Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

What Are Your Thoughts About Mother Earth?

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20halcdzw
Username
Cassandra
Some say the virus is an act of terrorism. Some say the virus is an act of God.
Some say it is a conspiracy that several nations have gathered together in secrecy, bringing NWO New World Order, into play.
However, if one looks back nearly 2 years ago, when the pandemic was at its highest rate of infections, then; the entire planet was brought to an almost complete stand still. Big and little, populated or not, streets interstates, freeways and such were devoid of one thing. People.
No planes, no trains, no automobiles. Very few PEOPLE roamed about on the planet.
For Mother Earth, she could once more breathe again. Places that have never seen the Himalayas in over 30 years suddenly had a clear view of the largest mountain range on the planet.
Now as mankind tries to fight a worldwide pandemic, Mother Earth keeps changing the rules on the playing field we call Earth.
Fissures are opening up in the earth's crust forming new volcanoes, volcanoes that have been dormant become active once again.
And then we have the weather running amok not just in the United States, but again the entire planet is experiencing unusual weather phenomenon. Places that tornados, hurricanes, flooding, ice storms, hail storms and snow, are being inundated with this unusual weather.
Places that should be cold, wet with snow, covered in snow, and it feels like a warm spring day. Places suppose to be hot, dry; are as I said seeing snow, rain or other strange weather patterns.
Scientists are talking about a doomsday glacier; a very large part of the ice shelf in Antarctica that if it calves from the shelf, we will have pushed the planet to such a point, it will never recover.
Are we already too late? Or is the virus, the weather and other weird things Mother Earth's way of slapping every human upside the head telling us to stop doing what we have done for the last 200+ years?

Д

Дима (gift)

The rhetoric of modern eco-fascist activists stubbornly imposes a guilt complex on us and drives into our heads the slogan "kill yourself - save the planet"
At the same time, there is not a single convincing evidence that the existing "anomalies" are not a natural process. Blaming humanity for natural disasters is just as ridiculous as charging dinosaurs for the change in atmospheric pressure that led to the elimination of the gigantism of flora and fauna.
It is very convenient to get into the pose of the victim, and at the same time the persecutor-judge and blame everyone. Personally, I'm wondering when they get out of the Karpman triangle.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Hmm, very deep discussion.

At the same time, there is not a single convincing evidence that the existing "anomalies" are not a natural process.
This is interesting. I once spoke to a scientist who studied ice in the poles. When I asked him about the growing size of the icebergs in the sea (because I was very concerned about it 20ish years ago), he told me that big icebergs are great for headlines but the really big ones are actually indication of the polar glaciers are growing faster. I don't know the answer. I'm not even sure there is scientific consensus.

As for "conspiracies", sometimes they are just tomorrow's news. I remember back in March 2020, I was saying it was more likely a lab leak. Back in April 2020, I was saying there would be vaccine mandates and vaccine passports. I said back then that the lock downs wouldn't stop at 2 weeks. I was called a conspiracy theorist. :) Now in Canada, we absolutely have mandates, passports, etc and still in lockdown with Quebec having curfews.

@Stupor-Duck aka Cassandra
Are we too late? Probably. People have been relinquishing their freedom to political and corporate elite for decades.

"Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion. Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing. He is not a good man who, without a protest, allows wrong to be committed in his name, and with the means which he helps to supply, because he will not trouble himself to use his mind on the subject."

or the falsely attributed but more succinct quote

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing".

Hmm, very deep discussion.

This is interesting. I once spoke to a scientist who studied ice in the poles. When I asked him about the growing size of the icebergs in the sea (because I was very concerned about it 20ish years ago), he told me that big icebergs are great for headlines but the really big ones are actually indication of the polar glaciers are growing faster. I don't know the answer. I'm not even sure there is scientific consensus.

As for "conspiracies", sometimes they are just tomorrow's news. I remember back in March 2020, I was saying it was more likely a lab leak. Back in April 2020, I was saying there would be vaccine mandates and vaccine passports. I said back then that the lock downs wouldn't stop at 2 weeks. I was called a conspiracy theorist. :) Now in Canada, we absolutely have mandates, passports, etc and still in lockdown with Quebec having curfews.

@Stupor-Duck aka Cassandra
Are we too late? Probably. People have been relinquishing their freedom to political and corporate elite for decades.

"Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion. Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing. He is not a good man who, without a protest, allows wrong to be committed in his name, and with the means which he helps to supply, because he will not trouble himself to use his mind on the subject."

or the falsely attributed but more succinct quote

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing".
And one problem I have is that I'm not sure who to trust. I don't believe the COVID virus is a conspiracy at all. I believe it started in China as part of a tendency that we've seen before with the bubonic plague that spread from China to Europe in the 1300's and much of this tendency is a high-population density.

Now I do believe that we have an impact on the environment and eco-systems. However, how much man is responsible for is a big question because the Earth itself has natural cycles and is constantly changing. I've heard of tree fossils in Antartica and mountain tops that contain seashells. In legal field, you have words such as "accretion" and "evulsion" that describe changes in a riverbed.

There is simply a lot we do not know.

Д

Дима (gift)

And one problem I have is that I'm not sure who to trust. I don't believe the COVID virus is a conspiracy at all. I believe it started in China as part of a tendency that we've seen before with the bubonic plague that spread from China to Europe in the 1300's and much of this tendency is a high-population density.

Now I do believe that we have an impact on the environment and eco-systems. However, how much man is responsible for is a big question because the Earth itself has natural cycles and is constantly changing. I've heard of tree fossils in Antartica and mountain tops that contain seashells. In legal field, you have words such as "accretion" and "evulsion" that describe changes in a riverbed.
I do not argue with the fact that there is a certain influence of humanity. Of course, changing the riverbed, killing birds and animals for fun, water pollution and irresponsible attitude to safety protocols are certainly the cause of new diseases and their mutations. However, I strongly do not accept unsubstantiated accusations and pitiful cries of modern eco-activists, even if it is a teenager who skipped classes. Unfortunately, instead of a real fight against harmful industries (maybe because these same corporations finance them, they don't even hide it), they dont offer scientifically-based solutions for third countries, they're just simulating a fight. What will we get from them? The maximum is an additional green price tag on each product in the store as it already is now with VAT.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance

There is simply a lot we do not know.
I wasn't suggesting covid was a conspiracy. What I said was that I predicted gov't would use it as a method to implement mandatory vaccines, passports, etc. and that I suspected it possibly leaked (not was deliberately leaked) from the lab. I was called a conspiracy theorist. The first two have come to Canada while the third is being seriously entertained as a possibility.

Really, I was just predicting tomorrow's news.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I do not argue with the fact that there is a certain influence of humanity. Of course, changing the riverbed, killing birds and animals for fun, water pollution and irresponsible attitude to safety protocols are certainly the cause of new diseases and their mutations. However, I strongly do not accept unsubstantiated accusations and pitiful cries of modern eco-activists, even if it is a teenager who skipped classes. Unfortunately, instead of a real fight against harmful industries (maybe because these same corporations finance them, they don't even hide it), they dont offer scientifically-based solutions for third countries, they're just simulating a fight. What will we get from them? The maximum is an additional green price tag on each product in the store as it already is now with VAT.
OMG yes! They have everybody focused on what their neighbour is doing - what car they are driving, how much they are driving, how wasteful their lifestyle is and that turns eyes away from the real harms that corporations are doing.

As a diver, I'm very interested in the ocean. Scientists know that coral has been bleaching for 10s of thousands of years and that coral bleaching is not a death sentence. One could argue that it's more frequent now but that's not the point. I have witnessed the recovery of coral bleaching first hand as I dive in the same location annually at the same time of year and taken a keen interest in some of the coral studies that are happening there. Why did the recover where I dive? Well the theory the scientists have is there is enough small fish to keep the coral clear of algae until they recover. But why aren't there enough small fish in other areas? Overfishing is one reason ... especially the utter destruction of sharks. The Caribbean is another special case with the introduction of lionfish - a non-native species with no natural predators. And they are also eating the small fish that keep the coral clean. Who did all of this? Not you or I. There are industries that support these practices and governments are doing nothing to stop this. Costa Rica is a great example of a gov't that pretended to do something about shark fishing but it was all just puppet show.

Top Bottom