GI, but for players who play the game quarter after quarter, it is essential that they keep enjoying game and keep paying small weekly or monthly amounts. And with all recent changes GI actually managed to completely change my thoughts so from a player, paying intentionally 5 eur weekly just for the sake to support GI now I changed my behavior into not paying a single cent to them until the future of the game becomes more clear. I don't think this was their intention?!
Pit, in all honesty, I 101% agree with everything you said. However, they keep insisting this limit is for business purposes and they will lose money without this limit. I still can't comprehend how, but I trust that their accountants have business sense. 1000 to me is just a compromise to give them the limit they want while allowing us players to enjoy the game the way it has been all these years. We can still stash for map runs with 1000 items, so it won't change our playing style very much.
Darn it....the thread is getting hijacked again :facepalm::LOL:

Top Bottom