Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Android GI Reset My Timer/Progress a Few Hours Back

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
So this morning I started my game, and here's what I did:
  • I placed Top 100 for Turkish Coast and Goa, and #5 for Bali Island, and received the rewards and the Medium Bronze Chest containing the 4 Silver Tokens (didn't open yet)
  • My planes returned, and I sent them out again
  • Completed and opened my 2 solar panels
  • Completed the "What Awaits Us" task where I had to collect profits from Pharmacy and get a Medicine drop
  • Visited one of my neighbours (only one), in this case it was @InCoNvEnIeNtE 's mega city
  • Sent a Textbook to one of my neighbours (@david smith)
After the above, I landed 2 guest planes, and closed the game. An hour later I started the game and somehow GI reset the progress made:
  • My Medium Bronze Chest is gone. I can't seem to find it in my Warehouse
  • My 2 solar panels that I have opened, are still in construction
  • The "What Awaits Us" task is still not completed. I'm afraid it registered as completed but doesn't clear the task, which would make the pharmacy to NOT drop the medicine resulting in me couldn't move on to the next task
  • Somehow the game registers me having visited all of my neighbours, while in fact I've only visited one
  • The game also registers me having sent all my gifts, while in fact I've only sent one
I wouldn't mind too much but I'm pretty salty with the disappearing Medium Bronze Chest because I spent time reaching #5 and burned Fuel20 and Fuel50 in the process. That, and the "What Awaits Us" task problem.

How to solve this and where to complain?

PS: Congrats GI, I stopped playing this game 2 years ago, and in less than 2 weeks of coming back from retirement, already a disappointment.

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
Your game hasn't saved the progress and unfortunately any gifts and rewards received are now lost, seems to happen more frequently now. As m22 says visit neighbour (i usualylly vistlit madlen airport) to get it to force save.

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
The game takes a lot more memory now, always visit a neighbour before closing. Otherwise open a ticket with gi and see what they say?
I did visit a neighbour as mentioned above. I don't plan to go through their support ticket system, might as well just continue playing since all I'm missing is just the Bronze Chest. I'm wondering if anyone else got case like this. And if I can't finish the "What Awaits Us" task in a few days due to the bug, I'll just reset my game.

Free2Play should probably investigate this kind of bugs

So this morning I started my game, and here's what I did:
  • I placed Top 100 for Turkish Coast and Goa, and #5 for Bali Island, and received the rewards and the Medium Bronze Chest containing the 4 Silver Tokens (didn't open yet)
  • My planes returned, and I sent them out again
  • Completed and opened my 2 solar panels
  • Completed the "What Awaits Us" task where I had to collect profits from Pharmacy and get a Medicine drop
  • Visited one of my neighbours (only one), in this case it was @InCoNvEnIeNtE 's mega city
  • Sent a Textbook to one of my neighbours (@david smith)
After the above, I landed 2 guest planes, and closed the game. An hour later I started the game and somehow GI reset the progress made:
  • My Medium Bronze Chest is gone. I can't seem to find it in my Warehouse
  • My 2 solar panels that I have opened, are still in construction
  • The "What Awaits Us" task is still not completed. I'm afraid it registered as completed but doesn't clear the task, which would make the pharmacy to NOT drop the medicine resulting in me couldn't move on to the next task
  • Somehow the game registers me having visited all of my neighbours, while in fact I've only visited one
  • The game also registers me having sent all my gifts, while in fact I've only sent one
I wouldn't mind too much but I'm pretty salty with the disappearing Medium Bronze Chest because I spent time reaching #5 and burned Fuel20 and Fuel50 in the process. That, and the "What Awaits Us" task problem.

How to solve this and where to complain?

PS: Congrats GI, I stopped playing this game 2 years ago, and in less than 2 weeks of coming back from retirement, already a disappointment.

RedFox,

Yes, game is still glitchy, especially recently when they changed the Duke's schedule.
Beware when countdown timer hit 0. Better go offline at this time.

Monday mornings are especially unpredictable (when reward chests & Top 100 chest are given out).
It would be advisable to reboot device so that game is fresh before you go online on Monday morning.
If nothing happens, visit a neighbour.

Game sometimes go back in time.
If you play online, game sometimes goes back to previous state. This happened to my iOS game, which crashes frequently too.
Playing offline will usually avoid this, and visiting neighbours before exit the game also helps.

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
@Red Fox One There was a server issue of GI, i was unable to see anyone in Red waiting room for more then hour. All other game features worked well, but it was wierd anyway. I was affraid i lost some ability of the game, but later was all "back online". Might be that in the same time you played the game and the result was that your progress was not saved... :whistle:(n)

Ticket to GI with nice description as you provided here will help (y)

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
Thanks for the tips, @Bali Hi . I'll try to be aware of the countdown timer and about the offline play. Btw when you mentioned countdown timer, which timer is it? The top100 timer, special offers timer, fuel timer?

Could very well be, @Gt city . I can let go of the Bronze chest :cry: , just hoping the "What Awaits Us" task doesn't bug me out.

Thanks for the tips, @Bali Hi . I'll try to be aware of the countdown timer and about the offline play. Btw when you mentioned countdown timer, which timer is it? The top100 timer, special offers timer, fuel timer?

Could very well be, @Gt city . I can let go of the Bronze chest :cry: , just hoping the "What Awaits Us" task doesn't bug me out.

I'm referring to the Duke's timer.
I never experienced it myself, but there are a lot of forum players who report having problems when they play online while the timer sets to 0.

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
I'm referring to the Duke's timer.
I never experienced it myself, but there are a lot of forum players who report having problems when they play online while the timer sets to 0.
Interesting. Incidentally I did finish the Airship Dock back then and the airship arrived. I didn't pay too much attention and the day this problem happened was the day when the airship is supposed to be gone, if I remember correctly..

Interesting. Incidentally I did finish the Airship Dock back then and the airship arrived. I didn't pay too much attention and the day this problem happened was the day when the airship is supposed to be gone, if I remember correctly..

RedFox,

You know what, the "game reset" happened to me today for both Android & iOS games!

1) Bali Hi (Android) moved back 6 hours when I got online in the morning (Game moved back to midnight state, all Falcons still in flight, Spyglass and Biz class still active!!).

2) BaliOS got online this evening, timer already beeping to use catalyst. But when I opened the game, planes moved back about 30 minutes.

Usually I may not have noticed this things, but the timer got my attention, and the fact that Spy Glass is still active after a 7 hour sleep is quite unusual.

I think GI is tinkering with the Duke's timing, because these things happen when he arrives / leaves!

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
@Bali Hi seems like the disease is spreading to your cities now :ROFLMAO:

But in my case though, when I opened the game, it was normal, and I even visited a neighbour before exiting the game. It resetted (to the state of the night before) the next time I opened it.

Top Bottom