Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS ‘On the wings of love’ challenge - leagues

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
036sl09t8
Username
Mihai Cater, SpW
Hi there!

I’m quite new to the game and have only participated in a few of these challenges. Is there an issue with this week’s league scoring/calculation or is there something I am missing?

As you can see from the attached photos, today I have +2000 kittens, however, I am still in the Titanium leagues, although on the info page, it states +2000 should be Platinum ...

Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

Attachments

• F30ACBA0-EF45-4926-9ADC-161B531ABE33.png
    F30ACBA0-EF45-4926-9ADC-161B531ABE33.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 124
  • B3CBBE4C-C757-4967-972D-DAEC2B8E2DA8.png
    B3CBBE4C-C757-4967-972D-DAEC2B8E2DA8.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 118

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Hi there!

I’m quite new to the game and have only participated in a few of these challenges. Is there an issue with this week’s league scoring/calculation or is there something I am missing?

As you can see from the attached photos, today I have +2000 kittens, however, I am still in the Titanium leagues, although on the info page, it states +2000 should be Platinum ...

Am I missing something, or is this a bug?
There can only be 100 players in Platinum league (no limit on other leagues).
At 00:00 UTC the trophy requirement for Platinum is updated (based on what the lowest player in the league has). As the day moves on the target increases. The only way to find out is ask someone in the league to post, or keep chasing to get there. 100 spaces isn’t a lot in the league.

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3
The required amount for each level increases at midnight UTC each day. When you claim your daily reward it is based on where you were ranked just prior to the daily increase. I do not know how often the pages are updated, but there is a definite lag. No real time updating here.

This is at least how I have observed the levels in the challenges working. While I was typing, and watching TV, Barkmi4 posted above. Until reading his post, after posting myself, did I know of the 100 limit at platinum.

Edit shortly after posting.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
036sl09t8
Username
Mihai Cater, SpW
There can only be 100 players in Platinum league (no limit on other leagues).
At 00:00 UTC the trophy requirement for Platinum is updated (based on what the lowest player in the league has). As the day moves on the target increases. The only way to find out is ask someone in the league to post, or keep chasing to get there. 100 spaces isn’t a lot in the league.

That makes sense now ...

Thank you very much for clearing that up for me. Much appreciated

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3
Not quite correct. you are awarded according to the highest league that you reached for that day. You may jump up a league and be dropped a few minutes later but you‘ll still get the higher reward.
@Bob69bob
Ah, that would make sense. Midnight UTC is 7:00 pm here on US east coast, so it is right in the middle of my prime-time playing. Normally, if paying attention to the challenge league, I am pushing to move up to the next level and the additional steal chest before the change, and getting pushed back down again. I always seem to be on the boarder line between gold & titanium.

So the most correct phrasing would be: "The challenge league reward is based on the highest league position attained during the UTC day." Would this seem to be correct?

Side note: I looked at the clocks for here and there and at first thought, we are only 8 hours apart. Then I remember about this thing called the International Date Line. We are actually 16 hours apart.

@Bob69bob
Ah, that would make sense. Midnight UTC is 7:00 pm here on US east coast, so it is right in the middle of my prime-time playing. Normally, if paying attention to the challenge league, I am pushing to move up to the next level and the additional steal chest before the change, and getting pushed back down again. I always seem to be on the boarder line between gold & titanium.

So the most correct phrasing would be: "The challenge league reward is based on the highest league position attained during the UTC day." Would this seem to be correct?

Side note: I looked at the clocks for here and there and at first thought, we are only 8 hours apart. Then I remember about this thing called the International Date Line. We are actually 16 hours apart.
That phrase is exactly how it works.

Travelling from Australia to North America always feels strange, time wise - 15 hours in an aluminium tube only to arrive 4 hours in the past. The time gap coming back is almost as weird - a 16 hr flight but the clock has only gone forward 12... have we lost time? We’ve actually gone forward 2 days!

Top Bottom