Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

New Users Guide for Gifting

It would be useful if new users got some guidance on gifting. Just something I wish I would have known when I was at lower levels.

Now that I'm at a higher level, I feel bad about not returning all the landing lamps, radio transmitters (I have 177), fuel supplies and air conditioners (73) that I get but I'm beyond the need for those things and have too many already. I don't want to return them and encourage people to continue sending them.

So, here it is.

We're all limited to sending only 20 gifts per day but many of us have well over a 100 friends. So you need to be clever when it comes to sending gifts otherwise you'll be sending more than you get back.

When gifting items for flights, look for people who are at a similar level and are probably looking to receive the same things.
  • If, for example, you want items to complete level 5 flights, it's probably best not to send these items to people who don't have a level 5 runway yet.
  • If you want items to complete level 2 flights, don't send them to users who are at level 30+ because they likely have 100s and are looking for items for level 5 flights. If these people get more than 20 gifts a day, they are less likely to return yours.
When gifting items to complete buildings
  • don't send to people who haven't attained a high enough level to construct or upgrade the building - more than likely, they won't be able to gift it back to you. You can find out what level a building need when you view the item in the store.
When it comes to items for major quests
  • Send items to friends who are in the highest levels. They are more likely to be working diligently to achieve the tasks for the quests and will return these items more readily than those people that aren't completing the tasks.

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero

Excellent. It would be a boring world if we agreed on everything.

I think my philosophy has come from 6 months of buggy software that doesn't allow me to see most user names - making it difficult/impossible for me to "purposely" send gifts to anybody consistently because all I see MOST of the time is "username" and a game level that may or may not be correct.

Yesterday morning, I saw everyone's user names. Today, as I go through my "gifting" regime, I check the forum and see what people need, then go look for all the names in my friend list and all I see is username, username, username, Aero Osc beacon, username, username, username. Maybe a few others. Of 170ish friends, I see 10 actual names.

Aero, how much did you pay GI to always ensure your name showed up ;)

Serious? Im one of the few you see the name from? Thats good to hear (y) :)
Im not paying GI a cent... Maybe if they start listening or give reply to all request i made in the last year!
They did listen to give a extra code and extend the valentine mission, so maybe there is hope!

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
pwcmvj
Username
pwcmvj
@Chloe11111 - Sad to say I don't complete agree with some of your statements.... and the way the game is played it is not so straight forward at all...

Only things that can be said for sure is: (and stated by others already here)

• Do not send a gift to a neighbour if they have not asked for it - it is just a waste of a gift and they may not send it back to you (if they do it might be something useless to you as it may not be the same item you sent in the 1st place)
  • When a neighbour gifts your something - just don't send in return - please take the time to check what they have asked for. Just because a promo is taking place does not mean everyone in your neighbour list requires pruning shears or old lanterns... (they might not be taking part in the promo)
  • Make sure your signature is upto date - The person gifting is not psychic and just looking at your level or airport gives them no idea what you require... A level 5 hanger can house a turbo prop and they might be going for all the stars even though they have reached level 32. - you can not see their stars in the game.
  • Just because a person has a level 5 runway does not mean Landing Lamps is useless to them... many promo's bring in destinations at those lower levels.
  • Plan ahead... just because you are at level 19 getting stars does not mean you have to only ask for level 19 items - you can stock up on level 32 items as well...
  • Do not be selfish and say you will only accept neighbours of your level or higher... everyone has to start somewhere... and in fact if someone is already at level 35 (or 40) there is a very good chance they will have multiple jumbos and a load of coins stashed up.... so gifting items to them is necessary but not critical... Whereas neighbours who are struggling to even get 80K together - let alone have the luxury of being able to sell jumbos and buy turbo props or jets at will don't necessarily rely on your deicer or flight catering (they have the money and capability to build 6 flight caterings)
  • If you need a specific item - try to look in the daily thread and find someone what has it and request it - you might get luckly and be offered it by someone...
  • Some neighbours might be happy just to be able to click and visit your city for items rather than expect a gift from you.

To Keep it simple...
  • Have a sensible username, initials that match your forum name is good, "allbrac pls", "Dispa console pls" is just pointless and make it very hard for the neighbour to know who the hell you are...
  • Keep your signature updated
  • Please add an avatar (see the guide to create a dummy FB account)
  • Only send items they have asked for
  • Send in return does not mean you are sending the same items back!!!
  • Tag or PM neighbours if they are not sending what you have asked for or sending you some unwanted item
  • Try to help some of the up and coming lower level players... they are really the people who need the most help...
  • Try to plan forward and see what all you can stock up before the upgrade...
  • Utilise the daily gifting thread - the whole point of it is to make gifting effective - playing forward is one way of helping each other out
ok that will do from me...
How I would love to be able to change my username and include in it the gifts I most need - but as an iPad user of the game that option is not open to me at all. It is just another example of iPad users not having the same advantages as other device players. So please don't discriminate too harshly with those of us who are prevented from changing their usernames.

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero
How I would love to be able to change my username and include in it the gifts I most need - but as an iPad user of the game that option is not open to me at all. It is just another example of iPad users not having the same advantages as other device players. So please don't discriminate too harshly with those of us who are prevented from changing their usernames.

Discrimination? Its called Crapple (y)

Hehe

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
Hello to everybody, is my first post. I try to understand how to work the forum and how to can help other players how is possible.

My username is Marco level 28 39 stars , i will glad to help or receve help from users.
Ciao
Marco

Marco

this part of the forum is for players who play on the phones such as Iphone, Android Devices.
If you play on windows 8 airport city on windows phone, you may or may not be able to get neighbors from other phones as GI has not yet worked all bugs in this version of the game.

Each device has some unique features that other devices do not have. example android devices receive a weekly bonus that iphone users do not receive.

Ispmark

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
wtkhcet
Username
Marko Fuel
Marco

this part of the forum is for players who play on the phones such as Iphone, Android Devices.
If you play on windows 8 airport city on windows phone, you may or may not be able to get neighbors from other phones as GI has not yet worked all bugs in this version of the game.

Each device has some unique features that other devices do not have. example android devices receive a weekly bonus that iphone users do not receive.
Yes thanks, sorry for my mistake.....i try to find the right section.

Chad Ladwig

700+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04exh7c14
Username
Chad
It would be useful if new users got some guidance on gifting. Just something I wish I would have known when I was at lower levels.

Now that I'm at a higher level, I feel bad about not returning all the landing lamps, radio transmitters (I have 177), fuel supplies and air conditioners (73) that I get but I'm beyond the need for those things and have too many already. I don't want to return them and encourage people to continue sending them.

So, here it is.

We're all limited to sending only 20 gifts per day but many of us have well over a 100 friends. So you need to be clever when it comes to sending gifts otherwise you'll be sending more than you get back.

When gifting items for flights, look for people who are at a similar level and are probably looking to receive the same things.
  • If, for example, you want items to complete level 5 flights, it's probably best not to send these items to people who don't have a level 5 runway yet.
  • If you want items to complete level 2 flights, don't send them to users who are at level 30+ because they likely have 100s and are looking for items for level 5 flights. If these people get more than 20 gifts a day, they are less likely to return yours.

• don't send to people who haven't attained a high enough level to construct or upgrade the building - more than likely, they won't be able to gift it back to you. You can find out what level a building need when you view the item in the store.

• Send items to friends who are in the highest levels. They are more likely to be working diligently to achieve the tasks for the quests and will return these items more readily than those people that aren't completing the tasks.
Hello, I sent you a neighbor request. Please accept. Chad

Chad Ladwig

700+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04exh7c14
Username
Chad
This is what I do.

1. The first 5 in my received gifts will get a return. Yes I do not like it when someone gifts me stuff that I needed a year ago. However when I was on lower levels I did appreciate people sending in those items so I will return the same. Sometimes it will take a couple days to get you returned. Drives me crazy when they send me something but then in the name have a complete different type of wanted gifts.

2. The Second 15 is all forum members and regular daily gifters.

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
McAwesome
Username
McAwesome
Does anyone know in which 'gift slot' Textbook comes? I can not for the life of me obtain one on iPad and wanted to try the 'return gift' version to non-forum members but need to know for sure which item I need to send for it to work.
Thanks

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
Does anyone know in which 'gift slot' Textbook comes? I can not for the life of me obtain one on iPad and wanted to try the 'return gift' version to non-forum members but need to know for sure which item I need to send for it to work.
Thanks
McAwesome, Number 17, 2 positions after powerfull radio transmitter
you can also sent an invite to jpjpjp999. it is in my giftlist

Device
  1. Android
  2. Facebook
Friend Code
awcon7h
Username
James79

So, here it is.

Can anyone possibly help me complete some of my buildings? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Username
Uncle Mans
The best advice is to post in the Daily Trade Thread for the device you are playing. (y)

@James79

The other bit of advice I'd offer is to update your signature to also include what you can offer to other neighbors. You might find that someone needs your help now and will be able to help you later. (And staying active on this site never hurts)

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20ij3upxs
Username
Piloot Geelbuik
Special tip: if the item you receive is not on your own gift list, a send back won't send back the same item', but the item at the same spot of your list! Many people still don't know that it's working like this.
Dear Mel - please accept my friend request.

Device
  1. Android
  2. Facebook
Friend Code
awcon7h
Username
James79
I desperately need an album so I can finish my travel agency. I have done several flights and have gotten everything but that last album! Can anyone help me with that as well as some other items I currently need? Thanks.

Fatdaz

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fatdaz220271
Username
Fatdaz
tdv

I spend a long time gifting as I:

Make a list daily to see whose turn is it for gifts
Check on their signature if they need anything urgent
Write down who I sent to & what as this helps when I receive a gift from username.

The game has been so much more fun for me since having neighbours and joining the forum :)
Hi Helen little question as I quite new in this forum
How can I find people here to look at there signature is there a way to just search for a player
Thanks
Please add me

Hi Helen little question as I quite new in this forum
How can I find people here to look at there signature is there a way to just search for a player
Thanks
Please add me

Not sure if this is the answer you are looking for...

Click on Members tab, and you will find a "Find Members" text box on the right.
By typing a few characters of the person you are looking for, the complete name will auto-fill.
You must know the forum name (because not everyone use the same forum and game name)

You can also make a bookmark to quickly go to his/her page.

Top Bottom