Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Pawn shops - how do these actually work......?

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
Hi there
I just bought two pawn shops and placed them beside a Colosseum. I seem to have activated an Express Contract. The dialogue box states its active for 1 day and 5 hours. Anyone can advise me how to use the pawn shops - I can't see how to derive benefit from them.

Many thanks.
P

Hi there
I just bought two pawn shops and placed them beside a Colosseum. I seem to have activated an Express Contract. The dialogue box states its active for 1 day and 5 hours. Anyone can advise me how to use the pawn shops - I can't see how to derive benefit from them.

Many thanks.
P
They collect from buildings they are next too. Just stick them next to your most frequent collectibles and they’ll collect automatically. Don’t put them next to each other, you need a roadnext to it then get as many buildings as you canto touch a 1 radius.

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
Thank you. But "collect automatically" - does that just mean that they will collect as normal, once every 24 hours, but the difference is that I don't actually have to do the click to collect? Doesn't strike me as such a big deal...… am I missing something?

P

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Thank you. But "collect automatically" - does that just mean that they will collect as normal, once every 24 hours, but the difference is that I don't actually have to do the click to collect? Doesn't strike me as such a big deal...… am I missing something?

P
It will collect it and keep it in the pawn shop for you to collect at a later date.
Not a massive deal, it means you won’t miss a collection if you know you won’t be on the game the next day.....

Visa Centers on the other hand, which do the same thing for passengers are extremely useful.

P
It will only auto-collect whilst you are running a contract and for the duration of that contract.

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
Visa Centers on the other hand, which do the same thing for passengers are extremely useful.
[/QUOTE

I got a Visa Centre and yes, that looks to be a much more useful tool. I quickly was able to load a few thousand pax into it. Presumably they just sit there now until I want to use them? And it looks like I can't start another contract until after I have withdrawn the pax? Are my assumptions correct?

P

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Correct. You can move them to your terminal as long as it isn’t full. You could then run another, but again you couldn’t move these to your terminal until it dropped below the maximum.
Once you learn a few tricks, a few thousand can turn into a few hundred thousand with the help of some bonuses.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
'tricks' sounds like something that could be very useful if described in detail :)
A good starting point :
https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/strategy-for-visa-centers.25700/

It might not mean much to you now, but when you need more passengers than you can produce, have a read of that. A few good photos there too.
Building a good bonus square is pretty key. As an example the most recent Visa contract I ran was over 9hours and produced 160,000 plus passengers using 1 family ticket.

Last edited:
Correct. You can move them to your terminal as long as it isn’t full. You could then run another, but again you couldn’t move these to your terminal until it dropped below the maximum.
Once you learn a few tricks, a few thousand can turn into a few hundred thousand with the help of some bonuses.
Im guessing you didn’t move much through the square? I did a 1 hour contract which is a lot cheaper, 2 alarm clocks. Put big buildings thro square and got 130 K. Did you run family ticket too?

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Im guessing you didn’t move much through the square? I did a 1 hour contract which is a lot cheaper, 2 alarm clocks. Put big buildings thro square and got 130 K. Did you run family ticket too?
Everything 1H plus at the start, and as and when I remembered to. Family ticket at the start.
I suspect my bonus is a lot less than yours? Mine is mostly free at 170%.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
205% not much more, but 1 hr is hard work!
Agreed! My current situation lends me to spend a little more with tokens, and use less bonuses. Family tickets and alarm clocks are harder to come by (without spending real cash) - I probably average 1 per month. On the flip side, I probably average 25 silver tokens a day, and run 1 long (9 or 16h) contract a week, and 1 shorter (1 or 3h) contract a week.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
@Barkmi4 (Mike) @Madge59230
What buildings do you use to get those percentage? I am looking at setting it up with 1 Visa Center. Bonus square will be only 65%. That includes the use of 2 Cloud Castles.
Guess there are some buildings I do not know about that raises these numbers.
Have a look at my game, bottom left corner of the city - too many to name them all.
There are a number of 5% 1x1 boosters bought for coins in the shop.
Metro stations are one of the best, 10% with 2x2 radius. These can only be acquired via purchases with the offer on.
There are a few good buildings available from heli flights, particularly goldfinch. Otherwise, most are event rewards.

Top Bottom