Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

What to do next? Seeking advice...

Device
  1. iPhone
Username
MightyOldMan
Hi all.
I'm lvl 48, TH6 at the moment and I feel stuck in the game... So seeking advice from the advanced players.
Some context: I'm a F2P and my biggest issue is land expansion. Currently every expansion costs me 20 greenies (10 with the promotion event) and it's very hard to obtain. So I need to participate in the events and get at least to the top 10 in order to get enough of them. This takes too much of my time and I don't really enjoy the game this way.
I managed to gather 600K gold, but, again, due to the limited space, I'm not sure what's the best way to spend it. Here are several options I consider:
1) Upgrade control tower to level 8, then buy an additional stand, then upgrade the hangar and get another plane (probably Jambo). The problem is that I don't have enough PAX even to send all my current planes (e.g. Eagle takes 280 and I can send it once a day when I gather pax in the morning)
2) Pursue Missions and obtain all kind of new building. for example, History Museum and Private Clinic, which are on the list.
3) Upgrade existing buildings, eg Weather Station, Fuel Station, Duty Free
4) Upgrade Terminal and build more parking slots
5) Remove some of my older buildings (Perfume Stores, Car Dealerships, House of Wax, etc) and replace then either with more expensive commercial buildings or even residential ones

Appreciate any advice!

Golden rule: time is money. If you’re a FTP player - an absolutely legit option - then expect to need much more time, and invest much more time, to develop your game.
given the golden rule, lower your expectations. Don’t try to proceed to higher planes before you have all the structures needed to support them. And that includes enough pax.
side missions are there to push you to higher levels, higher planes and drain your resources. Ignore them. one day you will find they’re almost all done, without having to pursue them.
land tons of guest planes, they’ll give you much needed pax and fuel. And items for collections, which will give you coins when completed.
reshape your city. Find the most profitable buildings, according to your game style. If you play some minutes every hour or two, buildings with smaller refill time can be better than others. If you only log once or twice a day, chose buildings with longer refill time. to get there, study the buildings. You have a lot of threads on the subject around here and the wiki also has a lot of info you can use.
btw, IMO house of wax is one of the worst coin buildings you can have. 3x3 and a lousy return for the time it takes.
Even without seeing your city, I would go for 3/5 pax buildings and 2/5 coin buildings for now.
don’t rush to get higher level planes. Build your fleet accordingly to your pax, and Improve it when Your city is ready for that.
start your space program, if you haven’t still. Keep flying for space items, visit neighbors for space buildings, and launch with friends
about friends: don’t add random people, they won’t help you most of the time. Add forum people, add people from the discord channel, add people from organized launch groups: all people you can get in touch

And spend time reading the forum. Some threads are really inspiring

now about your specific questions
1) Upgrade control tower to level 8, then buy an additional stand, then upgrade the hangar and get another plane (probably Jambo). The problem is that I don't have enough PAX even to send all my current planes (e.g. Eagle takes 280 and I can send it once a day when I gather pax in the morning)

priorities: 1. Runway level : up to date, so you can land higher level guest planes; 2. CT tower, absolutely, to be able to build more stands. BUT invest on the type of planes you already have, for the reasons I gave above. It’s better to have a solid fleet of owls, hawks and ravens, at least for the time being, than a single eagle or jumbo you can’t operate properly.

2) Pursue Missions and obtain all kind of new building. for example, History Museum and Private Clinic, which are on the list.

- ignore those, they’ll be completed by themselves as your game progress

- ignore also those for now

- it’s an option, but you have more important upgrades to do

5) Remove some of my older buildings (Perfume Stores, Car Dealerships, House of Wax, etc) and replace then either with more expensive commercial buildings or even residential ones

— possibly. you will have a clearer picture when you analyze the way you play and the returns from each building

Join an alliance when you can or create one just to feel the pulse

have fun 🤩

Last edited:
Hi all.
I'm lvl 48, TH6 at the moment and I feel stuck in the game... So seeking advice from the advanced players.
Some context: I'm a F2P and my biggest issue is land expansion. Currently every expansion costs me 20 greenies (10 with the promotion event) and it's very hard to obtain. So I need to participate in the events and get at least to the top 10 in order to get enough of them. This takes too much of my time and I don't really enjoy the game this way.
I managed to gather 600K gold, but, again, due to the limited space, I'm not sure what's the best way to spend it. Here are several options I consider:

Appreciate any advice!
Many people on this forum are F2P. From what I can tell, you have some coins now, but are limited by pax. Thus, your strategy should be to maximize pax availability per area so you can pursue fun things in the game. Random suggestions I have -- every suggestion comes with the phrase "do this if it is enjoyable to you and makes you happy!" :)) :

1) The side missions are not required. I have those buildings (like History Museum and Private Clinic) in my city because sometimes people need to visit them.
2) Fuel station is a good coin investment, but weather station and duty free upgrades are not a top priority for your coins.
3) You really want to maximize pax per area, so start saving up coins for the good pax buildings. Use a spreadsheet to calculate best pax per time and pax per space. Have a range of buildings that fit your play style. For example, if you check the game twice per day, then invest in 2x2 buildings that give the best pax every 6-12 hours or so. Whatever works for you.
4) I would remove those coin buildings you mentioned like Perfume Store and House of Wax. They have a very low coin-per-space return. Most of your coins come from gathering collections anyway. Make sure any coin building you have "earns" its place in your city.
5) You have a "magic garden" aka "magic square", right? If not, search for the thread describing it on the forum or PM me.
6) As for terminal and parking lot upgrades, they help with the amount of pax you can store, but not with rate of pax generation (this whole game is basically a box model / differential equation, if that means anything to you). If you always feel like you can only send off 1-2 planes before collecting more pax, then upgrade these.
7) The number of each plane type you have is very dependent on what you want to do. Are you in an alliance? Do you care about alliance missions? Do you care about pax per week? Do you want stars? How may flight items can you get for each plane type? Can you afford the space to build the buildings required to support the new plane? Make your plan and see what you need to accomplish it.

And yes, this is a long-term game. Nothing comes fast unless you pay for it. So, do what is fun for you and enjoy! And always, you can ask more specific questions on the forum :)

EDIT: I was 2 minutes after the awesome @TeresaLisboa . Do what they said 😀

Top Bottom