Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

2D view

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
Sometimes, I find it hard to see what is where in my city and I'd like an option to look at it from above in a simple 2D view so that no big building hides what lies behind it. It does not need to look fancy at all, just should give me a nice and quick overview of what I placed where and how I might improve the layout of my city.

Probably not quite the same as what you want, but have you tried using this feature?

IMG_2556.JPG

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
have you tried using this feature?

Yes, I have but I don't see which building is where on that, just where a street is and such. It might be just as simple but should include some kind of indicator which building is where and eventually even an option to move them on there since it is easier to navigate that way - at least in my view.

drivefast99

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awlp2dv
Username
df99
Buildings are color coded. Passenger producing are a different color than coin producing, special buildings, etc. When you click on a building you can see what it is, just X it, if it's the wrong one.

Not perfect, but usable. Works great when collecting items as they are all the same height.

No, you can move the buildings in 2D mode just the same as normal view. I try to do most of my relocations in this mode because tapping the correct spot is far easier.

My greatest bug bear with pax producing buildings is that once the terminal is full and the suitcase is shaded out, you can no longer get any information about the building by tapping it. Just a message that the terminal is full :(

I have noticed a bug recently, though. When trying to put a building back on to your city from the warehouse or buy a new building in 2D mode, sometimes my game freezes requiring a restart. There is no damage caused and nothing is lost but it's quite annoying.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
No, you can move the buildings in 2D mode just the same as normal view. I try to do most of my relocations in this mode because tapping the correct spot is far easier.

Thanks. I'll try that then next time I want to move something. Currently, everything is crammed. Just waiting to level up to 31 and saving 100.000 at the same time to then buy the next bigger runway to allow the big planes to visit me... ;)

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
This is a 2D game. When you turn a building it's its exact mirror image. Like the buildings in Sim City 2000, if you're familiar with it. Nothing 3D about it.
When you want a top view, it will require an entire new rendering of your city and everything in it. It'll take at least double the memory space required and will be heavier to run. Not GI's intentions. :)
They could elaborate the grid button to view different zones only: only the parks or only power, only residential, etc.

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
Sometimes, I find it hard to see what is where in my city and I'd like an option to look at it from above in a simple 2D view so that no big building hides what lies behind it. It does not need to look fancy at all, just should give me a nice and quick overview of what I placed where and how I might improve the layout of my city.

there is a bit of a work around for this situation if you are using windows 10.

Just take a series of screen shots of the areas you are interested.

And then you the split screen feature have your city in grid view on one side and a picture of the are on the other.

It is a bit cumbersome but you have an idea of what buildings are where. It only works on windows 10

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
This is a 2D game. When you turn a building it's its exact mirror image. Like the buildings in Sim City 2000, if you're familiar with it. Nothing 3D about it.
When you want a top view, it will require an entire new rendering of your city and everything in it. It'll take at least double the memory space required and will be heavier to run. Not GI's intentions. :)
They could elaborate the grid button to view different zones only: only the parks or only power, only residential, etc.

What I meant was that buildings hide those behind them. Whether you want to call that 3D or not is not so important to me. I guessed that it might be a memory issue and that is why I said I would not need a good looking top view. If there was just a top view map with the name of the buildings or an abbreviation written on it at the places where they stand, that would help a lot and not require much memory at all. It would basically be the grid view with some characters added to it, no graphics needed.

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
What I meant was that buildings hide those behind them. Whether you want to call that 3D or not is not so important to me. I guessed that it might be a memory issue and that is why I said I would not need a good looking top view. If there was just a top view map with the name of the buildings or an abbreviation written on it at the places where they stand, that would help a lot and not require much memory at all. It would basically be the grid view with some characters added to it, no graphics needed.
Putting the tall ones in the back might help. I recall I used to do that... :)

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)

It is not a memory issue.
The building were designed that way, Airport City are trying to create the building exactly as they appear but on a smaller scale.

You need to be careful in the placement of tall buildings they will block the view of any small buildings behind them. usually tall building are placed on the edge of the city or in group with other tall buildings away from smaller buildings.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Top-down view wouldn't be very useful. Just take a look on any city on an aerial photo - all you can see are the roofs, and they're all look nearly same. The grid view is not much worse.

What would help most IMHO is to add passenger count and collect timer to the grid view, so you'd know if you're clicking a high value building or something that can be clicked every few minutes.

Top Bottom