Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Plane spotting

that looks like so much fun was it scary or just fun amazing the only thing I've done is Parasailing

Looks like you going some speeding on the part running close to the waters edge........wow
Funnily enough, I have a significant fear of heights. However, I can assure you that it’s an absolute hoot to fly. The vast majority of the time, you’re flying between 500 and 1500 ft AGL. Apart from O₂ issues, height limitations aren’t an issue as long as you remain outside CTA (flying below 500ft requires a low level endorsement and you must have permission of the land owner). You can see how open the whole thing is where you are essentially sitting on a small bench seat with only the framework around you. There are 2x 4 point harnesses holding you in nice and snug so you never feel like there’s any chance of falling out. The only time that I’ve ever had that “micro-second moment” where I’ve questioned my sanity, is when I climbed up to around 4000 feet, looked over the edge and thought, “holy crap, there is virtually nothing between me and the the ground, way down below😳”. Although completely safe, I wasn’t game to try steep turns up there as the vehicle itself swings out like a pendulum. Cruising along with gravity acting in a ꜜ direction is fine, but yanking it into a turn and pulling Gs in a ➘ direction (along with the change in seating angle) wasn‘t really doing it for me 😬🤪.

The greatest fun, by far, is actually getting down really low and throwing it around - those angles are a lot more fun down low. The beach area in the video was a fair distance from most civilisation and there‘s only a few odd die-hard fisherman that have gone to great lengths to get out there. I do the right thing and give them a wide berth and a friendly wave as I go past and usually get a smile and a wave in return. You can see the “WTF?” expression on many of the faces, which is more than enough satisfaction for me to not want to scare the crap out of them by getting too close 😄. If there’s nobody ahead of me, I’m zipping along at around 45kts (~90km/h or 50mph) which is a really sedate speed above a few hundred feet, but a real buzz when only at 2 to 3 ft and the waves are breaking just underneath you. The speed would be reasonable in a land vehicle but feels even faster when you’re constantly fine tuning control of the third dimension, height. With just a (normally insignificant) slight breeze of around 5kts, I was surprised by the amped up rush on the return leg. It made sense when I crunched the numbers. The first run along the beach was into the wind, so ground speed would have been around 40kts and it wasn’t until I swung it around and came back the other way (now 50kts over the ground) that I appreciated I had just given myself a 20% boost 😆.

Dizzy

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20S7T4G4W
Username
COSMIC WINGS
Funnily enough, I have a significant fear of heights. However, I can assure you that it’s an absolute hoot to fly. The vast majority of the time, you’re flying between 500 and 1500 ft AGL. Apart from O₂ issues, height limitations aren’t an issue as long as you remain outside CTA (flying below 500ft requires a low level endorsement and you must have permission of the land owner). You can see how open the whole thing is where you are essentially sitting on a small bench seat with only the framework around you. There are 2x 4 point harnesses holding you in nice and snug so you never feel like there’s any chance of falling out. The only time that I’ve ever had that “micro-second moment” where I’ve questioned my sanity, is when I climbed up to around 4000 feet, looked over the edge and thought, “holy crap, there is virtually nothing between me and the the ground, way down below😳”. Although completely safe, I wasn’t game to try steep turns up there as the vehicle itself swings out like a pendulum. Cruising along with gravity acting in a ꜜ direction is fine, but yanking it into a turn and pulling Gs in a ➘ direction (along with the change in seating angle) wasn‘t really doing it for me 😬🤪.

The greatest fun, by far, is actually getting down really low and throwing it around - those angles are a lot more fun down low. The beach area in the video was a fair distance from most civilisation and there‘s only a few odd die-hard fisherman that have gone to great lengths to get out there. I do the right thing and give them a wide berth and a friendly wave as I go past and usually get a smile and a wave in return. You can see the “WTF?” expression on many of the faces, which is more than enough satisfaction for me to not want to scare the crap out of them by getting too close 😄. If there’s nobody ahead of me, I’m zipping along at around 45kts (~90km/h or 50mph) which is a really sedate speed above a few hundred feet, but a real buzz when only at 2 to 3 ft and the waves are breaking just underneath you. The speed would be reasonable in a land vehicle but feels even faster when you’re constantly fine tuning control of the third dimension, height. With just a (normally insignificant) slight breeze of around 5kts, I was surprised by the amped up rush on the return leg. It made sense when I crunched the numbers. The first run along the beach was into the wind, so ground speed would have been around 40kts and it wasn’t until I swung it around and came back the other way (now 50kts over the ground) that I appreciated I had just given myself a 20% boost 😆.
Amazing mate

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
Those are some great photos. I had not thought of going the ultralight route, but it sure does seem fun. I'm quite impressed that you can fly those other aircraft and that you are instilling the love of flying to your daughters.

Back to spotting, took this the other day. Most airplane liveries are very boring and aren't worth sharing in my opinion, but this one stands out. Well done Malaysia!

1688767835455.png

How about these taken from my back garden
Despite how hard I’ve tried to find this switch, I’m yet to find it 🤔🤫🙄…
IMG_2118.jpeg

Those are some great photos. I had not thought of going the ultralight route, but it sure does seem fun. I'm quite impressed that you can fly those other aircraft and that you are instilling the love of flying to your daughters.

I chose to take some liberty in your previous wording and although I was in the front seat, I wasn’t necessarily always flying 😉 (I did manage a short stint with “hands-on“ in these except for the caravan and the eurocopter). A couple of those are also (mainly) flown from the back seat, 🤫🤪. I’ve been lucky to get some hands-on in other types, including a lesson in an R44 helo, but no pics 😔. Even luckier, prior to 9/11, I managed jump seat rides in a DC3, a320s, 717s, 73s, 76s and 747s - all a thing of history nowadays.

I always figured my kids enjoyed my enthusIan’s, but never thought it would amount to much. Then, quite out of the blue, my oldest applied for military ATC. She did very well on the testing and was asked about flying. She’s almost done some initial ground officer training and is scheduled to start flying training in the next few months. All things going to plan, she’ll be on the F18 or F35 very soon! 😳😊
Back to spotting, took this the other day. Most airplane liveries are very boring and aren't worth sharing in my opinion, but this one stands out. Well done Malaysia!
I’m a big fan of Malaysian, both as a passenger and an ATC. They’re up there with the best. I was involved as an ATC with the search of the west coast of Perth that went on for months, a few years back. I honestly believe they’ve been dealt a devastatingly, horrible hand with that and the shooting down over Ukraine. I can’t help but think that there’s so much more to what happened there than we’ve been told about (and wouldn’t be surprised to find out that there are links, somehow).

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
@Bob69bob - you did just fine. I was just teasing the other poster that sitting in the back of an airplane isn't plane spotting. Sitting in the front seat isn't either but the views are always and there is usually an interesting story involved.

Congrats on your daughter's commission and appointments! 🥳 That is a very selective field and getting jets, especially fighters even more so. My lack of perfect eyesight prevented that route for me so I'll have to content myself with cheering for her from the sidelines. 👧📣

I've never flown Malaysia but hope to some day when I have the money to make a trip that way. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on those incidents. Do you ever go to airliners.net? There was a lot of thoughts and comments expressed about each there, and I am a big time lurker there.

Top Bottom