Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Let's talk City Planning

Do you have a strategic plan for laying out your city, or are things just "wherever it'll fit?"

I recently splurged $10 to buy 100 green so I could jump-start a few land expansions. Next expansion will be # 27 when they go on half-price later this week.

I currently have about 18 4x4's on the City side, and about 16 4x4's on the Helicopter side (not sure what to call it?)

Thinking I'm probably about to spend 50-60 green to add one square on the Heli side (for power) and 4-5 squares on the City side.

I have seen some neighbors that have beautifully laid out roads and buildings all in a row, but I've been removing excess roads and compressing my city to maximize avaialble space.

All my tall buildings are on the outside rim so no buildings are hidden from view.

Thinking I'm going to keep one 4x4 square open to add event-related buildings that will either pay event currency (such as Russian Eggs) or generate extra neighbor clicks (like movie theaters/seafood restaurants this event).

What are some best practices?

AvsFan

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03z5n7i9i
Username
AvsFan
I also try to build in a way that I use as few roads as possible. I've been struggling a bit trying to figure out a good layout with 3x3 buildings. I believe I found a good layout for 2x2 and 1x1 buildings. First I line the long roadway automatically added when you build parking lots with 1x1's. Then on the back side of that I do a pattern of 2x2 and 1x1 buildings that allow for two sections of road to touch 6 buildings (4 - 2x2 and 2 - 1x1) See below
IMG_0296.PNG

I also try to build in a way that I use as few roads as possible. I've been struggling a bit trying to figure out a good layout with 3x3 buildings. I believe I found a good layout for 2x2 and 1x1 buildings. First I line the long roadway automatically added when you build parking lots with 1x1's. Then on the back side of that I do a pattern of 2x2 and 1x1 buildings that allow for two sections of road to touch 6 buildings (4 - 2x2 and 2 - 1x1) See belowView attachment 32612
I have been playing this game for 6 months and you just totally blew my mind that I can get that view of my city. :ROFLMAO: Thanks!!

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I also try to build in a way that I use as few roads as possible. I've been struggling a bit trying to figure out a good layout with 3x3 buildings. I believe I found a good layout for 2x2 and 1x1 buildings. First I line the long roadway automatically added when you build parking lots with 1x1's. Then on the back side of that I do a pattern of 2x2 and 1x1 buildings that allow for two sections of road to touch 6 buildings (4 - 2x2 and 2 - 1x1) See belowView attachment 32612
It’s only a small saving, but this is better.
17E7EEE3-961E-4124-AC0B-F438E416F958.jpeg

I also try to build in a way that I use as few roads as possible. I've been struggling a bit trying to figure out a good layout with 3x3 buildings. I believe I found a good layout for 2x2 and 1x1 buildings. First I line the long roadway automatically added when you build parking lots with 1x1's. Then on the back side of that I do a pattern of 2x2 and 1x1 buildings that allow for two sections of road to touch 6 buildings (4 - 2x2 and 2 - 1x1) See below
A good layout for 3x3 requires also that the at least one of the dimensions of your city be a multiple of 3 (and 4, but that comes with the structure as each piece is a 4units square). At least I find it easier that way.

Nit Nit

Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
27edojj7w
Username
Nit

I use the same layout, but I do not like placing the 1x1s in between the 2x2s just because it's easy to mis-tap wrong items. So instead I use these 1x1s to place wind turbines (looks cool I think) and line the parking lot road with 1x1 buildings (as you have done). That way, I also free up space on the airport side.

@AvsFan This looks fantastic

Arch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gxsm0eq
Username
Arch
Sorry not screenshot but this is the general layout I'm aiming for while still combining 1*1 and 2*2 zones - eventually I will move more to the 2*2 layout (and then work out how to accommodate 3*3's). The 1*1 section I sourced from an old post, the dark orange square can be placed as boost to benefit six of the green squares around. The 2*2 layout is pretty much the same as the one a few posts up, just gets a little more messy tying the two areas together.

2020-06-09_16-07-32.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom