Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General New event questions

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
This is my first event and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.
Do I only collect knives from visiting neighbors? Nothing else can be collected?

Since I can't fly anything over a Delta, does this mean I can never complete "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" ?

I don't understand what profit I can expect to get if I have the limitation above.

Final question, I've seen mentioned that I may have to sell both a plane and a hanger just to get the Heart Hanger, is this true? I have 6 hangers, none of them are "special" hangers.

My thanks to anyone who can clear these matters up. Yes, I've read the FAQ several times and am still confused. I don't want to sell planes and hangers if I'll never be able to use the event plane!

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
Do I only collect knives from visiting neighbors? Nothing else can be collected?

Since I can't fly anything over a Delta, does this mean I can never complete "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" ?

I don't understand what profit I can expect to get if I have the limitation above.

Final question, I've seen mentioned that I may have to sell both a plane and a hanger just to get the Heart Hanger, is this true? I have 6 hangers, none of them are "special" hangers.

My thanks to anyone who can clear these matters up. Yes, I've read the FAQ several times and am still confused. I don't want to sell planes and hangers if I'll never be able to use the event plane!

1. yes, you need to collect knives from neighbors, they are used to collect mushrooms around your city.
mush rooms help complete one the collection which produces a Russian egg.

the Russian egg drops a collect item that helps complete on the quest collections.

2. you can possible complete the collection flying to cities on lower levels, it may take longer. new players are not expected to complete events the first time around. This event will come around again next year.

3 If you ave not any special hangers previously for another event. you can build up to 6 card hangers which you buy from the store.. Neighbors can gift playing cards which help build the hangers. one of the collections rewards you with the plane of hearts.

Plane of hearts lets you fly to wonderland. Wonderland flights drops items for all collections.

Older players who have played previous events that required special hangers like Christmas event or area 51 flights have build special hangers for the sleigh and/or fighters. the game only allows you to have a combination of 6 special hangers from all previous events. If have maximized your hangers you will have sell one of them to make room for the card hanger.

Do not worry if you can not complete the event it allows to gain experience in event collections and flights. most events are repeated yearly and items that you have collected but not used are stored in your warehouse to be reused again the nest time the event comes around.

Big quest like this one can be intimidating to new players. Even seasoned players like me also freaks out at first because there seem to be so many new things to do! But after a while, I find my footing and it gets fun.

1) At the beginning stage, it is important to click on neighbour's mushroom to get as many pocket knives as possible. Use @greensmith 's tip to activate Spyglass before doing your round of mushroom collecting.
2) Turboprops, Jets and Deltas will give you drops for shorter flight duration. Again, activating a Spyglass may give better drop rates. Time your flights so that they drop within the 6 hour active frame.
3) Beginners may not be able to complete the event without spending greenies or real cash, but you can still build the new "Egg" buildings, which are quite lovely in your airport.
4) If you have not built any Xmas or Russian hangars, you can build up to 6 of the new Card Hangars.
5) There is (usually) always next year to complete the job. Just have fun doing the event and grow your city, you will be much better equipped for the next quest!

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
All event destinations usually yield exactly same drop. You're not supposed to fly them all!
The reason there is one destination for every plane type is so people with eg. all-jumbos don't have to sell some of them and get something else to do the event. You're supposed to fly whatever you have at the moment.
(The fact this event lacks destination for powerful deltas is pretty weird, usually there is one.)

Starchasers will always complain that there is not enough time to 3-star all destinations, but again: we are not supposed to fly them all. We're supposed to fly one of them. Fly whatever you can, you'll be fine.

As a side note: if the drop chances are not adjusted to flight length (usually longer flights are supposed to have higher drop chance, but that's often not true for events) then the lowest level flight is the most profitable, as you can do 8 t-prop flights in time that takes Giant to complete just one.

Last edited:
All event destinations usually yield exactly same drop. You're not supposed to fly them all!
The reason there is one destination for every plane type is so people with eg. all-jumbos don't have to sell some of them and get something else to do the event. You're supposed to fly whatever you have at the moment.
(The fact this event lacks destination for powerful deltas is pretty weird, usually there is one.)

Starchasers will always complain that there is not enough time to 3-star all destinations, but again: we are not supposed to fly them all. We're supposed to fly one of them. Fly whatever you can, you'll be fine.

As a side note: if the drop chances are not adjusted to flight length (usually longer flights are supposed to have higher drop chance, but that's often not true for events) then the lowest level flight is the most profitable, as you can do 8 t-prop flights in time that takes Giant to complete just one.

Besides Powerful Deltas, there are also no destination for Giants (double weird)!

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
That is not necessary true. It could be like the sleigh hangers, the planes are kept there with no destination to fly to.

Most people remove hangers and planes they do not need as waste space on the airport side.

No many people waste land on airport side until they have level 8 towers where they need space for 10 or more hangers.

What GI will do with major changes we will have to wait and see..

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
Free2Play begs to differ, Agent:

(...) a quick sidenote here. There're really no exceptions to the rule of "bigger planes = bigger rewards" including higher chances ofgetting something. This is true for this quest as well, as we try to ensure on each level whether you've just started or being on level 60 you're convenient with completing quest with your current set of planes and fuel reserves. All text descriptions are within certain range, that's why "very seldom" on small plane is not equal to "very seldom" chance ofgetting something from, say, Jumbo.

And:

Greensmith: Are you saying that a Jumbo (with a very seldom chance of a drop) is more likely to give you a drop than a Turboprop (with a very seldom chance of a drop)?

Free2Play: Yes. It requires more passengers and fuel, so it's fair it has better chances.

https://www.airportcitygame.com/thr...he-rabbit-hole-2016.11516/page-11#post-165299
Posts #212, #217 and #218

Top Bottom