Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iPadOS iPad upgrade issue to 15.1.4

I've already opened a ticket on this but wanted to see if anyone has experienced this issue. I have two different games on iOS platforms..my main on an iPad and a support game on an iPhone. Although both devices use the same Apple ID I've always turned off all the different options within AC to link games because AC's server can't seem to delineate which game is which.

Last night my iPad upgraded to 15.1.4 and now this morning I keep getting prompted on both devices which game I want, which I assume happened because the iOS upgrade automatically logs you back into Game Center. I also noticed that both iOS games now have my main game's neighbors and gifts. I keep picking which game goes where to keep them separate but I have no faith that it's causing more harm than help.

Annoyingly I've also been booted from the event ratings completely even though I can see the full leaderboard too. Given I was in the Top 3 (and close to 2nd) I've probably lost those awards at this point but I'd rather just get the games separated again.

it happened on prior ios versions too.
issue is also that even on different Game Center’s, they share the same Apple ID, thus the same underlying email.
for what I’ve seen lately, games under the same email are getting mixed up (and not necessarily on iOs)

I guess I’ve never seen the issue before and it only triggered when iOS upgraded.

At least my main game isn’t affected now but I guess I’d better figure out how to split my two iOS games at the ID level. I intentionally don’t sync the support game back and have different email addresses but didn’t realize I had to go even further

Yep, it finds both your games as you used the same ID in each, I’m not sure but I think even if you set up a new Game Center ID on your support, it still has a record of your Apple ID, I seem to think I had that issue but it was a long time ago

since then I’ve made sure that every support game I have is totally separate with no connections at all ie email addys, etc

Even
So - if I go create a new Apple ID, change that on my iPad, then restart the game will that cause any issues with trying to find it or other playability issues? That's a pretty simple change but I worry about losing something in the process like unopened gifts, neighbors, etc.

Fuel Ring Admins

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. Windows PC
That's what I was afraid of - I guess I'll wait to hear from GI Support on how to get this fixed then.
Can you let us know? My main game came up asking me to log into game centre which it has always done automatically in the past. Main game IPad 2nd game IPhone. Worried mine might go the same way.
Thanks

Can you let us know? My main game came up asking me to log into game centre which it has always done automatically in the past. Main game IPad 2nd game IPhone. Worried mine might go the same way.
Thanks
We were talking about this in our alliance chat. Somewhere along the way it seems they’ve moved to unique accounts by Apple ID rather than email address or Game Center ID.

I’m still waiting to hear back from support on this but I setup a new Apple ID with its own email address. I just need their help in getting the right games connected correctly to the right ID

@Kevin Mc - The issue is mostly resolved. Ultimately I created a second Apple ID for my iPad and started playing AC on it. It took a bit of back and forth with support but I was able to restore my support game to the phone and now I'm not being prompted to pick games anymore.

It's not completely resolved though. When I tried sending a friend invite from my Main is the game name wasn't matching the code it's associated to. Someone else in my alliance has this issue and I don't think it's going to get solved, so I may have long-term issues with being able to send or receive neighbor to my main. I'm not terribly worried about this because I don't keep a huge list of neighbors since I resumed playing and I can get them added, but it will be a bit of a pain in the butt for the FRs.

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
Like always: If someone will have issue with AC game, send me PM.
Will do my best to help you, just write, what is wrong with your game, and send me also your game ID/code.
Best luck, pilots! ✈️👨‍✈️

Top Bottom