Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Game freezes on startup

Davejoyg

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Username
davejoyg, djg#
Game version 4.8.8.0
Two different computers, both running Windows 10
6 different airports

When loading I get past the flash screen and the issue starts (a little different each time)
1st time, locks up on the days of activity screen
2nd and all remaining times of loading the game locks when the planes reach the end of the runway. (the daily activity screen does not appear)

On two airports, after several reboots and reloads of the game the planes progressed closer to the end of the runway and when they finally reached the end everything worked on the next game load.

I'm putting a ticket into GI tonight

Last edited:

Davejoyg

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Username
davejoyg, djg#

I sent in a ticket at the same time as the original post but so far no response other than the automated emails.
As of late last night a few more of my airports started working again...a bit glitchy...but working. Most gifts are not going out from what I can see, Only one airport is not working now. I sent out about 110 chainsaws (I have a total of 8 airports) last night but from this mornings review of airports I only saw two accounts that I received from (I send to my own accounts along with outside neighbors).

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
I sent in a ticket at the same time as the original post but so far no response other than the automated emails.
As of late last night a few more of my airports started working again...a bit glitchy...but working. Most gifts are not going out from what I can see, Only one airport is not working now. I sent out about 110 chainsaws (I have a total of 8 airports) last night but from this mornings review of airports I only saw two accounts that I received from (I send to my own accounts along with outside neighbors).
Ok, let me know the ticket number, when you will get it, and post also a time, when you send first ticket and got auto answer. Tag me, so i can easily find it. Thanks (y)

Davejoyg

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Username
davejoyg, djg#
@Gt city
Ticket # 7663986
Created Oct 10th (sorry do have the exact time...was late so probably around 2200)
Auto Response 1 Oct 10, 05:25 MSK (22:25 EST)
Auto Response 2 Oct 11, 05:25 MSK (22:25 EST)
Official response received Oct 12, 20:16 MSK (13:16 EST) looking for log files from the game. Will send out tonight

Kamikaze

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. None of the above
Friend Code
azu6g2g
Username
Kamikaze

Today (in fact just now) started up and still freeze screen, after 3 times restarting, it suddenly works.
Now i'm back in the running with a delay of 4 days.

Android game always gets back in time (planes have to get back in the air etc) this after shutdown the game and restarted a few hours later...

Device
  1. iPad
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
w 6 l n f r b
Username
Akims
I had the same thing happen Monday I think. I restored a saved from a week ago. It cost me my progress on the event but I was able to move on. The only thing that I could tell that was different from my "freeze version" the save game was the volcano and surrounding had changed. Needless to say, I am trying to save game every night before bed.

Davejoyg

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Username
davejoyg, djg#
Still not working on one airport. GI asked for specs on the PC yesterday. The other airports are not sending gifts anymore...at least not that I can tell. I'll dig into this a bit further this weekend.

Davejoyg

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Username
davejoyg, djg#
Thought I should post an update on this issue.
GI was elevating the ticket as of the evening of Saturday the 15th. Seems they are not sure of the cause yet. Only one game is not working at this point.

Davejoyg

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Username
davejoyg, djg#
So here is the final response from GI

Dear player,

With the latest update we introduced some new features to the game that increased the system requirements to smoothly run Airport City. In this light some of the devices have become incompatible with the game including the model that you're using. I'll be glad to transfer your game progress to a compatible device in case you have one.

To begin the transfer, send me your friend codes for both of the games from the old and new devices. You can easily find it here: tap Sociality (the button with 3 people in the bottom menu) → press another button with 3 people → choose the Add Friend tab.

With this piece of information I'll be able to match your game data and figure out a solution for you!
And if you are wondering about my PC specs....
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Version 1607 OS Build 14393.321
Intel i5-3570 3.4GHz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX 650 (latest Win10 Driver)

Best part is they ignored that I have several other airports that are running fine on other accounts within the same PC. I was very clear about that in my discussion with GI

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Version 1607 OS Build 14393.321
Intel i5-3570 3.4GHz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX 650 (latest Win10 Driver)
AHAHAHA!
So I guess you have to downgrade into playing some less hardware-demanding games, like The Witcher 3 or Fallout 4 because you can't quite match with cutting-edge technology of Airport City!

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
Mine freezes up as well. I've rebooted my pc, re-opened the game at least twenty times. I restored yesterday's game, no change...

Needless to say with only two items left on the Cold War collection to complete the event and with only three days left in the event, the timing is really poor... :drowning:

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
204zj1df
Username
a jim s
I am starting to wonder if the game is having problems managing the memory it is grabbing. I will watch existing tickets to see if knowledge appears at GI.

Win 10 game, without Duke is still frozen, but acquiring memory.

Win 8.1 game, with Duke, but without road, is running, with much more memory.

Top Bottom