Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Weather May Be Coming

Permission granted 🤣

They tend to only introduce one "big change" at a time, and they tend to advertise it to lure in new players, so this sneak peak at weather may be the "big change" that was expected. With 7.0, it was the airport layout and runways...with 8.0, it was the hangar and "seeing our flights mid flight". Liveries were introduced midway through 8. All of these big changes were individual events so far, so I would be surprised if this was any different. I have a bad feeling about this.
Not to mention someone from the company said on FB it was something players have been asking for ages. And for those of us that follow FB AC groups should not be a surprise if we got night and day mode. All those players that have migrated from AC-FB to the app keep moaning about the latter not having essentially 2 things: the night and day mode (“oh it was soooo cute”) and the “wish list” (never played AC on FB so I don’t know how it worked, but you picked some items and other players would know what to send to you. Not sure if it was only warehouse items or collectibles)

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Not to mention someone from the company said on FB it was something players have been asking for ages. And for those of us that follow FB AC groups should not be a surprise if we got night and day mode. All those players that have migrated from AC-FB to the app keep moaning about the latter not having essentially 2 things: the night and day mode (“oh it was soooo cute”) and the “wish list” (never played AC on FB so I don’t know how it worked, but you picked some items and other players would know what to send to you. Not sure if it was only warehouse items or collectibles)
Wish list sounds a lot like our adaptation of showing our requested items in the title. We just improvised because...well...we're just that awesome 😎😂

Chippy72

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Chippy
It would better if GI increased the game levels from 80 to maybe 120, another improvement would be a bigger terminal and an increase in gates or allowing flights from the airports apro, personally I don’t need weather condition.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I can agree with all of you but sometimes GI prepared something to use later sometimes bad things (usually) sometimes good.
Everybody forgot the cars around the city? Seams only aesthetic but on some events is a green cash
I'll give them credit for making the cars actually useful. The issue is not necessarily the idea, but they tend to not make the idea as great as it can be, and also not update what is already in place, such as the alliance system, star rewards system, new aircraft, and new space missions. Liveries can be a lot better than they currently are, and yet I actually like them.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Again they only seem to be focused on the looks of the game and not the feel of the game. I've been watching neighbor lists of my own and newbs come in play one or two events, are not happy with the game play, nor that everything costs greenies which equals to real cash. What with other worldly crisis' people everywhere dont have tons of disposable income to waste on a video game. GI can redesign the entire layout, reverse the areas from one side of the screen to the other, but unless they improve upon the game play itself, AC will shrivel and dry up like any other games that have grown stale
I have to disagree with some of this. There is no "requirement" to pay for anything. You can get quite far in the game without putting any real cash in. There are some people who are happy to put in the effort for the long haul. Others want instant gratification. Some see what people have worked years to build and they expect to have it all now for free without putting in the work.

But yes, just focusing on the look without updating aspects of game play isn't moving the ball forward.

At the same time, I'm not even at 1000 stars yet so I have lots to work on before I have nothing left to work on in the game.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I disagree that new levels are the solution. All the XP points accumulated since maxing out will move most people through these levels almost instantly. Even if they don't count accumulated XP, most have tons of uncollected collections and XP bonuses such that they would blow through the levels simply opening chests (painfully one at a time though).

Adding levels doesn't add any new aspect to the game.

As for the weather, I agree with @Navigata07. Looks nice. Probably a memory hog.

Will it impact flight times/fuel requirements? Probably - although if you have gold sub it should not impact anything. It will also favor long time players who have full warehouses of weather items/bonuses and put newbies at a disadvantage.

Marve

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask_for
Username
Marve
I disagree that new levels are the solution. All the XP points accumulated since maxing out will move most people through these levels almost instantly. Even if they don't count accumulated XP, most have tons of uncollected collections and XP bonuses such that they would blow through the levels simply opening chests (painfully one at a time though).

Adding levels doesn't add any new aspect to the game.

As for the weather, I agree with @Navigata07. Looks nice. Probably a memory hog.

Will it impact flight times/fuel requirements? Probably - although if you have gold sub it should not impact anything. It will also favor long time players who have full warehouses of weather items/bonuses and put newbies at a disadvantage.
In my opinion weathers items is not a problem if newbies have a Meteorological Lab and if you have items probably the bonuses are useless

Wackeler

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20qjmn4y2
Username
Dirk VR F20 SlPi
So I played on facebook for years. The wishlist was a huge benefit as it allowed you to complete collections faster on a quest or that required forever flying. The weighting of collectibles in a series is often strange. You have 15 pieces of one item, only 2 of the other. So you could always put something in the wish box and neighbors could fulfill this wish. A mutual give and take.

So I played on facebook for years. The wishlist was a huge benefit as it allowed you to complete collections faster on a quest or that required forever flying. The weighting of collectibles in a series is often strange. You have 15 pieces of one item, only 2 of the other. So you could always put something in the wish box and neighbors could fulfill this wish. A mutual give and take.
Just out of curiosity : so in terms of collectibles, I guess the item was discounted on the senders account and added to the receivers account.
but could you put also normal items in the wish list, like VRs and the like? And those would work as they do in the app ou as the collectibles worked? I mean, taking Vrs asan example, did the sender “lose” a VR or not?

Wackeler

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20qjmn4y2
Username
Dirk VR F20 SlPi
Just out of curiosity : so in terms of collectibles, I guess the item was discounted on the senders account and added to the receivers account.
but could you put also normal items in the wish list, like VRs and the like? And those would work as they do in the app ou as the collectibles worked? I mean, taking Vrs asan example, did the sender “lose” a VR or not?
if I remember correctly you could only put items from collections in the box. If you tricked you, you got ripped off yourself. This is how the game balances itself out, since you cannot give away endless gifts, but must also collect them yourself. We were in a group of about 30 people and we always helped each other so that everyone could complete the quest. Of course, you can also put collection items for the rocket launch there....

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Wait....wait wait wait wait wait...you're telling me that the wish list allowed players to gift collection items? So if I wanted...lets say...a mistletoe from the last event, I could put that on my wish list and have it sent to me?😯

This is interesting. Definitely something that would increase interaction among players.

Top Bottom