Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Gifts collection is a mess due to the 100 limit. Suggestions?

Not moaning. You will see above I was reacting to sarcasm against another forum member. If you think sarcasm is ok, then....

I hear you @pete blake. Fact is, all these has gone through multiple rounds of discussion, in multiple threads over many previous months creating no useful results yet. We always see this same four categories of people in such conversations:

1. A group of dedicated gamers who loved the game, and knew this 100 limit is not good for the game's future, and raises the voice for the game's good
2. Another group of dedicated gamers who loved the game, who may or may not had the limit from the beginning, and doesn't feel a difference now, hence gleefully acting neutral
3. A third group with not much gaming ambitions and is ready to accept any crap coming on their way. They also believe its GI's game and they can do anything they wish. No its our game, we are the customers and we pay for the services. So we have a rightful say in it.
4. A fourth group with a (bleep)bag load of sarcasms, believing that it makes them look the smartest in the lot. Trust me you cant change them.

Thankfully i haven't wasted much money in this game yet. I have hardly spent may be around $150 so far, but i spent this in the first couple of years of my playing. I have been playing this for more than 3 years now. This is spent by a person who has never ever spent actual money in a game ever. I loved this game that much. I always felt bad about the people who had the 100 item limit. The moment i heard they plan to roll out the limit for every player, i stopped spending my hard earned money in the game. As i know that is a worst move and has got multiple impacts, not just F20. F20s are the most visible, but actually one of the least impacted items. The plot is much bigger than that.

@amir77a . Agree mate. You just need to keep fighting. My decision is: I will continue playing the game, but the next time i spent money in this game will be an hour after GI removed the 100 item limit. If you keep moaning there are always some wise people who will come and start their advice without really understanding what we have all gone through.

@volly. Keep fighting man.

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
Vlad the sound guy isn't too happy, because he put so much effort into new tracks for 7.0, but his career might take to new heights on the underground electronic music scene.
That’s not even funny! Since 7.0 I’m playing with the sound on to listen to Vlad’s amazing work. Haven’t done this since the 1987’s Double Dragon for the original Game Boy, I might add! Now you’re telling me he’s done for? Not cool! And all because of Volly quitting!? Well thanks a lot! :mad:

And I don’t like the underground electronic music scene...

Last edited:

volly

150+ Star Club
@volly. Keep fighting man.
Not fighting nor was i being sarcastic. I was dead serious. I can clearly see free2play has made up his mind and foolishly believes he is right. Its his job, he can do as he wishes. The thing is....there's a funny thing about software development. You only have a job when there are customers for the product.
------
I choose not to play and move on. As a developer myself of many years experience i believe I know what I'm talking about when it comes to software development, user acceptance, and what makes a good product.

Not fighting nor was i being sarcastic. I was dead serious. I can clearly see free2play has made up his mind and foolishly believes he is right. Its his job, he can do as he wishes. The thing is....there's a funny thing about software development. You only have a job when there are customers for the product.
------
I choose not to play and move on. As a developer myself of many years experience i believe I know what I'm talking about when it comes to software development, user acceptance, and what makes a good product.

Totally agree @volly, and i see what you mean. I am also working with Software industry from a project management side specialized in aviation domain. I know exactly what you mean.

Some fairly broad assumptions being made. Yes, Free2play works for GI, but he comes into this forum as a favour to us by keeping us updated. Don’t shoot the messenger. I would bet a months wages that the animosity created by GI’s 100 limit has been passed back up the line to the company decision makers. Without putting words in Ivan’s mouth, I even suspect that he probably isn’t a fan of the decision either. However, as an employee of the company, sharing any negative thoughts with the general public would be a very unwise choice when it comes to employment longevity.

Another thread sliding off track with whining. Yes, they know you’re pi$$ed off - the vast majority of AC addicts in here are. No, they aren’t going to change it back for a few hundred hard core players that feel they’re owed something. If the millions of other players are still handing over their cash, then I’d hate to admit it was a good business decision. I’d like to think that the business will take a hit and they might reconsider more user friendly options, but someone being paid by GI has convincingly put their business case forward and had it implemented. They’ll know soon enough whether it was a success or a failure.

The question raised in this thread creation was not “how can we get rid of the limit?”. The question is, “what ideas/methods have been tried to minimise wastage of time and resources now that the change is in?’ We all have options - quit or modify our game style. Bleat all you like, but the change is in and anyone wanting to continue playing needs to deal with it now.

My though? If people are sending you things you don’t need or want, ditch the neighbour or don’t send back. The vast majority get by with simply editing their game name. If that’s not enough, then do what we all used to do before that editing feature was introduced and keep an updated signature for forum players to read. And lastly, there are many threads in here dealing with item trading - use them.

Last edited:
Some fairly broad assumptions being made. Yes, Free2play works for GI, but he comes into this forum as a favour to us by keeping us updated. Don’t shoot the messenger. I would bet a months wages that the animosity created by GI’s 100 limit has been passed back up the line to the company decision makers. Without putting words in Ivan’s mouth, I even suspect that he probably isn’t a fan of the decision either. However, as an employee of the company, sharing any negative thoughts with the general public would be a very unwise choice when it comes to employment longevity.

Another thread sliding off track with whining. Yes, they know you’re pi$$ed off - the vast majority of AC addicts in here are. No, they aren’t going to change it back for a few hundred hard core players that feel they’re owed something. If the millions of other players are still handing over their cash, then I’d hate to admit it was a good business decision. I’d like to think the business will take a hit and they reconsider more user friendly options, but someone being paid by GI has convincingly put their business case forward and had it implemented. They’ll know soon enough whether it was a success or a failure.

The question raised in this thread creation was not “how can we get rid of the limit?”. The question is, “what ideas/methods have been tried to minimise wastage of time and resources now that the change is in?’ We all have options - quit or modify our game style. Bleat all you like, but the change is in and anyone wanting to continue playing needs to deal with it now.

My though? If people are sending you things you don’t need or want, ditch the neighbour or don’t send back. The vast majority get by with simply editing their game name. If that’s not enough, then do what we all used to do before that editing feature was introduced and keep an updated signature for forum players to read. And lastly, there are many threads in here dealing with item trading - use them.

Well said!

Arggers

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
272ehvl7
Username
Arggers

Another thread sliding off track with whining. Yes, they know you’re pi$$ed off - the vast majority of AC addicts in here are. No, they aren’t going to change it back for a few hundred hard core players that feel they’re owed something. If the millions of other players are still handing over their cash, then I’d hate to admit it was a good business decision. I’d like to think that the business will take a hit and they might reconsider more user friendly options, but someone being paid by GI has convincingly put their business case forward and had it implemented. They’ll know soon enough whether it was a success or a failure.

Bravo, sir 👏👏

Just do what others have done and quit or scale way way back

Or do what others have done and whine on incessantly...

...or do what other others have done and threaten to leave with a massive flounce, only to not....and *then* whine on incessantly...

(not you Dave)

Top Bottom