Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

How many planes of each type should I have?

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04og9azaj
Username
Verna
I'm currently level 40 and have 6 Hawk planes and 1 Owl S1 plane. So far I'm just working my way down the flight list until I get 3 of each stars. I'm also working towards getting a red launch pad, and just got the airship dock so start those.

My question is - should I just upgrade all my fleet at once, once I get 3 stars for their cities? Or should I be keeping at least like 2 planes of each type if they're needed for certain missions? Is it worth greenies to upgrade the hanger to hold more planes? I've been saving greenies for land but think 5 may be worth it for an extra slot in the hanger? Any guidance here would be appreciated.

Thank you!

- should I just upgrade all my fleet at once, once I get 3 stars for their cities
Upgrade all your fleet at once if:
1. You have 3 starred all alliance destinations (randomly selected every week by G!)
2. All alliance map destinations (from alliance weekly rewards)
3. All adventure destinations (maps from Duke's store)
4. All excavation destinations (maps from adventure chests)

Or should I be keeping at least like 2 planes of each type if they're needed for certain missions?
Answered above. But if you are in an alliance you need to keep this in mind:
1st task = cheapest plane in your fleet
2nd task = expensive plane in your fleet
3rd task = most plane in your your fleet by numbers
These include the planes you have in the reserve hanger but not the warehouse.

Is it worth greenies to upgrade the hanger to hold more planes?
Nope, not worth 1 green.
I suggest that you earn coins for this purpose.
1. Space launches are your much needed friend.
2. Landing guest planes for collections

I've been saving greenies for land but think 5 may be worth it for an extra slot in the hanger?
Greenies are for:
1. Land
2. Golden dice
Anything else save the 2 above is reckless spending (in my opinion)
Anything else can be easily and cheaply achieved with normal coins. Don't be in a rush (this is a long term game), take your time, plan and stick to that plan. AND ENJOY!

This is my 2 cents worth of advice.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I'm currently level 40 and have 6 Hawk planes and 1 Owl S1 plane. So far I'm just working my way down the flight list until I get 3 of each stars. I'm also working towards getting a red launch pad, and just got the airship dock so start those.

My question is - should I just upgrade all my fleet at once, once I get 3 stars for their cities? Or should I be keeping at least like 2 planes of each type if they're needed for certain missions? Is it worth greenies to upgrade the hanger to hold more planes? I've been saving greenies for land but think 5 may be worth it for an extra slot in the hanger? Any guidance here would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Should you upgrade all your fleet at once?
No, as @Teboho mentioned, there are other flights (maps) that aren't in the regular display screen. There are alliance flights that only show up occasionally and only if you have a plane to do them (e.g. Antalya). Also, many events have flights for most plane sizes. I found out from @Barkmi4 (Mike) recently how alliance tasks are decided. 1) based on your smallest plane, 2) based on your largest plane and 3) based on the plane you have the most of.

Is it worth greenies to upgrade the hangar?
No. I'm happy to let my planes sit in the stand all day if I'm not using them. Upgrade your control tower and add stands instead to increase your fleet. There is a point where you can't get more land without greenies. Save them for that. I also like to spend greenies on electricity but I wait until they go on sale in the bank (happens occasionally).

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04og9azaj
Username
Verna
Answered above. But if you are in an alliance you need to keep this in mind:
1st task = cheapest plane in your fleet
2nd task = expensive plane in your fleet
3rd task = most plane in your your fleet by numbers
These include the planes you have in the reserve hanger but not the warehouse.

Did not know this! Super helpful. Thank you!

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
Should you upgrade all your fleet at once?
No, as @Teboho mentioned, there are other flights (maps) that aren't in the regular display screen. There are alliance flights that only show up occasionally and only if you have a plane to do them (e.g. Antalya). Also, many events have flights for most plane sizes. I found out from @Barkmi4 (Mike) recently how alliance tasks are decided. 1) based on your smallest plane, 2) based on your largest plane and 3) based on the plane you have the most of.

Is it worth greenies to upgrade the hangar?
No. I'm happy to let my planes sit in the stand all day if I'm not using them. Upgrade your control tower and add stands instead to increase your fleet. There is a point where you can't get more land without greenies. Save them for that. I also like to spend greenies on electricity but I wait until they go on sale in the bank (happens occasionally).

Regarding the hangar upgrade, I think it's worth the greenies, as you gonna need that space whatsoever, later in the game when you will gain S1, S2 or S3 plane types. You will not want to lose those planes. As for the cheap planes, I wouldn't spare a greenie for those planes.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Regarding the hangar upgrade, I think it's worth the greenies, as you gonna need that space whatsoever, later in the game when you will gain S1, S2 or S3 plane types. You will not want to lose those planes. As for the cheap planes, I wouldn't spare a greenie for those planes.
Absolutely true and I completely agree. Verna is not at that point with S type planes yet. It will be worth it at that time but until then, there are better things to save greenies for.

Top Bottom