Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The Daily Traders gifting unicode - gifters please read!

Dee

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04a6xuqcl
Username
Dee
Hi fellow traders!

With more and more items being added to the game, people are getting more creative with making up abbreviations in their usernames for the items they need. Some are pretty much obvious, but others are mind boggling and leave you clueless as to what they need.

As a solution to this problem, I thought of introducing a unicode for all giftable items. You can include the unicode in your username, and your fellow traders will be able to send you what you need without having to decipher an odd abbreviation.

So how does that work?
The concept is very easy. The code consists of one letter and one number. For example, the code for fuel is a1. The code for passengers is a2. You can link codes together, if you need fuel and passengers, simply put a12. This way you can actually list FIVE to NINE items you need into only 10 characters! (And still have 6 characters left for your username!).

Okay, but you don't think that I'm going to decipher every code on my neighbour list do you?
Nope, of course not. Actually, the best way to use the unicode is to keep a quicklist of the items which YOU have on your giftlist. Compare the code to YOUR list, if the item is on there, you can send it. If the item code is not on your list, you can't send it, so it's pretty pointless to look up the code for that one. For example, if you see s4 in a code, and you know you have s6 and s8, you don't need to look up what item s4 means, since you can't send it anyway.

Isn't this a huge hassle?
Not really. The frequently used items are listed in the categories a, b and c. You don't even have to remember them, because they are listed like they appear on your gift list. All you have to remember is, that b and c are flight items. So when someone lists b4, go to your gift list, start at the powerful radio, and count till the 4th flight item - the fuel additives.
The build items do take a little bit more effort to list. But keep in mind, you don't need these all the time.

Alright, any more tips to make this easier?
  1. As mentioned above, keep a quicklist of the items YOU have on your giftlist, and compare your list to the codes your neighbours listed.
  2. The items are grouped in a logical order. The a, b and c items are frequently used items. The a items are basics: fuel, passengers and meals. The b and c items are flight items, which everyone has on their gift list. These items are numbered as they appear on your gift list, so they are really easy to identify and remember.
  3. The z items are mission items, and these are only active during the time of a mission. That way, everyone can easily identify the mission items. After the mission is over, the items will be added to the regular list.
  4. The y items are Duty Free gift items.
The daily traders unicode list:

a items - the basics
a1 - fuel
a2 - passengers
a3 - meals

b and c items - flight items
b1 - landing lamp
b2 - powerful radio transmitter
b3 - fuel supply
b4 - fuel additives
b5 - additional radar
b6 - spare wire
b7 - oscillating beacon
b8 - navigation module
b9 - fuel hose
c1 - spare propeller
c2 - deicer

f and g items - repair items
f1 - empennage
f2 - light engine
f3 - cockpit glass
f4 - paint
f5 - aircraft tire
f6 - jet engine
f7 - altimeter
f8 - gyroscope
f9 - passenger seat
g1 - landing gear

j, k, l, m, n items - basic build items
j1 - guestbook (terminal lvl 3)
j2 - copy machine (terminal lvl 3, control tower lvl 2, town hall lvl 5)
j3 - projector (terminal lvl 3, control tower lvl 2/5, town hall lvl 3)
j4 - computer (terminal lvl 3, town hall lvl 6, duty free shop lvl 1)
j5 - shredder (terminal lvl 4, control tower lvl 4, town hall lvl 4)
j6 - stamp (terminal lvl 4, town hall lvl 4)
j7 - cash counter (terminal lvl 4)
j8 - server rack (terminal lvl 4, control tower lvl 5, town hall lvl 5)
j9 - archive box (terminal lvl 5)

k1 - whiteboard (terminal lvl 5, control tower lvl 3, town hall lvl 3)
k2 - ergonomic chair (terminal lvl 5, control tower lvl 4)
k3 - smoke detector (terminal lvl 5, control tower lvl 4, duty free shop lvl 3)
k4 - textbook (terminal lvl 6, control tower lvl 3)
k5 - master plan (terminal lvl 6, town hall lvl 4)
k6 - city model (terminal lvl 6, town hall lvl 4)
k7 - air conditioner (terminal lvl 6, flight catering, duty free shop lvl 1)
k8 - dispatcher console (control tower lvl 2/6)
k9 - radar (control tower lvl 2/6)

l1 - wide angle binoculars (control tower lvl 3)
l2 - weather display (control tower lvl 3)
l3 - amperemeter (control tower lvl 4, repair base lvl 4)
l4 - insulation (control tower lvl 5, repair base lvl 3)
l5 - transmitter (control tower lvl 5)
l6 - flight helmet (control tower lvl 6, flight school)
l7 - flight goggles (control tower lvl 6, flight school)
l8 - power source (repair base lvl 3)
l9 - drill machine (repair base lvl 3)

m1 - lining plate (repair base lvl 4)
m2 - hull parts (repair base lvl 4)
m3 - laser cutter (repair base lvl 4)
m4 - tv panels (repair base lvl 5)
m5 - grinding machine (repair base lvl 5)
m6 - air vent filter (repair base lvl 5)
m7 - controller (repair base lvl 5)
m8 - stapler (town hall lvl 3/6)
m9 - calculator (town hall lvl 3/6)

n1 - book with suggestions (town hall lvl 5)
n2 - archive box (town hall lvl 5)
n3 - cash counter (town hall lvl 6, duty free shop lvl 3)
n4 - textbook (flight school)
n5 - slide rule (flight school)
n6 - packaging machine (flight catering)
n7 - cooling chamber (flight catering)
n8 - defroster (flight catering)
n9 - welder

s, t items - special and additional buildings
s1 - bath towels (hotel)
s2 - disposable shampoo (hotel)
s3 - do not disturb sign (hotel)
s4 - all-inclusive bracelet (hotel)
s5 - atm (duty free shop lvl 1)
s6 - imprinter (duty free shop lvl 1)
s7 - anti-theft gate (duty free shop lvl 2)
s8 - glass display (duty free shop lvl 2/3)
s9 - POS terminal (duty free shop lvl 2/3)

t1 - security camera (duty free shop lvl 2)
t2 - goal posts (stadium)
t3 - video board (stadium)
t4 - bench (stadium)
t5 - robotic lawnmower (stadium)
t6 - channel bars (airship dock)
t7 - handling lines (airship dock)
t8 - rope block (airship dock)
t9 - sandbags (airship dock)

u1 - tour review (travel agency)

y items - duty free shop gifts
y1 - single malt whiskey
y2 - chocolate candies
y3 - pearl earrings
y4 - skin care products
y5 - eau de toilette
y6 - cognac
y7 - filled candies
y8 - make-up
y9 - white gold bracelet
y0 - perfume

z items - mission items USE DURING MISSION ONLY
z1 - video wall
z2 - laser level
z3 - assembly robot
z4 - spaceship engine

If you see items on the list which are not giftable, please let me know. If you notice items are missing, please let me know. I really hope people are willing to give this a try :)

Dee

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04a6xuqcl
Username
Dee
Here's a tip for creating your quick list: first I looked up my items, which took about 5 minutes. Then I listed them like this:

f368 cockpit, jet en, gyro
j17 guestbook, cash count
k6 city model
l1,9 binocs, drill
m15 lining, grinder
n79 cooling, welder
s53 dnd-sign, atm
t27 goal, handling
u1 tour rev
y158 whiskey, eaudetoi, makeup
z13 video, robot

I just wanted to show you that this quick list lists ALL my items, and as you can see it doesn't take up much more than a glance to compare it to the your neighbours code.

Dee

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04a6xuqcl
Username
Dee
PS: I understand that this looks like a massive list and that it is discouraging to try it. Honestly, it took me 5 minutes look up my items and create my own quick list, and it only takes a moment to create the code in your username. It would be cool if at least a bunch of people would be willing to join in and give this a try for a week or two, and come back to this thread with feedback. If it proves to be totally impractical and sucks bigtime, I'll delete the list. The point is to make trading easier, not harder ;-) Who's willing to give it a go?

s8s

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
lw5cct
Username
s8s
Dee

Wow, it has to be a hell of a job to make the full list!

I think it can be usefull for the 'very often online' users, but it takes more time to send your gifts.

Anyway, great idea!

Dee

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04a6xuqcl
Username
Dee
s8s yeah it was, but that's okay ;)

Considering the overwhelming response, I'm guessing this idea is not going to take off :( I probably should've tried a different approach, by just introducing the code for the basics and the flight items. These are the most frequently requested items, and you don't even have to remember the code for them, since you can simply count them.

Either way, I was hoping to gather at least a bunch of people to try it, so we could actually test it and report back if this is a helpful system yes or no. As they say, you'll never know unless you try it..

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
Hi Dee,
I may be willing to try it but right now a little too busy.
Like you suggest may be after this Space Race Quest we should get a small group and pilot it.

Dee

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04a6xuqcl
Username
Dee
Hi Dee,
I may be willing to try it but right now a little too busy.
Like you suggest may be after this Space Race Quest we should get a small group and pilot it.

That would be cool, indeed we could give it a test run after the space mission has ended. Anyone else willing to sign up for the test run?

retkot

Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04PODHGiT & 044RHPSWU & 20J9ICR4W & 04RVRABFC
Username
Retren3, Retren4, Retren2, Retren
Dee
Willing to give it a bash on my 4 devices (kids playing along on two of them). I have however noted that my username doesn't always update quickly across the accounts, eg. On 'retren' I previously (8 days ago) had 'retren.AllInBra' for the obvious reason. On the 'lanzerac' it still shows as that, even though i have changed it to 'retren', then 'retren.DispCons' for space-mission, and now back to 'retren' as I have all items. I still get DispatcherConsoles from players (non-forum), which means my username still displays an old value for them.
After all this rambling, your code makes sense in that my signature can stay the same for longer as I can list more items, and therefore don't need to change after every item.
Can you add my 4 devices, and I'll accept later tonight when I get home and have time after bedtime stories with kids?

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
rnoej1
Username
gcjr
Nice idea,worth a try!

It would make life easier to see what people want on their in game name,rather than coming on here.

The only downside is that my non airportcitygame.com friends wouldn't have a clue whats going on!

Dee

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04a6xuqcl
Username
Dee
retkot I just added you on the first three devices, the one for New York didn't work though (I might have maxed out my codes for today).

You are right that the username updating can be an issue sometimes. But as you mentioned, since you can list several items at once, you are more likely to get a variety of (useful) items, instead of 10x the same item you don't need anymore.

gcjr Yeah non-forummers would be pretty much clueless.. I personally found though, that the people I've added through the forums are the ones that stick with the game and are the ones I frequently trade with. Plus, there are people on my list who don't list any items in their usernames. In that case, I sent them a flight item, imo, always useful :) Hopefully those who can't decipher the code will do the same ;)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a1kcuxd
Username
Friso
Great work Dee! I will surely test this system after this mission, don't want to miss out on some gifts I really need to complete this in time! :)

retkot

Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04PODHGiT & 044RHPSWU & 20J9ICR4W & 04RVRABFC
Username
Retren3, Retren4, Retren2, Retren
retkot I just added you on the first three devices, the one for New York didn't work though (I might have maxed out my codes for today).
Dee Accepted invite on three devices and added you on fourth - pls see if you recceived from 'New York'

Compiled my first list - took a bit more than 5mins to compile my own list. Need to find easier method to crossreference and then mark and sort items.
I also picked up one item not on your list: album (I assume from my limited time in this forum that 'a3:meals = flight catering?)

Dee

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04a6xuqcl
Username
Dee
Maybe it was easier for me to compile my quicklist since I was working with it for a while, and it was easier to find the items ;)

Either way, you only need to compile your quicklist once, so that shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

I wish I could start organizing the test run, but due to health issues I am not online often. :( If someone wants to take over in organizing the test run, I'm totally fine with that.

Andrew-YYZ

Guide Writer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ahg5tf6
Username
AK-item
Maybe it was easier for me to compile my quicklist since I was working with it for a while, and it was easier to find the items ;)
Either way, you only need to compile your quicklist once, so that shouldn't be too much of a hassle.
I wish I could start organizing the test run, but due to health issues I am not online often. :( If someone wants to take over in organizing the test run, I'm totally fine with that.

Hello Dee. I really like your idea and would like to be one of your guinea pigs :eek: so I've added you to my neighbors. Will also add others when ready for the test run.
I have a quicklist of sorts, but yours makes much more sense and is definitely more economical with space we have to use.
In terms of "off forum" neighbors, I have a few who are loyal and will see if I can get them to join this forum. The others I will probably end up deleting anyway as my list of "on forum" neighbors grows.
Andrew
P.S. Hope you're feeling better soon :)

Top Bottom