Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

what does the "radius" associated with some buildings, do?

Device
  1. Windows PC
I've noticed some buildings, such as the student residence hall and the education center, both level 1 btw, in the description of said buildings, say that a radius of surrounding squares is included. What does this mean, and how can I take advantage of it?

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
The radius shows how many squares around the building will be affected by the bonus. Radius 1 means only buildings in the adjacent square will be the bonus. When you tap on a building that has a radius bonus, you will see the squares it covers - green shading means passenger bonus, blue shading means commercial (coins) bonus.

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
it means the surrounding area for x units gets the benefit. As you know each piece of land consists of 4 X 4 units

if you have a 2x2 building with a gift radius of 1 . it means the 12 units around the building get the benefit of the gift.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Thanks for the replies so quickly. Both are big helps. What kind of bonus can I expect from these buildings, or is this mentioned in the description of the buildings? I'm guessing, and I do alot of guessing with this game, that it would be to my advantage to put the highest return buildings, both coins and passengers, close to these bonus buildings in order to take full advantage of their capabilities?

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
This image shows the radius of 5 that the bonus covers. Everything in that green area will get a 2% boost in passenger production. So a building that produces 100 passengers would produce 100+2 passengers.

It's important to note that a building can't produce part of a passenger. So a building that produces 1 passenger can't produce 1.02 passengers so it doubles to 2 passengers - 1+1.

bonus.jpg

Device
  1. Windows PC
I lied, it's the Institute of Volcanology I have, and it don't do squat as far as bonuses. Is the only way to have a Volcano House is to have received one during that event? Or can I buy one now?

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I lied, it's the Institute of Volcanology I have, and it don't do squat as far as bonuses. Is the only way to have a Volcano House is to have received one during that event? Or can I buy one now?
So far, yes. But there are a lot of other buildings that give passenger bonuses. You can even buy some in the store very cheap for coins - under the tree icon

Top Bottom