Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Wiki not working??

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Please Message me to request
Username
gbs
For some days now I have not been able to access the airport city wiki at wkia.com - after a long delay all I ever get is the front page in text format but none of the links lead anywhere. I have tried in three different browsers with the same result which suggests some kind of major outage. I get similar problems at wikia.com and cannot get to other wikis. It's disappointing as this is about the only organised source of information about the game. Enabling, among other things, finding out what else you will be asked for when purchasing buildings or upgrades.
If anyone else is still able to access it normally please post here as this means I will need to trace the problem on my PC - but I figured that being able to view the text index page ruled out local issues. I have 10Mbps download so that is not the issue

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
wiki is working fine on my pc.

I suggest you check your ports, The one wiki needs maybe closed.
It is not a browser issue as you say you can access the splash page.

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Username
gbs
That would explain things - I swapped routers three days ago and ISP 10 days ago (though I am sure i accessed ok with the new ISP)
Does anyone know which ports need to be opened for the wiki to work - then I can play with the router a bit

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Username
gbs
I suggest you use the network troubleshooter function and point it to the wiki url. It should tell you the ports you need open.
Thanks - tried this but it did not find any error - I have submitted the question to Microsoft Community but still interested in anything anyone here can suggest

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I think it's not ports, it's something blocking your access to some sites (which provide parts of wikia). It's either antivirus/firewall, ad blocker or your ISP intercepting parts of traffic. Try disabling those programs on your computer or use another device (tablet/phone). If that doesn't work, you can circumvent ISP blockades by using TOR browser. If you're from UK, you should learn the TOR anyway, before Cameron manages to block everything.

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Username
gbs
Thanks I know Tor! I know it is not the ISP blocking because two other computers on the same network can access it OK - as I could last week. All I have done since is change the router for a new one but then the other PCs are using the same router. I have tested it with the firewall off but thanks for the suggestion about ad blocker -I will check that

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Username
gbs
I think it's not ports, it's something blocking your access to some sites (which provide parts of wikia). It's either antivirus/firewall, ad blocker or your ISP intercepting parts of traffic. Try disabling those programs on your computer or use another device (tablet/phone). If that doesn't work, you can circumvent ISP blockades by using TOR browser. If you're from UK, you should learn the TOR anyway, before Cameron manages to block everything.
Thanks TOR worked but that is odd with the other pcs accessing in a normal browser

Top Bottom