Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Soar or Store?: The Planes of Airport City

Which aircraft in Airport City is your favorite?

• Swift

• Owl

• Hawk

• Raven

• Eagle

• Jumbo

• Giant

• Falcon

• Thunderbird

• Condor

Results are only viewable after voting.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Soar 🛫 or Store 🚫?
Share one aircraft that you want to see soar the skies (your favorite) and one that you want to store in the hangar (your least favorite). Lets see which aircrafts are fan favorites and which ones we want to retire to the graveyard.
Feel free to answer to poll question at the top indicating your favorite.

Last edited:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Soar: Falcons by a longshot. The Concorde is my favorite jet of all time, and I love supersonic flight. Their takeoff is also the most amazing to watch (condors and giants have nice takeoffs too)
Store: Thunderbirds with Jumbos a close second. I dont like Jumbos because they are not self sufficient like the giants and above, but the Thunderbirds take the cake. They do not have a solid niche, and they dont fit in anywhere besides getting the nuclear power plant. They dont carry a lot of pax, yet take 5 hours and cost 40 fuel. They are less efficient ravens.

Last edited:

LuvCatsGames

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03wi7r3ta
Username
Captain LC
Soar: Falcons by a longshot. The Concorde is my favorite jet of all time, and I love supersonic flight
Store: Thunderbirds with Jumbos a close second. I dont like Jumbos because they are not self sufficient like the giants and above, but the Thunderbirds take the cake. They do not have a solid niche, and they dont fit in anywhere besides getting the nuclear power plant. They dont carry a lot of pax, yet take 5 hours and cost 40 fuel. They are less efficient ravens.

Hmm interesting topic! I’m up to Falcons in guest planes. They are quite fancy. For my own planes I’m only up to Raven. Those seem to be nice. So soar the Raven. Maybe store the owl or the swift. Owls are useful at times but their flights are soooo short. I’m using Swift right now to get alliance stars so store Owl. I also hang onto a Swallow (or periodically rebuy it) when I need to speed up with fuel. I just hope with the upcoming v.8 we don’t lose plane slots!

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Soar, falcon. I like the flight time, and the drop rate accross the board doesn't seem too bad.
Store, ravens. Never liked them.
I used to feel that way when they were deltas, but Ive grown to appreciate them a bit more now. They resemble the 727 of old, which I liked as well.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Hmm interesting topic! I’m up to Falcons in guest planes. They are quite fancy. For my own planes I’m only up to Raven. Those seem to be nice. So soar the Raven. Maybe store the owl or the swift. Owls are useful at times but their flights are soooo short. I’m using Swift right now to get alliance stars so store Owl. I also hang onto a Swallow (or periodically rebuy it) when I need to speed up with fuel. I just hope with the upcoming v.8 we don’t lose plane slots!
Im honestly surprised nobody brought it up as a topic to my knowledge. We are all airplane enthusiasts to some degree....we have to have favorites and dislikes

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Im honestly surprised nobody brought it up as a topic to my knowledge. We are all airplane enthusiasts to some degree....we have to have favorites and dislikes
Pre 2015, I'd say I prefer the aesthetics of larger Boeings (747, 767, 777), but smaller Airbus (A320's). I'm a fan of the A350 though, that's probably my top currently. Probably some bias in there...

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Pre 2015, I'd say I prefer the aesthetics of larger Boeings (747, 767, 777), but smaller Airbus (A320's). I'm a fan of the A350 though, that's probably my top currently. Probably some bias in there...
777 is my favorite at the moment, but I love the A380 also. The 350 looks good, but I prefer the 787 of the two. The front landing gear on the a350 is too close to the nose....it just looks off to me. If it was placed farther back like the 757 (love those as well) I would be an even bigger fan of it. The winglets are gorgeous though

LuvCatsGames

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03wi7r3ta
Username
Captain LC

I worked for an airline for 5.5 years back in “another lifetime.” Hadn’t even thought of that. Funny though until COVID hit my husband and I have done way more traveling in the last 5 years than we ever did for (nearly) free way back then. Our only big trip was California to Sydney (first class free). Airline perks used to be good but we were raising our daughters so had no time or money lol.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I worked for an airline for 5.5 years back in “another lifetime.” Hadn’t even thought of that. Funny though until COVID hit my husband and I have done way more traveling in the last 5 years than we ever did for (nearly) free way back then. Our only big trip was California to Sydney (first class free). Airline perks used to be good but we were raising our daughters so had no time or money lol.
First class free? Wow count your blessings!

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
777 is my favorite at the moment, but I love the A380 also. The 350 looks good, but I prefer the 787 of the two. The front landing gear on the a350 is too close to the nose....it just looks off to me. If it was placed farther back like the 757 (love those as well) I would be an even bigger fan of it. The winglets are gorgeous though
Oh those winglets :love: That’s what sways it. The 777 is timeless as far as I’m concerned. Just the epitome of a plane. Never been too keen on the 757. I find the stature wrong, like it sits a bit too high, and too slim. I much prefer its slightly chunky sister, the 767. I like a nice curve.
The A380’s are immense. If you’ve ever seen them parked next to an A320/737, they just look like toys in comparison. A380’s are so nice to fly on. 787 never did much for me. Lovely and quiet to be on, but I know both engine options are a bit... crap, which puts me off.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Oh those winglets :love: That’s what sways it. The 777 is timeless as far as I’m concerned. Just the epitome of a plane. Never been too keen on the 757. I find the stature wrong, like it sits a bit too high, and too slim. I much prefer its slightly chunky sister, the 767. I like a nice curve.
The A380’s are immense. If you’ve ever seen them parked next to an A320/737, they just look like toys in comparison. A380’s are so nice to fly on. 787 never did much for me. Lovely and quiet to be on, but I know both engine options are a bit... crap, which puts me off.
Funny enough, it's the high and slim stature that I love about the 757. It has the presence of a heavy, but it's a mid-range. It always makes a statement when you see it. I only liked the 767 because the A300 wasnt flying as much anymore (the proportion was great on the 300)...as soon as the 777 came along, the 767 got tossed oneside. I think the 777 got the proportions perfect in every aspect (both the 772 and the 773). The A330 would have also been a favorite, but I cant stand its tiny engines. It completely throws the beauty of the plane off. Im only speaking aesthetics at this point....engines are a whole different ballgame. When it comes to engine sounds, the A380 is my #1, with the A350 coming right behind it in terms of newer aircraft. The 757 is also a classic with those rolls royces. Bottom line, give me the buzzsaw of the rolls royce.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03cds96a
Username
Stevo
I love my 2 Jumbo Rangers.The Raven is my least favourite,it looks like an upgraded B727.
Very old school ,although I have flown on them.
Back in the mid 90s I toured the US on Northwest Airlines (now part of Delta Airlines).The DC9s were my favourite planes on that trip.Proper pocket rockets.Also flew on B757 and DC10.
I work at Birmingham Airport in the UK,and prior to lockdown we saw 2 Emirates A380s every day,plus B787s and a small number of B777s during the week.The 380 is an awesome aircraft,but you cannot beat the Queen of the skies,the 747.
I am going to miss seeing the lazy climb and right hand turn of a US bound BA 747-400 off Heathrows runway.Such a graceful sight,only beaten by Concorde in terms of grace and sheer power.

PeterTaylor

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
034lvh9w6
Username
Pete1 | Pete2 | Pete3
I will not compare to "real" planes because I do not have the knowledge of current and past aircrafts. In the game the hawk is my favorite. A nice versatile plane that delivers good drops from North Observatory and looks well designed. I don't like Eagles. Love the animals but not the plane. Its tail unit is so damn ugly.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03cds96a
Username
Stevo
Looking at the games planes,the closest comparisons to real aircraft I can come to is as follows.

Swift=Cross between a BAe Jetstream 31 and a Beech King Air.
Owl=Cross between an ATR42 and DHC8Q-400.
Hawk=Cross between an A320/1 and B737-900
Raven=An upgraded B727.
Eagle=Resembles an Antonov 124.(with an upgraded tail)
Jumbo.=B747 and A380 cross.
Giant=A340 and A380 cross.
Falcon=Concorde
Thunderbird=Bombardier/Canadair CRJ family.
Condor=Passenger version of the SR 71 Blackbird.(would love to see this if it were ever to be built).

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I will not compare to "real" planes because I do not have the knowledge of current and past aircrafts. In the game the hawk is my favorite. A nice versatile plane that delivers good drops from North Observatory and looks well designed. I don't like Eagles. Love the animals but not the plane. Its tail unit is so damn ugly.
Theyre similar to the Antonov planes. A bit different than our conventional aircraft like the hawk

I love my 2 Jumbo Rangers.The Raven is my least favourite,it looks like an upgraded B727.
Very old school ,although I have flown on them.
Back in the mid 90s I toured the US on Northwest Airlines (now part of Delta Airlines).The DC9s were my favourite planes on that trip.Proper pocket rockets.Also flew on B757 and DC10.
I work at Birmingham Airport in the UK,and prior to lockdown we saw 2 Emirates A380s every day,plus B787s and a small number of B777s during the week.The 380 is an awesome aircraft,but you cannot beat the Queen of the skies,the 747.
I am going to miss seeing the lazy climb and right hand turn of a US bound BA 747-400 off Heathrows runway.Such a graceful sight,only beaten by Concorde in terms of grace and sheer power.

It is a pity that the B747 and A380 have mostly reached of their production cycle but I'm not surprised because very few people would want Quad-Engine airplanes. The 747 program was on life-support by orders from Freighter Companies and the new Air Force Ones will be retrofitted, modified 747-8's (contrary to perception, Trump will probably NOT be riding them). The 747 had a nice history spanning over 50 years.

Top Bottom