Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS The game freezes with every dropped item

I play AC on the iPhone. Once upon a time I had a nice running game, but recently - tempted by an additional fuel from the airship - I decided to link my game to the desktop version. I received the White Whale, but also my game started to be slow and laggy: it freezes for 3 seconds every time I tap any building that drops any item. When I want to gather a collection that consists of 5 items the game hangs respectively longer: for ~15 sec. The worst time for me is the event time, when event buildings that drop event currency can freeze my game for almost an minute.

Here is what I tried so far to solve the problem:

– I restored game resources
– I reinstalled the whole game (that's why I'm falling off your Favourites)
- I replaced the battery in my phone and upgraded the iOS to the newest version
- I tried to play the game on many different devices and the game freezes on each device in the same way.

I suppose that the database holding my city and all my items is damaged, because I found thousands of Tropical Falcons in my warehouse which I cannot use nor sell.
I also tried to contact GI for help. They claim they know the problem and will implement a solution in the next big update, but: 1. there were no updates of the AC app for over a year (only some event data are injected into the game on the beginning of the event) and 2. there is no sign of similar problem on this forum, so I don't know if the problem is common or individual.

Has anyone experienced similar problems or knows the way how to solve it?
I will appreciate any hint, but before you reply "free/ add RAM, kill unused apps or buy a new device" I'll repeat: this issue seems not to be device-dependent.

Last edited:
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03T2HSQU3
Username
Doubao
I play AC on the iPhone. Once upon a time I had a nice running game, but recently - tempted by an additional fuel from the airship - I decided to link my game to the desktop version. I received the White Whale, but also my game started to be slow and laggy: it freezes for 3 seconds every time I tap any building that drops any item. When I want to gather a collection that consists of 5 items the game hangs respectively longer: for ~15 sec. The worst time for me is the event time, when event buildings that drop event currency can freeze my game for almost an minute.

- I tried to play the game on many different devices and the game freezes on each device in the same way.

I suppose that the database holding my city and all my items is damaged, because I found thousands of Tropical Falcons in my warehouse which I cannot use nor sell.
I also tried to contact GI for help. They claim they know the problem and will implement a solution in the next big update, but: 1. there were no updates of the AC app for over a year (only some event data are injected into the game on the beginning of the event) and 2. there is no sign of similar problem on this forum, so I don't know if the problem is common or individual.

I will appreciate any hint, but before you reply "free/ add RAM, kill unused app or buy a new device" I'll repeat: this issue seems not to be device-dependent.
Damn…obviously not much I can do but wish you the best of luck mate. Stay positive.

good luck.png

dr_fly

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
cpt bob
Username
dr_fly

I will appreciate any hint, but before you reply "free/ add RAM, kill unused apps or buy a new device" I'll repeat: this issue seems not to be device-dependent.
Hello RobWu,

I have the exact problem myself.
I am unable to take part in the current event as the game hangs for about 5 sec per received item. As you said in your note the time adds up and is there for ruining the battery on my iPad.
I have logged 2 tickets with the helpdesk and you seem to have gotten more information than I did. They had not told me that there was an update on the way.

I have started out of caution to clear out my warehouse. to see if this will help. but the time it takes for the gifts to clear is much the same speed wise.

Hopefully, there will be an update in the near future.

In the meantime just plugging away at the normal flights.

Hi Dr Fly,
what a pity that you have the same problem, although it's good to hear that I'm not alone ;)
In my initial post I haven't mentioned about the power consumption and the game devours the battery exactly the same way as yours. My phone is heating up significantly when I play AC. I also thought about cleaning the warehouse, but it would last forever as I collected thousands of items during ~8 years of playing.
I also currently fly long-haul destinations only as it's too time-consuming to play this event where helicopters need so many operations to keep them airborne. (Did I mention how I hate HELLcopters? ;) )

dr_fly

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
cpt bob
Username
dr_fly
WOW.

In other words... Play and pay for the new event. and we might get back to you when we found a solution to this complicated issue..

In the meantime, they can push more events which, Sadly I can't take part in because of the slowness of the game.

Great

dr_fly

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
cpt bob
Username
dr_fly
One thing I have recently noticed with this game is that it is taking up 9GB of Storage on my IPAD. I logged a new ticket with this GI support. They asked me to remove the game from my iPad and download the latest ver from the app store, which I did. But a day later, I returned to my device's 9GB storage consumption.

I have left this as is because I think it will just break if I tinker with it more.

One thing I have recently noticed with this game is that it is taking up 9GB of Storage on my IPAD. I logged a new ticket with this GI support. They asked me to remove the game from my iPad and download the latest ver from the app store, which I did. But a day later, I returned to my device's 9GB storage consumption.

I have left this as is because I think it will just break if I tinker with it more.
Did you try the 'Restore Game Resources' option under settings? Sometimes it can take a few attempts and recommend NEVER perform during an event if you care about event competition placement.

It's really strange - maybe now I'm comparing apples with oranges, but on my iPhone the game takes only 820 MB of storage.

dr_fly

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
cpt bob
Username
dr_fly
Surprising alight.

So this is what I have for my game. Missed the window last week between events to remove the game and re-download a fresh ver.

1679833124111.png

Still no change in the game in terms of speed, still really clunky to play

dr_fly

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
cpt bob
Username
dr_fly
@RobWu and others, has anything improved with your gaming experience since this chat started in March? I only ask as mine is still bad to the extent I have not taken part in this current event.

I have started to clear out collected items by using them to get rid of them, but this has not made much of a difference.

I logged a ticket again last week but got a response saying this is a complex issue, but we are working on it..

No mention of a new patch release to me, at least.

@dr_fly nothing has changed significantly since my initial post – I've just got used to this situation. The game still freezes for a few seconds when I get any drop (from a building or a plane). It still crashes when I collect too much at a time, although with the latest event (Age of Ash) I have an impression that the game became a little bit more stable. Or maybe it's just an illusion.

Hyperion1722

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722
@dr_fly nothing has changed significantly since my initial post – I've just got used to this situation. The game still freezes for a few seconds when I get any drop (from a building or a plane). It still crashes when I collect too much at a time, although with the latest event (Age of Ash) I have an impression that the game became a little bit more stable. Or maybe it's just an illusion.
Have you sorted out the issue? The game used almost 9gb of storage. I did restoring resources option under settings and it is now only 800mb.

Top Bottom