Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The Case of The Disappearing Apps written by KB Smith Illustrated by KB2

D

Deleted member 5399

The Case of The Disappearing Apps

CHAPTER 1
This is the story of several computer companies and software developers, never once on the same level of development.
A few days ago I went to open Airport city on my tablet only to either find the app won't open, goes to a white screen and crashes, or the dreaded start over issue.
Today I go to different user accounts on my laptop, finding that only my main account seems to be working okay, but alas !KB2 is no where to be found.
Does this mean GI is pulling the game from Windows store, I asked myself?
So I visit the store, find Airport City and attempt to download again. Seemed okay downloading and installing; but won't open.
As I had to drastically do a complete refresh/reset on my tablet, Will I face that dreaded 2 hour wait to do the same on my laptop?
I fear the worse is still to come with both Microsoft and Windows 10; and with GI's crazy attempt to cross platforms.

Tune in tomorrow same time for The Case of The Disappearing Apps- Chapter 2

m-bari

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wl4go6d
Username
Mike O
The Case of The Disappearing Apps

CHAPTER 1
This is the story of several computer companies and software developers, never once on the same level of development.
A few days ago I went to open Airport city on my tablet only to either find the app won't open, goes to a white screen and crashes, or the dreaded start over issue.
Today I go to different user accounts on my laptop, finding that only my main account seems to be working okay, but alas !KB2 is no where to be found.
Does this mean GI is pulling the game from Windows store, I asked myself?
So I visit the store, find Airport City and attempt to download again. Seemed okay downloading and installing; but won't open.
As I had to drastically do a complete refresh/reset on my tablet, Will I face that dreaded 2 hour wait to do the same on my laptop?
I fear the worse is still to come with both Microsoft and Windows 10; and with GI's crazy attempt to cross platforms.

Tune in tomorrow same time for The Case of The Disappearing Apps- Chapter 2
Hi Ken!
Today try to open MikeO3 and O4 - couldn't open.
Also show that games do not download. The same situation!
Try to download but won't open
And main Game works well

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
If you recently upgraded windows 10 to the next version.

Multiple versions of Airport City will only work if the game identifies several different users.

I suggest you may have to delete and reestablish the different user accounts because their maybe broken links and the OS only recognizes the main user account.

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
@m-bari

As I said earlier, it looks like their is an issue with the windows 10 download. It causes a problem with links to certain programs/drivers it does not recognize in other accounts other then the primary.

It is a recognized issue with my Ethernet driver, every time I do a OS upgrade since I started using windows 10, it breaks the driver to my Ethernet, I need to do a complete removal and reinstall the driver from a protected source as the driver windows 10 uses is not recognized properly.

The best thing you can due is back up the AC files on a usb or other external media and then completely delete the other user account and reestablish them again, download AC to establish the new links to the account and then reinstall the back up.

@m-bari

As I said earlier, it looks like their is an issue with the windows 10 download. It causes a problem with links to certain programs/drivers it does not recognize in other accounts other then the primary.

It is a recognized issue with my Ethernet driver, every time I do a OS upgrade since I started using windows 10, it breaks the driver to my Ethernet, I need to do a complete removal and reinstall the driver from a protected source as the driver windows 10 uses is not recognized properly.

The best thing you can due is back up the AC files on a usb or other external media and then completely delete the other user account and reestablish them again, download AC to establish the new links to the account and then reinstall the back up.
i'm using windows 10 ver 1511, the only problem is with my display driver witch i rolled back.

m-bari

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wl4go6d
Username
Mike O
@m-bari

Will wait for G! answer what they say. Then try what you said. I have back up files of AC.
Thanks!

Top Bottom