Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Latest launch hijacker

Device
  1. iPad
Username
BWAU96
Just a public service announcement -- if you're neighbors with BrianTHX, beware.

Was setting up a launch with QL and had 1456 points. Got distracted for a few minutes and the launch was ready to go with him at 1498. So much for time to get others in with accelerators. Guess I'll wait an hour and a half to get my 2nd place goods...

Just a public service announcement -- if you're neighbors with BrianTHX, beware.

Was setting up a launch with QL and had 1456 points. Got distracted for a few minutes and the launch was ready to go with him at 1498. So much for time to get others in with accelerators. Guess I'll wait an hour and a half to get my 2nd place goods...
Hi BW - please accept my apologies for this. This was a lack of concentration on my part, I added 360 instead of the 120 without thinking. I immediately saw what I had done and stopped adding. If you added another 40 you would have retaken 1st, which I was hoping for, unfortunately a third came in and launched

We have launched together before, without incident. I would like to rectify this, and suggest that you let me know when launching, I will add a QL and support you getting firsts

Again sorry about that

Brian

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20halcdzw
Username
Cassandra
Hi BW - please accept my apologies for this. This was a lack of concentration on my part, I added 360 instead of the 120 without thinking. I immediately saw what I had done and stopped adding. If you added another 40 you would have retaken 1st, which I was hoping for, unfortunately a third came in and launched

We have launched together before, without incident. I would like to rectify this, and suggest that you let me know when launching, I will add a QL and support you getting firsts

Again sorry about that

Brian
Not very often someone apologizes for their mistakes. Glad to see some still do

Not very often someone apologizes for their mistakes. Glad to see some still do
It’s always good to try and sort out these things via PM before outing people in public, as well. Yes - I know that Brian’s forum name has changed which can make it a little more difficult, but take a little extra time and ask around (fellow alliance members?). If you only have forum members as neighbours (as is so regularly advised) then someone in here is more than likely to know who the connection is and point you in the right direction. Maybe cool your gunpowder momentarily and post the question, “does anybody know XXX?”. You’ll probably be surprised that the owner may respond first!

Many years ago, I made the fatal error of listening to a fellow noob tell me that my launch was being hijacked. My first reaction was to jump in and boot the player from my launch. Not long afterwards, I came onto the forum to discover a well respected, long term member had torn me to shreds for my actions. Extremely embarrassing and awkward (they’re in the top tier of AC friends, these days☺️). Irrespective of who was right or wrong in the situation, things could have been handled by both parties. My errors included listening to someone who had made incorrect assumptions, jumping the gun and not checking the forum. The person I kicked was reasonably well known to me, but I hadn’t registered that the game name and forum names were different*. Had I known, and I wished that the other part had done it at the time, contact via PM would have sorted through the issues quickly without any public shaming/embarrassment. If things don’t get resolved after that, then fill your boots and sledge away! 😉

*note: (1) there are quite a few players in here that do similarly. You may not think so, but unless you’re looking to keep a low profile, you’re only doing yourself a disservice. It’s quite difficult to remember who everyone is (especially for newer members), if the names are not similar in any way. (2) If you make an error that you know might cause angst, you can cool the flames quickly by reaching out to the other party before they unload publicly 👍🏻🍻.

If you want to wait for more QLs before launching, it is also good to put that in your game name. For example, if I want people to wait for there to be 3 QLs in a launch before they launch it, I make my game name "JennB - Wait 3QL". This will not stop accidental additions of points, as Brian did, but it alerts people to your intentions even before they join a launch.

If you want to wait for more QLs before launching, it is also good to put that in your game name. For example, if I want people to wait for there to be 3 QLs in a launch before they launch it, I make my game name "JennB - Wait 3QL". This will not stop accidental additions of points, as Brian did, but it alerts people to your intentions even before they join a launch.
It’s sad that you have to change your account name to make some people slow down and think. It amazes me when people join a launch (excited, because they see one with a QL!) with only a few points left to add and they feel the need to shove that last item in immediately and see the rocket launch. No thought that it’s someone else’s launch, someone else’s QL and they might just be waiting for another QL to join (or even add another one their own support account). Most importantly, it’s not their launch to be making that decision but Nooooo, they need to get it launched so that they don’t slip back a seat if someone else joins (hardly a sacrifice when the QL launch has cost them nothing!) No thought that by waiting just a few minutes, even 10 min, it might mean that the 2¼hr flight will be back in less than 15 min - a far better result for everyone! :banghead:

It’s sad that you have to change your account name to make some people slow down and think. It amazes me when people join a launch (excited, because they see one with a QL!) with only a few points left to add and they feel the need to shove that last item in immediately and see the rocket launch. No thought that it’s someone else’s launch, someone else’s QL and they might just be waiting for another QL to join (or even add another one their own support account). Most importantly, it’s not their launch to be making that decision but Nooooo, they need to get it launched so that they don’t slip back a seat if someone else joins (hardly a sacrifice when the QL launch has cost them nothing!) No thought that by waiting just a few minutes, even 10 min, it might mean that the 2¼hr flight will be back in less than 15 min - a far better result for everyone! :banghead:
Completely agree with this. I was aiming at 2nd or 3rd, but was over tired and launching from too many accounts at the same time. By the time I added there were 46 points left, I hoped BW would add them and claim 1St, but someone else did and launched. Entirely my fault and BW is right to be pi$$ed off

It's not sad to communicate in any way you can. It is just helpful. Sometimes I am at the end of a QL party with an active QL, so I will go look for other people I can help out in their launches. If they are not on the forum or have not communicated on the forum, then a directive in their game name helps me not make a mistake and I am much more likely to help them out with an additional QL. It really is just helpful and will get others to join your launch knowing what they need to do.

It's not sad to communicate in any way you can. It is just helpful. Sometimes I am at the end of a QL party with an active QL, so I will go look for other people I can help out in their launches. If they are not on the forum or have not communicated on the forum, then a directive in their game name helps me not make a mistake and I am much more likely to help them out with an additional QL. It really is just helpful and will get others to join your launch knowing what they need to do.
I understand your intentions and not trying to discourage the practice. I’m 100% in agreement that good communication is essential. My referral to it being sad is specifically aimed towards the minority of players that are in too much of a rush to benefit themselves, that they can’t stop to think of the bigger picture. As it is in often in life, unless it’s spelled out for them in big print, it never reaches their grey matter.

Device
  1. iPad
Username
BWAU96

Again sorry about that

Brian

Hi Brian,

Apologies for not responding sooner, but I've been away for a week or so. I appreciate your response, and I agree with sentiments above that this should have been handled by PM. I tried to do that, but could not find a matching name. I've been bitten several times by this lately, so I vented too quickly. My apologies for making this public. No hard feelings here.

Tom-SUB

1300+ Star Club
All New Tadashi
Device
  1. Android
  2. None of the above
Friend Code
04WAG8N9Y
Username
Tom
and what can help to avoid that? a real launch chat inside of the app. I asked G.I. years ago (before pandemic time) - and the response was : great idea, we have to report it to our programmers. And we see what happened after some years :-D . That is G.I. I am still think that a launch-based-chat is very helpful and should be a must in an app like airportcity.

Top Bottom