Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Tried to link progress and got kicked out of my own alliance (which I was the only member of)

HahAti

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
So, in short:
- was lvl 5 (if not 6) of my own closed alliance called Flyahati and I was the only member
- decided to try linking my app game with the browser one
- Opera on Win10
- got my linking code in app game
- browser game loads
- closed the app game
- I inserted the linking code I got from the app game
- got the "oops" message in browser game because it crashed, got asked to refresh
- refresh, browser game loads
- add a linking code again, got message that I needed new one
- opened the app game
- asked to choose between app game and browser game
- choose the old app game
- got message that I got kicked out of my own alliance.

Any ideas (other than "contact G!")? 🤷‍♂️ :unsure:

So, in short:
- was lvl 5 (if not 6) of my own closed alliance called Flyahati and I was the only member
- Opera on Win10
- browser game loads
- closed the app game
- got the "oops" message in browser game because it crashed, got asked to refresh
- opened the app game

I dont think Gi support can help you to get back to your alliance no one kick you its just the server cannot find you in your alliance because some how didnt saved.
The reason always when you link your game you dont have to open the new game link at same time you have to wait 10 min so everything will be saved in the server the moment you go back to the old game and started the new game will be crashed.
To return back to the alliance you have to contact the owner of the alliance to send you invitation or send request.

HahAti

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
I dont think Gi support can help you to get back to your alliance no one kick you its just the server cannot find you in your alliance because some how didnt saved.
The reason always when you link your game you dont have to open the new game link at same time you have to wait 10 min so everything will be saved in the server the moment you go back to the old game and started the new game will be crashed.
To return back to the alliance you have to contact the owner of the alliance to send you invitation or send request.
Two things though:
1) The app game said I had to link within 6 minutes (or so) or the link expired. Which is why I didn't wait 10 minutes.
2) I was the creator, owner and the only member of my private/closed alliance so I kind of can't invite myself back in.
You're probably right about alliance info not being saved though. But that was totally out of player's hands.

I got the impression that linking meant I could play through the browser whenever I was not playing on PC and all I needed to do was to always synch with the server. If that's not the case, I'll just abandon this whole idea and restart alliance from scratch. *sigh*

So, in short:
- Opera on Win10
- browser game loads
- closed the app game
- opened the app game

You could use Chrome instead of Opera.

I could not load game into Microsoft Edge !!

Regards
Harcourt

So, in short:
- Opera on Win10
- browser game loads
- closed the app game
- opened the app game

I followed the directions recently posted to chat to a tee and no problems.

Differences:
Used Chrome instead of Opera
Visited neighbor from web version prior to exit
Didn't link during an event in case failure so won't lose competition spot

Decided to check my spot and found out I'm not even on the competition board anymore 🤦‍♂️ Do players in this situation still get back on it or is it better to give up on the event and move on?
A player experienced this last event so they contacted GI and were rewarded based on their prior held spot but were not placed back within competition. However, they experienced this with only a few days remaining on the event so unsure what GI might offer now.

HahAti

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
A player experienced this last event so they contacted GI and were rewarded based on their prior held spot but were not placed back within competition. However, they experienced this with only a few days remaining on the event so unsure what GI might offer now.
Jesus, I also lost all of my neighbours! :(((

Before I contact G!... I have saved game from mid-January or so. Let's say I try to apply it and refresh it with the server, will that get me my neighbours and alliance back? Will probably miss a couple of greenies, coins, a few new neighbours and items/buildings from last events. And if I have to choose between that and current state (+ a few greenies as a compensation), I choose the former.

HahAti

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Check in the alliance office if you are actually kicked out, same message popped for me when I linked but when I checked in the office, I was still in the alliance
Sadly no, I only have the option to create new alliance. Tried to search for my lost one but then remembered it's been set to private anyway.

Found the backup of the game has Friends.airdat in size of 27kb while the newer blank one is 1kb big. Will close the app game and Frankenstein it up together.
It might be the stupidest thing ever or it might just work.

Sadly no, I only have the option to create new alliance. Tried to search for my lost one but then remembered it's been set to private anyway.

Found the backup of the game has Friends.airdat in size of 27kb while the newer blank one is 1kb big. Will close the app game and Frankenstein it up together.
It might be the stupidest thing ever or it might just work.
Neighbors should restore via the file but I've never attempted, just what I've read. Unsure though if the entire folder\file must be restored, there might be a checksum file.

HahAti

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Neighbors should restore via the file but I've never attempted, just what I've read. Unsure though if the entire folder\file must be restored, there might be a checksum file.
Tried a few times and it didn't work, would probably have to migrate the whole older profile folder. I've sent G! a ticket and will wait for their reply.

Two things though:
1) The app game said I had to link within 6 minutes (or so) or the link expired. Which is why I didn't wait 10 minutes.
2) I was the creator, owner and the only member of my private/closed alliance so I kind of can't invite myself back in.
You're probably right about alliance info not being saved though. But that was totally out of player's hands.

I got the impression that linking meant I could play through the browser whenever I was not playing on PC and all I needed to do was to always synch with the server. If that's not the case, I'll just abandon this whole idea and restart alliance from scratch. *sigh*
I linked my game and i use chrome but the moment i link my game i did not open the old one in my pc i just wait till the game start in the browser then i deleted from my pc.
By the way your alliance now have new owner from your team there try to find it and send request who know maybe the new owner open it for public waiting you to come back.

Two things though:

These were the directions I followed per @Bryon as my main game is on mobile\Android:
2022-02-07-15-05-57-233.jpg

1) the code expires in 10 minutes, else must request a new one to use for linking so be ready
2) if forum members are in alliance, dm someone to ask to be sent invite, hopefully current owner

Yes, can play browser, pc, mobile - just specify the instance to use which should be the server version. The timestamp is shown to help decide; if needed.

HahAti

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
By the way your alliance now have new owner from your team there try to find it and send request who know maybe the new owner open it for public waiting you to come back.
2) if forum members are in alliance, dm someone to ask to be sent invite, hopefully current owner
Again, I was the creator, owner and the only member of my private/closed alliance. No one else was there. So, if I got kicked out and without any other members, I assume my alliance vanished into thin zeroes and ones.

Thanks for the how-to though. I've saved the image and might try it again once this current situation gets resolved (y)

What i posted above is just using your progress between devices, wouldn't have broken alliance membership unless something is seriously screwed up on the back end (which could be likely)

if you link to chrome and create a login with "trail" as offered on the bottom of the game, you can log in with trail in any chrome in the future and pick up where you left off, then when back on your main device it will ask you which do you want to keep, your local copy (not updated) or your server copy (updated with what you did in the browser)

HahAti

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Happy to report I got all my neighbours and alliance back minutes ago.

What i posted above is just using your progress between devices, wouldn't have broken alliance membership unless something is seriously screwed up on the back end (which could be likely)

if you link to chrome and create a login with "trail" as offered on the bottom of the game, you can log in with trail in any chrome in the future and pick up where you left off, then when back on your main device it will ask you which do you want to keep, your local copy (not updated) or your server copy (updated with what you did in the browser)
Will try again with Chrome and after the event ends. Thank you everyone for your kind words 🙌

Top Bottom