Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Getting thrown off a launch!

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Friend Code
23igolyq
Username
A Disco
Bit of a rant now....

Joined a launch from a neighbour earlier. I checked on here and could see no mention of the launch from that player but I don't have many friends at the moment on this forum that I can see.

Anyway, he/she had added 576 points (blue launch) I almost never overtake the leader but I do make sure I can get 3rd place at worst so added circa 136 points (can't remember exactly but its all I had without using main stabiliser which would take me close to his total) and then logged off. There were 23 hours to go when I logged off. I came on again about an hour later knowing that I had things I could add again only to find I have been booted from the launch.....

Why/how is that fair? I get the etiquette that I've read on here. I'd hate it if someone overtook me but I'd make sure I couldn't be overtaken before starting one. I used the term "almost never" above. THat is the one occassion when after joining a launch almost immediately after someone else started, after 16 hours and me about to go to bed the "Captain" hadn't even added 500 points so I used my Powerful bolts and finished the launch to make sure i didn't waste what I had spent all day putting in.

Like I say, get the etiquette but booting someone for no obvious reason is pretty distasteful..... if you got the bits you'd put in back i'd be happier, but you don't....

I also get the benefit of following and joining a launch from this forum but most aren't on it..

Its clearly a team game at that stage, hence you can join a launch but the fact you can then boot people off is really crap. Especially when you can't communicate with them to tell them why and or refund the points/equipment they have put in.

Rant over.....

I take it there is no chance of getting them back?
There is a way of getting them back...
Fly to Cape Caneveral, North and South Observatory, Jiuquan, Plesetsk; visit astronaut academy, training centers, planetariums and cosmic fuel stations.

Do this for the whole month and you will get more than what you lost.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Obiwan1664
Username
Obiwan1664
Put 480 points into a launch that had not even reached half way. Got kicked, no idea why.
Frustrating that you lose your items. Have written to Tech support for an explanation, but it would seem by this forum nothing will come of it.

Put 480 points into a launch that had not even reached half way. Got kicked, no idea why.
Frustrating that you lose your items. Have written to Tech support for an explanation, but it would seem by this forum nothing will come of it.

support could not help you.
Except if you are owner of the space launch, the kick is at the mood of the owner of the launchs.
If you find this unfair, support could do nothing, nor bring any explanation.

Try to understand why (480 was not overpassing first seat, but you could overpass 2nd or third seat). Could be a private launch (if name tagged with private).
Or more basically in this time of event rush, you could have launched (or almost launched) a launch with only 1QL or no QL, and the owner would have wanted to prevent that
If on the forum, try to contact him directly.

And if you find this still unfair, just kick the owner of your friend list.

The issue I have, is that you lose your items. Surely it can’t be that hard for the game to be changed so that they refund.
Thats why most people on the forum, launch with people they know. A lot here only have forum neighbours. They know the rules. Doesnt mean they always stick to them but they are more likely too. Noone else knows what the rules are. Never see it on Faceache. You lose items tes. Just think, good thing you didnt put in a couple of peb or you'd lose those too!

The issue I have, is that you lose your items. Surely it can’t be that hard for the game to be changed so that they refund.

this is the gameplay rule.
I don't think G! has in mind to refund kicked players at all.

(Just imagin why, you want to highjack a launch. If you are kicked, you will lose the items you spent to steal the first place. so this is a risk you are taking.
if the game refund systematically the items, then there is no more risk of trying any highjack.
It would be hell !)

As Madge suggest, try to use the forum to find launches and friends with defined rule, and avoid non forum launches, it would be better for your play.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04r8329h
Username
Marc
I just got booted from a launch, by a neighbor, for no apparent reason. No worries, as I removed them, but adding help to complete a launch I guess pisses some people off. I was not in the launch for points or placement.

I just got booted from a launch, by a neighbor, for no apparent reason. No worries, as I removed them, but adding help to complete a launch I guess pisses some people off. I was not in the launch for points or placement.
That is why there is a strong advice in this forum to only launch with forum members and people you know.

Why, you may ask?
  1. We respect each other (at least most of us)
  2. We have specific rules (which we all try to follow)
  3. We are courteous
  4. We support each other in any way we can
  5. We are grateful for every little help we get

Contravention of the above is good enough to be shunned and get deleted as a neighbour.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04r8329h
Username
Marc
That is why there is a strong advice in this forum to only launch with forum members and people you know.

Why, you may ask?
  1. We respect each other (at least most of us)
  2. We have specific rules (which we all try to follow)
  3. We are courteous
  4. We support each other in any way we can
  5. We are grateful for every little help we get

Contravention of the above is good enough to be shunned and get deleted as a neighbour.

Thanks for the advice and reminder! This forum has welcomed me and it's been an excellent source of information. I'm only launching with members of this forum, going forward.

Top Bottom