Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Too many passengers!

FrittR

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
044j8uvcl
Username
FrittR 044j8uvcl
Help! I have too many passengers in my Airport City. I currently have about 4600 / 98 passengers, meaning that I can't complete any tasks which involve clicking on residential buildings. For one thing, any Daily Missions which require clicking on residential buildings have to be re-rolled. It is a nuisance. I never thought having too many of a resource would be a bad thing! I've tried removing the residential buildings from my Airport City entirely, but the passengers still keep on arriving. Someone in Chat suggested that I use a Matryoshka Doll, but I don't have any, and don't have the Greenies to spare to buy one. Any advice would really be appreciated.

FrittR

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
044j8uvcl
Username
FrittR 044j8uvcl
Maybe fly some planes...................
P
I have been sending lots of planes. I think the trouble was that I have been focusing on the "Wings of Love" event recently, which uses the special romantic passengers, so I have not been carrying the "normal" passengers as much.

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
I have been sending lots of planes.
I don't know what level you are in the game but resource management is critical to effective playing. Having enough resources to complete a desired task, or managing down resources to make sure you can take advantage of particular elements of the game is, ludicrously, what we addicts now describe as...... FUN. Happy flying.
😭 😱
P

FrittR

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
044j8uvcl
Username
FrittR 044j8uvcl
or managing down resources to make sure you can take advantage of particular elements of the game
Yep, I love resource-management type games. Generally such games as Counterstrike and StarCraft tend towards resource gathering though. I think this is the first game that I have played which penalises the player for having an over-abundance of collected resources. I'll have to keep an eye on that! :LOL:

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Yep, I love resource-management type games. Generally such games as Counterstrike and StarCraft tend towards resource gathering though. I think this is the first game that I have played which penalises the player for having an over-abundance of collected resources. I'll have to keep an eye on that! :LOL:
It’s not a common problem... you’ll soon discover that.

Help! I have too many passengers in my Airport City. I currently have about 4600 / 98 passengers, meaning that I can't complete any tasks which involve clicking on residential buildings. For one thing, any Daily Missions which require clicking on residential buildings have to be re-rolled. It is a nuisance. I never thought having too many of a resource would be a bad thing! I've tried removing the residential buildings from my Airport City entirely, but the passengers still keep on arriving. Someone in Chat suggested that I use a Matryoshka Doll, but I don't have any, and don't have the Greenies to spare to buy one. Any advice would really be appreciated.
That happens, as I see it, for 3 reasons
First, your terminal capacity is 98, which is rather low. Even if you used the matryoshka doll it wouldn’t be enough, as it would double the capacity, I.e. 196, which is still low.
I have got a baby account like that. I decided to just skip daily tasks or change the pax related if needed. Nevertheless, that baby account (level 24) is currently first in its league :)
Second, the visits from your neighbors. Most of us are visiting event related buildings when visiting... we get kittens and eventually event items, but that translates to more regular pax for you
third, you’re probably landing planes like crazy, to get more kittens and for event or daily tasks... yep, that increases your pax amount in the terminal also, I’m sorry to say

final words. Your attempt to stop pax to increase by storing pax buildings would Never work, due to points 2 and 3 above. And some time soon, if you continue to play and develop your city, you’ll find yourself running out of pax real fast... ;)

welcome to AC!

FrittR

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
044j8uvcl
Username
FrittR 044j8uvcl
Your attempt to stop pax to increase by storing pax buildings would Never work, due to points 2 and 3 above.
That is great advice, thanks so much for this. I thought that might be the case, so it is a good thing that I left the land vacant where my residential buildings were, and I can just bring them back from my Warehouse after the event is over. After what you've said above, I might even bring them back before then, as it seems my attempt will be fruitless. I'll leave those tasks which require clicking on residential buildings until after the end of the event. Again, thanks for your advice on this.

Are you using your store of pax? You need to save them and not empty them into the terminal.
But don’t forget that all pax received as gifts from neighbors, dropped from guest planes, received as daily ingame gifts, or dropped from visiting friends go directly to terminal... I think that’s the issue here

FrittR

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
044j8uvcl
Username
FrittR 044j8uvcl
Are you using your store of pax? You need to save them and not empty them into the terminal.
No, from what I understand now, it is because I have been grinding those romantic passengers for the On the Wings of Love event. Apparently they somehow also increase my regular passengers. Apparently this will cease to be a problem for me when the event is finished.

No, from what I understand now, it is because I have been grinding those romantic passengers for the On the Wings of Love event. Apparently they somehow also increase my regular passengers. Apparently this will cease to be a problem for me when the event is finished.
I think what had been conveyed was that by grinding only romantic passengers that "default (non-event type) passengers" were overlooked. If you are also landing guest planes (presumably) or otherwise receiving passengers such as via gift, these only contribute default passengers (e.g. not romantic) and directly into the terminal.

Without sending passenger flights your terminal is overflowing with non romantic passengers. Often smaller planes are the focus during events so periodically send your largest plane(s) with passengers helps to avoid this scenario but requires management and strategy which can shift over time.

FrittR

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
044j8uvcl
Username
FrittR 044j8uvcl
I think what had been conveyed was that by grinding only romantic passengers that "default (non-event type) passengers" were overlooked. If you are also landing guest planes (presumably) or otherwise receiving passengers such as via gift, these only contribute default passengers (e.g. not romantic) and directly into the terminal.

Without sending passenger flights your terminal is overflowing with non romantic passengers. Often smaller planes are the focus during events so periodically send your largest plane(s) with passengers helps to avoid this scenario but requires management and strategy which can shift over time.
Yes, thanks for that further clarification. Either way, I am assured that this problem will dissipate quickly at the end of the event.

jack...

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lhme8nz
Username
Jackie Case
I have been sending lots of planes. I think the trouble was that I have been focusing on the "Wings of Love" event recently, which uses the special romantic passengers, so I have not been carrying the "normal" passengers as much.
I did the same thing on the Walking in the Cloud event. I got so frustrated with the stupid romance passengers that I just didn't do this event. More G! ridiculousness.

I just sending out regular flights to fix the problem. I also bought a bunch of swifts to do alliance missions to get rid of the passengers fast.

Top Bottom