Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

New August update

Just saw this from AC and thought I would post it. For all of us holdouts that haven't updated yet, this might push us over the edge!! :bag::barefoot:

" Thunderbird plane joins your ever-expanding fleet on tablets and phones NEXT WEEK!
The next chapter in Airport City history begins in early August. Get ready to explore new regular and adventure destinations across the world when new levels become available, and free up some space in your town for dozens of new buildings! "

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Sky Elf
Username
Sky Elf
I've been waiting until they work out all the bugs released with the update. New guest planes that I can't land because I can't afford the runway they require aren't much of an enticement for me. Since I'm still working on being able to buy my first Jumbo, I'm sure I'm months away from buying my own Thunderbirds.

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Friend Code
wc3qty8
Username
mar-
Just saw this from AC and thought I would post it. For all of us holdouts that haven't updated yet, this might push us over the edge!! :bag::barefoot:

" Thunderbird plane joins your ever-expanding fleet on tablets and phones NEXT WEEK!
The next chapter in Airport City history begins in early August. Get ready to explore new regular and adventure destinations across the world when new levels become available, and free up some space in your town for dozens of new buildings! "
t birds are go!
:)
how much will they cost, the same as others?

D

Deleted member 5399

Yeah and I'm not gonna spend any more money on this game either.
All Gi does is upgrade everyone else and leaves Windows players;at least us PC players always in the dark.
And when they finally decide to do something we are chasing rabbits when we should be going after goblins and witches, and vice versa.
I'm getting so tired of this, I'm about to call it quits and I mean uninstall the stupid game.

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Friend Code
wc3qty8
Username
mar-
og no kb
All Gi does is upgrade everyone else and leaves Windows players;at least us PC players always in the dark.
And when they finally decide to do something we are chasing rabbits when we should be going after goblins and witches, and vice versa.
I'm getting so tired of this, I'm about to call it quits and I mean uninstall the stupid game.
!
oh no kb
plz dont
u experienced, sending great postings on the forums
sure, game is stupid sometimes , actually i first liked, then loved &untill couple days ago i adored it. now, knowing the incapeble or impossoble options to gain progress without spending, i think it's really below capability anno 2016.
start over gi!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
I have reviewed the Thunderbird airplane guide.

Another upgrade where the upgrade prices are ridiculously high. 900,000 coins to buy an airplane? That's crazy. Who the heck do they think I am, Donald Trump? It seems he and Bill Gates are the only people who can afford the upgrades in this this game, these days.

It will take me 3 or 4 months to save up that much money for a Thunderbird plane. I still don't have the FALCON planes from the last upgrade because of the cost of upgrading the runway, the control tower, the repair facility, the terminal and the town hall. With each upgrade this game is getting less enjoyable. I think the single biggest block in this game is the population cap. I have land I can't build on, because I have maxed out my population. Upgrading the town hall, and getting only 100 more people is ridiculous, the increase should be at least 1,000.

I am beginning to wonder why I spend any time playing this game. I have not joined an alliance because I can't figure out how. As for space launches, it takes forever to get all the items to launch something and when I do launch, 9 times out of 10 it fails. I have sort of given up on space launches, as they don't seem to provide much in the way of benefits. Clearly I must be missing something about how Airport City works and how to play it.

I think the programmers at GI who do Airport City, should take a few programming and design lessons from the programmers at GI who do "The Tribez' and "The Tribez and Castle". Those GI games work well, and very infrequently have problems due to updates. Those games take a long time to make progress, but you do not have to spend REAL money to make progress either.

Now if they had the 'real' Thunderbirds in the upgrade THAT would be cool. Maybe have them land as guest planes, although it would look rather odd to have Thunderbird 4 (the submarine) or Thunderbird 5 (the space station) landing at an airport.

Cheers,
Canadian Cowboy.

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
Bare in mind @Canadian Cowboy these new planes and destinations are designed to keep the long term players who have done pretty much everything playing, there are players with tens of millions of coins with nothing to spend and have complete most destinations. There are plenty more destinations and planes to keep you earning coins and keep you busy. Best not to worry too much about the new stuff when there a lot more things still available to keep you busy ;-)

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
Please PM Neighbor and Gift Requests
Username
SDave, Derby, and Tatsu

Another upgrade where the upgrade prices are ridiculously high. 900,000 coins to buy an airplane? That's crazy. Who the heck do they think I am, Donald Trump? It seems he and Bill Gates are the only people who can afford the upgrades in this this game, these days.

It will take me 3 or 4 months to save up that much money for a Thunderbird plane. I still don't have the FALCON planes from the last upgrade because of the cost of upgrading the runway, the control tower, the repair facility, the terminal and the town hall. With each upgrade this game is getting less enjoyable. I think the single biggest block in this game is the population cap. I have land I can't build on, because I have maxed out my population. Upgrading the town hall, and getting only 100 more people is ridiculous, the increase should be at least 1,000.

I am beginning to wonder why I spend any time playing this game. I have not joined an alliance because I can't figure out how. As for space launches, it takes forever to get all the items to launch something and when I do launch, 9 times out of 10 it fails. I have sort of given up on space launches, as they don't seem to provide much in the way of benefits. Clearly I must be missing something about how Airport City works and how to play it.

I think the programmers at GI who do Airport City, should take a few programming and design lessons from the programmers at GI who do "The Tribez' and "The Tribez and Castle". Those GI games work well, and very infrequently have problems due to updates. Those games take a long time to make progress, but you do not have to spend REAL money to make progress either.

Now if they had the 'real' Thunderbirds in the upgrade THAT would be cool. Maybe have them land as guest planes, although it would look rather odd to have Thunderbird 4 (the submarine) or Thunderbird 5 (the space station) landing at an airport.

Cheers,
Canadian Cowboy.
One of the fastest ways to earn coins is by space launches...

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata

Cheers,
Canadian Cowboy.

I don't know where you are in the game... but if you can't afford some stuff for now, just concentrate on saving up coins, greens and item drops. You're going to need them bad as you progress because yes, things will get expensive. When I upgraded town hall, runways, etc, I did not do them all at once. One at a time. Also, you can star all low level destinations and land guest planes to stock up on coins and repair items. Don't worry if you can't get to falcon or thunderbird destinations yet as they will stay. As for population, fly to even low level Adventure destinations so you can have buildings that will increase population by 50 each. They also drop items each day. Even though they take up too much space, the population and daily drops they give me are good for me. I don't have grand hotel which gets you 300 population but I have 2464/5850 on my population. Lots of population to grow if I want to.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
Thank you for the suggestions on how to increase my population cap. I was not aware that the 'Adventure destinations' could provide buildings that increase population cap. If I remember correctly, when you look at the collections and it tells you that a building is the reward, it does not tell you anything about the building (eg coins generated or special features such as population increase). So when I looked at Adventure flights, they did not seem to offer anything special that I would want to spend any time on, until after I had upgraded the main AC buildings (control tower, repair bay, town hall and terminal). I will examine Adventure flights again.

I found the same thing for the Space flights too. I think I have had maybe one or two successful launches because I could not get all the points needed (1600) most of the time as I did not have enough special launch items. I did not even know what was required until the first time I did a launch. It was a most unwelcome surprise I must say. Thus with a success rate like that, I tended to ignore the Space flights and concentrate on the flights for main AC buildings.

Clearly I am not playing Airport City, in a clever manner. I suspect that part of this is due to the complexity of the game. So many flights, and so many collections and no way to figure out which collections/flights to concentrate on to make progress in key areas. (By the way thank you for the guides posted here. I have read some of them, and I am still at a loss in trying to figure out some features of this game, such as the Reserve Hanger, function.) The list of tasks to the left doesn't help much since they cannot be organized. Point of fact there are so many pending tasks that I just ignore them now. My focus has been on collections that have building rewards since it is easy to track that progress in the game (eg collected 3 times out 6).

In my humble opinion, the one key 'feature' of Airport City, which has been hampering my progress in the game is the 'very seldom' drop rate for 99% of the flights. I get items so infrequently (even with the boosts which are themselves 'very seldom') on flights that at times it seems impossible to complete collections or building upgrades. Flights take many hours now (8 or 9 hours), so I check AC once a day to check on progress. I think 'very seldom' should be translated in a more accurate description such as "a snowball's chance in hell".

I make glacial progress in Airport City, so I play it less often during the day, which further slows down my progress, and so it continues. The enjoyment level is not very high, so I tend to drift to other games (some of them GI games) where I can see myself making progress of some kind, on a day to day basis, even if that progress is only collection gold coins.

If something is not done to make Airport City more enjoyable, to create a sense of accomplishment for the players, I think I may wind up walking away from Airport City. I nearly did that with the last technical update, since it forced me to have GI tech support transfer my game to my newer tablet. (A little warning about this update's hardware requirement changes, on Google Play would have been a good idea.)

I wonder how may other medium length AC players might be having similar thoughts of walking away from the game because it just is not fun any more?

Canadian Cowboy.

I don't know where you are in the game... but if you can't afford some stuff for now, just concentrate on saving up coins, greens and item drops. You're going to need them bad as you progress because yes, things will get expensive. When I upgraded town hall, runways, etc, I did not do them all at once. One at a time. Also, you can star all low level destinations and land guest planes to stock up on coins and repair items. Don't worry if you can't get to falcon or thunderbird destinations yet as they will stay. As for population, fly to even low level Adventure destinations so you can have buildings that will increase population by 50 each. They also drop items each day. Even though they take up too much space, the population and daily drops they give me are good for me. I don't have grand hotel which gets you 300 population but I have 2464/5850 on my population. Lots of population to grow if I want to.

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Friend Code
wc3qty8
Username
mar-
Hi
Thank you for the suggestions on how to increase my population cap. I was not aware that the 'Adventure destinations' could provide buildings that increase population cap. If I remember correctly, when you look at the collections and it tells you that a building is the reward, it does not tell you anything about the building (eg coins generated or special features such as population increase). So when I looked at Adventure flights, they did not seem to offer anything special that I would want to spend any time on, until after I had upgraded the main AC buildings (control tower, repair bay, town hall and terminal). I will examine Adventure flights again.

I found the same thing for the Space flights too. I think I have had maybe one or two successful launches because I could not get all the points needed (1600) most of the time as I did not have enough special launch items. I did not even know what was required until the first time I did a launch. It was a most unwelcome surprise I must say. Thus with a success rate like that, I tended to ignore the Space flights and concentrate on the flights for main AC buildings.

Clearly I am not playing Airport City, in a clever manner. I suspect that part of this is due to the complexity of the game. So many flights, and so many collections and no way to figure out which collections/flights to concentrate on to make progress in key areas. (By the way thank you for the guides posted here. I have read some of them, and I am still at a loss in trying to figure out some features of this game, such as the Reserve Hanger, function.) The list of tasks to the left doesn't help much since they cannot be organized. Point of fact there are so many pending tasks that I just ignore them now. My focus has been on collections that have building rewards since it is easy to track that progress in the game (eg collected 3 times out 6).

In my humble opinion, the one key 'feature' of Airport City, which has been hampering my progress in the game is the 'very seldom' drop rate for 99% of the flights. I get items so infrequently (even with the boosts which are themselves 'very seldom') on flights that at times it seems impossible to complete collections or building upgrades. Flights take many hours now (8 or 9 hours), so I check AC once a day to check on progress. I think 'very seldom' should be translated in a more accurate description such as "a snowball's chance in hell".

I make glacial progress in Airport City, so I play it less often during the day, which further slows down my progress, and so it continues. The enjoyment level is not very high, so I tend to drift to other games (some of them GI games) where I can see myself making progress of some kind, on a day to day basis, even if that progress is only collection gold coins.

If something is not done to make Airport City more enjoyable, to create a sense of accomplishment for the players, I think I may wind up walking away from Airport City. I nearly did that with the last technical update, since it forced me to have GI tech support transfer my game to my newer tablet. (A little warning about this update's hardware requirement changes, on Google Play would have been a good idea.)

I wonder how may other medium length AC players might be having similar thoughts of walking away from the game because it just is not fun any more?

Canadian Cowboy.
Canadian cowboy
Jippy a yeeh
I Read Your postings here, n i totally recognize myself in some.
like what's the use of reserve hangar..i still don't know excactly, being on level 55 now, what it's good for; by example i only once could use it (shortly after finishing lvl 2 of it) to sell a plane and then was able to buy another , cannot remember honoustly how i did it, but i managed to get me a bigger plane then.

so , u,do not have a signature yet, take a look plz at different forums, to found out about the,signature, once you created it, it will be much easier for,forummembers, to see your "whis list" n your "gift list"

also u can put in the signature what device you are playing on, for example ipad, android,or pc , me myself is playing on windows phone as you can see on my signature (shown at the,bottom here)

i still like,the game becos' i am high ranked,on the world rankings,at the,moment(#1 poolsttn&malta) , this will gain me silver,coins, n with them i can afford,new,planes, buildings etc.

so , browse through all forums for advice/experiences/tips
now im back to flying,n landing,planes

IvanM

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ate6vn2
Username
IvanM

Canadian Cowboy.
Hi Canadian Boy,

Started the game a few months ago and today arrived at level60.
What I do like about the game is that there is still so much to do.
Yes it is a challenge and I do make plans for myself where to go to and set priorities.
And some will take just months to achieve.
But for me that is what I just like the most.

One of the easier ones eg is for me geetting a Grand Hotel. First you think: 300 silver where to get that.
And then you start looking around. I manage to do daily a green launch (each time 8 or 6 gold).
So after around 40 days will reach my goal.
How to faster get the launch items: visit neighbours with planetariums & training centers, mission control center lvl1 && green launch platforms.

But if I wouldn't have found this forum, it would all be a lot harder.
At least you find here info in advance. You can see what you will need for an upgrade of a buidling. This way you can avoid to be stuck for a while.
And the help from other members makes it easier.

And it is quite normal that the developers need to find things for the long term players to keep continuing playing.

Good luck
Ivan

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
Hi
Thank you for the information and the suggestions.

REALLY REALLY REALLY DUMB QUESTION FOLLOWS.

What is a 'signature'? I have looked all over and I do not see any option for

never mind I found the signature option in my profile and I have updated it.

Hi
Canadian cowboy
Jippy a yeeh
I Read Your postings here, n i totally recognize myself in some.
like what's the use of reserve hangar..i still don't know excactly, being on level 55 now, what it's good for; by example i only once could use it (shortly after finishing lvl 2 of it) to sell a plane and then was able to buy another , cannot remember honoustly how i did it, but i managed to get me a bigger plane then.

so , u,do not have a signature yet, take a look plz at different forums, to found out about the,signature, once you created it, it will be much easier for,forummembers, to see your "whis list" n your "gift list"

also u can put in the signature what device you are playing on, for example ipad, android,or pc , me myself is playing on windows phone as you can see on my signature (shown at the,bottom here)

i still like,the game becos' i am high ranked,on the world rankings,at the,moment(#1 poolsttn&malta) , this will gain me silver,coins, n with them i can afford,new,planes, buildings etc.

so , browse through all forums for advice/experiences/tips
now im back to flying,n landing,planes

Canadian Cowboy.

If possible, build 2 or 3 runways and click on your landing planes at the same time in quick succession. The chance of drop is greater than if you click them one at a time.

If you have only 1 or 2 hangar, you can also just let the planes go uncollected in the hangar, and click on them when you have 3 planes to collect.

Top Bottom