Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Negative profit?

Pejt

CheezLvr
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
047im5fii
Username
Pejt
Today I started a flight with the crossbill heli to Rideo Falls. I did not pay attention to the "costs", but is turned out thet the costs of the resources were 817 coins and the revenues being 790 coins. I did gain profit due to bonus, but resources does not have anything to do with the use of bonuses I assume? Anyone else have this experience?
Also I saw costs of upgrading your small oil refinery: 2 million coins. Is this a mistake? If not this is really out of proportions en we all should write tickets about this.
1643101185537.png

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Hmm, I have a very detailed spreadsheet with heli items required for each flight. I have the item cost (not including fuel) for this combination as 685.

Valve x11 = microcircuit (10) + gear (15)
Swivel bearing x5 = gear (15) + varnish (20)
Tail rotor x5 = varnish (20) + sensor (27)

11 x 10 = 110
11 x 15 = 165
5 x 15 = 75
5 x 20 = 100
5 x 20 = 100
5 x 27 = 135
total 685

So not very profitable at all. But not a loss. There are unprofitable destinations - essentially every event destination operates at a loss and two of the combinations for Stanley. With heli fuel reproducing on it's own now, you technically don't have to spend money on that. We have brought the event destination issue up to G!.

Yes, bonuses help with making flying helicopters worthwhile. I wrote a guide about this a while back https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/should-i-fly-helicopters.38262/.

As for the final upgrade for the small oil refinery, yes the last upgrade is 2m and it's not a mistake. There are much more expensive upgrades and at some point in this game, you will have no more need for coins. Depending on how much you play and how good your income strategies are, you can hit this point (no more need for coins) in less than 1 year of playing.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
Today I started a flight with the crossbill heli to Rideo Falls. I did not pay attention to the "costs", but is turned out thet the costs of the resources were 817 coins and the revenues being 790 coins. I did gain profit due to bonus, but resources does not have anything to do with the use of bonuses I assume? Anyone else have this experience?
Also I saw costs of upgrading your small oil refinery: 2 million coins. Is this a mistake? If not this is really out of proportions en we all should write tickets about this.
View attachment 62406
The profit is in the form of the buildings that are acquired by each destination. Or, like Nayeon said, with stars.

View attachment 62406
Believe it or not I have 150M coins and nothing to spend that amount on. Considering I am not repairing the broken white planes (waste of repair items), there is a point in the game where coins means nothing.

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
Sure, coins mean nothing until you change your map running from Giants to Thunderbirds. Hmm... 10 airplanes at 900,000 each and 9M coin is gone pretty quickly. What's that? The event has new destinations I never been too? Hmmm...time to sell a handfull of Tbirds with something else and then, when I've collected all the stars I want, well sell them too and buy new planes again.

Sure I could spend greenies on more hanger slots, but coins are available so...

I guess if I had 150M I would be more cavalier, but I've never been able to save more than 12M before needing them for fleet swapping.

Top Bottom