Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Get Forum Alerts on you Mobile/Tablet as a Notification

Have spent the best part of today setting this all up and getting it working, and I must say its a very good feature!

Receive forum alerts on your mobile/tablet as notifications! So anytime someone @username, or replies to your post or sends you a message - you will get a notification on your device! No more waiting for emails!

pb1.jpg
po1.jpg
po2.jpg
po3.jpg
po4.jpg

There are two ways of doing this.

1) Using Pushbullet. This is available for Android, iOS, Windows and Desktop. Simply visit their site, register for free and download the appto your phone.

Once you have the app installed, visit "External Accounts" in your forum profile, and select "Associate with Pushbullet". Input your user key which is given to you when you register at their site and you're good to go!

Pushbullet is completely free to use. No charges at all.

2) Using Pushover. This is available for Android, iOS or Desktop. Simply visit their site, register for free and download the app to your phone.

Once you have the app installed, visit "External Accounts" in your forum profile, and select "Associate with Pushover". Input your user key which is given to you when you register at their site and you're good to go!

Pushover gives you a 5 day free trial then if you wish to continue you need to purchase the full app for $4.99 - This is for lifetime use.

Hope you enjoy, let me know what you think!

Disclaimer - I hate to do this, but there is a limit to the amount of notifications the forum can send each month, and that's set at 7500 notifications from each provider. Im hoping we wont go over that, but if that is the case, I may have to look at restricting this feature to VIP Flyers.

eat007

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ahkdwlo , 04fsgyc9
Username
erik1itemneeded, erik2itemneeded
I've also installed pushbullet some days ago. Works like a charm. A satisfying little ping when a new message has arrived and quicker than emails (y). And indeed no more piles of emails into my gmail account. I like it :).

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
I like the notifications but, after getting so many on a few threads (literally 15+ in one hour a couple days ago), I "unwatched" those threads and will depend instead on the Alerts tab to see which posts are relevant to the game and which are just off-topic chat. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there's anything wrong with off-topic chat -- I just don't like getting pinged on my iPhone every time one occurs.
Cheers,
Tom

melony

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lbt7wk
Username
melony
Has anyone given this a try yet?

Remember, if you go for option 1 using pushbullet, it wont cost you a penny!

Must say its great receiving all my forum alerts as notifications on my phone and tablet!

Hi. When I click on 'associate with pushbullet' I get sent to a blank screen. What am I doing wrong?

Device
  1. Facebook
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Username
Andy Odysseos (Andy Rocks) pic
Have spent the best part of today setting this all up and getting it working, and I must say its a very good feature!

Receive forum alerts on your mobile/tablet as notifications! So anytime someone @username, or replies to your post or sends you a message - you will get a notification on your device! No more waiting for emails!

1) Using Pushbullet. This is available for Android, iOS, Windows and Desktop. Simply visit their site, register for free and download the appto your phone.

Once you have the app installed, visit "External Accounts" in your forum profile, and select "Associate with Pushbullet". Input your user key which is given to you when you register at their site and you're good to go!

2) Using Pushover. This is available for Android, iOS or Desktop. Simply visit their site, register for free and download the app to your phone.

Once you have the app installed, visit "External Accounts" in your forum profile, and select "Associate with Pushover". Input your user key which is given to you when you register at their site and you're good to go!

Pushover gives you a 5 day free trial then if you wish to continue you need to purchase the full app for $4.99 - This is for lifetime use.

Disclaimer - I hate to do this, but there is a limit to the amount of notifications the forum can send each month, and that's set at 7500 notifications from each provider. Im hoping we wont go over that, but if that is the case, I may have to look at restricting this feature to VIP Flyers.

Device
  1. Facebook
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Username
Andy Odysseos (Andy Rocks) pic
Good Morning, I have followed the above and have downloaded Pushover to my handset and also managed to follow your kind instructions and intergrate it with the forum. My question is and please forgive me if it sounds stupid, however, I'm a newbie to all this but a very quick learner. My device number which, of course, is tracked back to my mobile can this and is this used as my code which I can post for players to locate me and add me as a friend / neighbor to the game? or is the device number just specific for my handset and the integration between that and this forum when game messages are sent. I have seen people use this type of code in various other group pages and was wondering if this can be used for that specific purpose. If not maybe you or one can explain if this is possible and how to go about locating this code. Many thanks and I hope I have not confused you or any other person reading my above. Best wishes Andy

Good Morning, I have followed the above and have downloaded Pushover to my handset and also managed to follow your kind instructions and intergrate it with the forum. My question is and please forgive me if it sounds stupid, however, I'm a newbie to all this but a very quick learner. My device number which, of course, is tracked back to my mobile can this and is this used as my code which I can post for players to locate me and add me as a friend / neighbor to the game? or is the device number just specific for my handset and the integration between that and this forum when game messages are sent. I have seen people use this type of code in various other group pages and was wondering if this can be used for that specific purpose. If not maybe you or one can explain if this is possible and how to go about locating this code. Many thanks and I hope I have not confused you or any other person reading my above. Best wishes Andy

Hi Andy,
If this code is the one within the actual Airport City game, then that is the code you can give to people to add you as a friend. I havent got my tablet to hand to tell you the exact screen where you can find it, but im sure someone else in the mean time will be able to point you in the right direction.

Top Bottom