Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Spy Glass vs. Dice vs. Golden Dice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been asked many times which bonus to use to improve the chances of a drop. Here's my opinion on the matter:
Spy Glass
"This bonus increases the chance of quest item drop (both common and collectible) by 150% for 6 hours."
Quests are the icons that occasionally appear on the left side of the screen. Sometimes they are main quests, like the recent "The Great Game" and "Santa's Bad Day" quests. At times, there are subquests that appear that walk you step by step through the main quest. Using a Spy Glass bonus increases the chance of drops from flights that are part of these quests.​
Dice
"This bonus doubles the chance of item drop from a flight (excluding quest and collectible items) for 6 hours."
If you fly to an Excavations destination trying to get a Map Chest drop, a Dice bonus will help. Or, if you fly to Iceland trying to get a Deicer drop, a Dice bonus will help.​
Golden Dice
"Increases the chance of a collectible item drop from a flight (excluding quest items) by 150% for 6 hours."
Collectibles are items that appear in the Collections tab. I recently flew Giants to the five Tale of Bygone Years destinations -- Kyiv, Novgorod, Murom, Smolensk and Chernihiv -- to earn a Winter Palace. I used Golden Dice to increase my chances of drops of the items necessary to complete that collection. The bottom line was that when I used Golden Dice, I got an average of twice the drops that I got when I did not use Golden Dice.​
If you have the patience and the time, you will get the drops eventually. Yes, it is totally random. Or you can spend a few greenies and get them sooner.
If anyone has any alternate theories/experiences, please post them!
Cheers,
Tom

Jay J

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Pls see signature
Username
jj- / minime-
Golden dice are great when visiting neighbors. You can visit yr neighbors twice with one golden dice session, if you time it right. Indeed double the normal droprate.
What a great idea! If I wait toward the end of the reset cycle, I can visit the neighbors twice while Golden Dice is active...(y)(y) Big thanks @eat007 :cool:

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
I've heard that using the Sky Captain bonus also increases the drop rate from neighbor visits. Does it work?
Also, is it better/worse/the same as a Golden Dice?
Opinions, please!
Cheers,
Tom

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Does Sky Captain really improve drop rates in general?
@Tecmage
The description of Sky Captain in the store says "also increases the chance of item drop." I never found that to be true for flights but I did try it out for drops while visiting neighbors and found it to help a little.
Cheers,
Tom

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
What a great idea! If I wait toward the end of the reset cycle, I can visit the neighbors twice while Golden Dice is active...(y)(y) Big thanks @eat007 :cool:
I am doing this, but also including with Sky Captain bonus. It helps a lot. Without any bonus(es), when i am visiting neighbors, it is hard to get 10 different collections (or up to 10), with Sky Captain bonus up to 20. With Golden Dice & Sky Captain bonuses i am geting between 45-70 collections/12 neighbors. If i am doing two visits in 6 hours (12+12), i am getting 90-125 collections. That also means up to 125 new boxes with (Launch) Fuel on every second day. Not bad!

Last edited:
Not a completely scientific experiment, nor anywhere near enough flights to make a real conclusion ... but since the last quest finished I have been flying to the excavations destinations such as Mesoamerica, Ancient Rome, Stonehenge, Ancient World etc.....

From 64 flights without a Dice - 9 chests dropped (14%)
From 25 flights with a Dice - 6 chests dropped (24%)

So not quite double the rate, but not far out.

SFOPhD

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
SFOPhD
OK, I'm having trouble figuring out which bonus to use for the first Aztec temple collection. I still have the "Aztec Code" quest that says to "Assemble the Aztec Legacy collection by flying to the ancient cities." I once used Spyglass and did not notice a large improvement. Golden Dice, however, seemed to really help. Why is that? I thought the Golden Dice wouldn't work because it explicitly says "excluding quest items."

eat007

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ahkdwlo , 04fsgyc9
Username
erik1itemneeded, erik2itemneeded
OK, I'm having trouble figuring out which bonus to use for the first Aztec temple collection. I still have the "Aztec Code" quest that says to "Assemble the Aztec Legacy collection by flying to the ancient cities." I once used Spyglass and did not notice a large improvement. Golden Dice, however, seemed to really help. Why is that? I thought the Golden Dice wouldn't work because it explicitly says "excluding quest items."
It's a long story, but basically G! gets confused by their own words. Golden dice is indeed the choice for the ancient cities. Spy glass is good for the events that once in a while pop up. Like the football event or the American thing we recently had.

Device
  1. Android
Username
belledohna
It's a long story, but basically G! gets confused by their own words. Golden dice is indeed the choice for the ancient cities. Spy glass is good for the events that once in a while pop up. Like the football event or the American thing we recently had.

And they are incredibly adept at spreading this confusion.
Why have they never thought to add "You can only 'send in return" what is in your inventory" ?

Last edited:
Device
  1. Android
Username
belledohna
Not a completely scientific experiment, nor anywhere near enough flights to make a real conclusion ... but since the last quest finished I have been flying to the excavations destinations such as Mesoamerica, Ancient Rome, Stonehenge, Ancient World etc.....

From 64 flights without a Dice - 9 chests dropped (14%)
From 25 flights with a Dice - 6 chests dropped (24%)

So not quite double the rate, but not far out.

Hi, Mario's Dad!

I've been eyeing these missions for awhile, and I'm curious to hear what you're finding out (esp., golden dice EVERY time? Seems, at this point, not your recommended strategy.)

And thanks @Bali Hi I am glad I have at least one fast hangar for my high-level planes.

Hi, Mario's Dad!

I've been eyeing these missions for awhile, and I'm curious to hear what you're finding out (esp., golden dice EVERY time? Seems, at this point, not your recommended strategy.)

And thanks @Bali Hi I am glad I have at least one fast hangar for my high-level planes.
Hi @belledohna
I have to admit that I am probably not the best person to talk about a strategy; I don't really have much experience of using Dice, Golden Dice etc. apart from this little experiment that I did at the time.

All I can say is that I did carry on for a short while and ended up with the following:

From 110 flights without any kind of dice - 14 drops (~ 13%)
From 96 flights with a dice - 26 drops (~ 27%)

At that point I started flying to other destinations to get some stars. I also ran out of dice.

Hope it helps but I think there are more experienced flyers who have useful information about the different dice.
MD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom