Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Fix the bugs! -wings of love update

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
In the hopes that someone from Game Insight reads this forum, I've got a great idea. Fix the bugs! Try releasing an update that has no new quests or other features - just some bug fixes. I'd be happy to give up the next quest in favour of making the game work like it should.

The game has become nearly unplayable.

I can't identify who most of my friends are. This frustrates me since I spent time creating a detailed list of who has what buildings so that I could visit the right people to complete collections.

This also makes it difficult for gifting. I've got a list of who needs what but can't find them in my friend list. And what's the deal with android players being able to change their usernames but not IOS players?

When the friends show up as username, they aren't listed at the right level and some of their buildings are missing from view.

With the latest update, more than half of the friends in my list have the visit button greyed out so I can't visit them. For those who don't have it greyed out, there is a 50/50 chance that the game will hang, I'll get kicked out and I'll lose progress.

The missions are near impossible to complete - 120 jumbo flights in 10 days?!? Have you tried to do this? Even if I changed all my planes to jumbos, there Re still lots of flights for deltas, and smaller planes that would never get complete.

Also on the missions, you often make them so they require access to buildings which aren't available on an iPad. This wouldn't be a huge problem on its own but when you recall all the problems with visiting friends it becomes impossible to achieve. The "wings of love" mission requires access to a conservatory which isn't available in the iPad game and of my 150ish friends, there are only two and I can only visit one of them if I don't get kicked out of the game.

Drop rates are horrible or non existent. I've flown almost constant flights to Dubai to complete a flight catering facility and while the game claims you can get a defroster from this flight, I don't believe it. I have flown more than 200 flights to Dubai and not received a single one. In the "wings of love" mission, I get one set of pruning shears for every two people I visit, so maybe 4 shears per day. Then, I get about one flower after using about 10 sets of pruning shears.

I'm getting tired of the problems and will no longer spend money on the game until these issues are fixed and I encourage everyone else to do the same.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Username
Ndh2, Ndh4
In the hopes that someone from Game Insight reads this forum, I've got a great idea. Fix the bugs! Try releasing an update that has no new quests or other features - just some bug fixes. I'd be happy to give up the next quest in favour of making the game work like it should.

The game has become nearly unplayable.

I can't identify who most of my friends are. This frustrates me since I spent time creating a detailed list of who has what buildings so that I could visit the right people to complete collections.

This also makes it difficult for gifting. I've got a list of who needs what but can't find them in my friend list. And what's the deal with android players being able to change their usernames but not IOS players?

When the friends show up as username, they aren't listed at the right level and some of their buildings are missing from view.

With the latest update, more than half of the friends in my list have the visit button greyed out so I can't visit them. For those who don't have it greyed out, there is a 50/50 chance that the game will hang, I'll get kicked out and I'll lose progress.

The missions are near impossible to complete - 120 jumbo flights in 10 days?!? Have you tried to do this? Even if I changed all my planes to jumbos, there Re still lots of flights for deltas, and smaller planes that would never get complete.

Also on the missions, you often make them so they require access to buildings which aren't available on an iPad. This wouldn't be a huge problem on its own but when you recall all the problems with visiting friends it becomes impossible to achieve. The "wings of love" mission requires access to a conservatory which isn't available in the iPad game and of my 150ish friends, there are only two and I can only visit one of them if I don't get kicked out of the game.

Drop rates are horrible or non existent. I've flown almost constant flights to Dubai to complete a flight catering facility and while the game claims you can get a defroster from this flight, I don't believe it. I have flown more than 200 flights to Dubai and not received a single one. In the "wings of love" mission, I get one set of pruning shears for every two people I visit, so maybe 4 shears per day. Then, I get about one flower after using about 10 sets of pruning shears.

I'm getting tired of the problems and will no longer spend money on the game until these issues are fixed and I encourage everyone else to do the same.
As an iPad player and a Neighbour of yours Chloe11111, I feel the same I have been randomly kick out of the game 6 times so far today, and lost so many drop items lately because you lose progress, it's bad enough if the game was completely free but like you, I am a paying player these issues need to be fixed, how is it possible to have these updates that are making the game go backwards at a rapid rate. GI get people that no what they are doing.

Helen Elizabeth

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Username
Happy Helen
As an iPad player and a Neighbour of yours Chloe11111, I feel the same I have been randomly kick out of the game 6 times so far today, and lost so many drop items lately because you lose progress, it's bad enough if the game was completely free but like you, I am a paying player these issues need to be fixed, how is it possible to have these updates that are making the game go backwards at a rapid rate. GI get people that no what they are doing.
Chloe11111

Really understand all your frustrations, not much I can say to help other than we are all experiencing the same!
Hang in there :D

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Mcmanda
Username
Mcmanda
It must be hard to maintain different sets of code ( different versions for iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle, facebook, etc.). GI should really consolidate everything, standardize the game across platforms, and work on bug fixes.(Hey ... if they put in work to do that, it would be less work later on!)

1) The username/greyed out visit box is a HUGE detriment to the game.
2) Drop rates are atrocious. I haven't finished my hotel, because shampoo doesn't drop from anywhere and it's not giftable. I can't finish my fuel station because you need 3 sets of 6 reinforced somethings that don't drop from Thailand. And my duty free shop? Also unfinished because I've mastered (plus some) every flight that says drops anti-theft gates, but nope. Still need 3. "Very seldom" should not mean "only when hell freezes".
2b) And special mission drop rates? Beyond awful. The Christmas mission was awful because the sucky drop rates just kept adding up (- seldom drops from elves, seldom drops from Lapland, seldom drops from each continent. You were luck to even get to fly to a specific continent.) And the Valentine's mission isn't much better; the flowers are just like the elves.

Instead of forcing people to spend real money to make the game playable they should really focus on putting out a good product that people WANT to spend real money on.

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero
It must be hard to maintain different sets of code ( different versions for iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle, facebook, etc.). GI should really consolidate everything, standardize the game across platforms, and work on bug fixes.(Hey ... if they put in work to do that, it would be less work later on!)

1) The username/greyed out visit box is a HUGE detriment to the game.
2) Drop rates are atrocious. I haven't finished my hotel, because shampoo doesn't drop from anywhere and it's not giftable. I can't finish my fuel station because you need 3 sets of 6 reinforced somethings that don't drop from Thailand. And my duty free shop? Also unfinished because I've mastered (plus some) every flight that says drops anti-theft gates, but nope. Still need 3. "Very seldom" should not mean "only when hell freezes".
2b) And special mission drop rates? Beyond awful. The Christmas mission was awful because the sucky drop rates just kept adding up (- seldom drops from elves, seldom drops from Lapland, seldom drops from each continent. You were luck to even get to fly to a specific continent.) And the Valentine's mission isn't much better; the flowers are just like the elves.

Instead of forcing people to spend real money to make the game playable they should really focus on putting out a good product that people WANT to spend real money on.

This game is played by me and many other players without spending a buck... Yes it takes time, but hey time enough :)
And for the non dropping items, maybe use a perk to increase the droprate? That works good on the rare items. And otherwise use the greenies to buy them.

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Mcmanda
Username
Mcmanda
Oh, no doubt it can be played without spending real money. I won't spend real money on it. Haven't. But it's like GI tries to make the game as hard a possible and is reluctant to fix the bugs because people DO spend real money on fixing what should already be in the game.

And for the non dropping items, maybe use a perk to increase the droprate? That works good on the rare items. And otherwise use the greenies to buy them.
Nope. You have to complete collections to get a perk. To complete collections you need things to drop. It's like the iOS space mission circle all over again.

Or you spend greens to buy them or the perk. Except I'm not spending my money for green dollars, and the green dollars I get from weekend codes I save for land expansions.

See how GI is trying to manipulate people into buying green dollars? I will not buy into that.

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero
Oh, no doubt it can be played without spending real money. I won't spend real money on it. Haven't. But it's like GI tries to make the game as hard a possible and is reluctant to fix the bugs because people DO spend real money on fixing what should already be in the game.

Nope. You have to complete collections to get a perk. To complete collections you need things to drop. It's like the iOS space mission circle all over again.

Or you spend greens to buy them or the perk. Except I'm not spending my money for green dollars, and the green dollars I get from weekend codes I save for land expansions.

See how GI is trying to manipulate people into buying green dollars? I will not buy into that.

So than its just a matter of priorities where you spend ur greens on.
Its what i told you, not so hard to get the rare items. You only need to spend ur greens on it...
And offcourse GI makes the droprates hard on some items, they do this for the money. Its not a charity institution :)

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Mcmanda
Username
Mcmanda
And offcourse GI makes the droprates hard on some items

Ha, that's generous. It's not that they make the droprates hard, it's that they make them near impossible, especially for lower level players or players that don't have a neighbor network of 200 people that can help.

I'm not advocating that GI not make money. I just think it makes more sense to have a quality game that people WANT to spend money on, rather than FORCING people to spend money just to keep up or have a chance at finishing a mission or completing a building. That is the exact wrong way you should run a company. You even said it yourself - "you only need to spend greens". That is what's wrong.

You are obviously much more amiable than I. If there weren't a network here of people that are incredibly helpful and hold many of the same complaints (which is my only hope that they'll ever get fixed), I would have quit looooooong ago.

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero
Ha, that's generous. It's not that they make the droprates hard, it's that they make them near impossible, especially for lower level players or players that don't have a neighbor network of 200 people that can help.

I'm not advocating that GI not make money. I just think it makes more sense to have a quality game that people WANT to spend money on, rather than FORCING people to spend money just to keep up or have a chance at finishing a mission or completing a building. That is the exact wrong way you should run a company. You even said it yourself - "you only need to spend greens". That is what's wrong.

You are obviously much more amiable than I. If there weren't a network here of people that are incredibly helpful and hold many of the same complaints (which is my only hope that they'll ever get fixed), I would have quit looooooong ago.

Im far from happy how they manage this game!
I complained more than all of the members here to GI, but they just dont care. Its indeed ridiculous how they run this game... But now playing more than a year... Ive seen all kinda weird crap/bugs :confused:
But its better to accept it, cause they wont change their mentality (sadly)

Thats also the reason why we formed this community, we need each other :)

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Mcmanda
Username
Mcmanda
But its better to accept it, cause they wont change their mentality (sadly)
No, I don't believe that.

If everyone collectively stopped giving them what they wanted (money to do things that should already be achievable in the game on a basic level), or complained enough, or stopped playing, they'd get the message and be forced to make a change. Voting with your wallet and all that.

Accepting it because they won't change their mind is just giving up and letting them win and continue to provide a crappy product.

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero
No, I don't believe that.

If everyone collectively stopped giving them what they wanted (money to do things that should already be achievable in the game on a basic level), or complained enough, or stopped playing, they'd get the message and be forced to make a change. Voting with your wallet and all that.

Accepting it because they won't change their mind is just giving up and letting them win and continue to provide a crappy product.

What you propose cant be achieved. Its true. But how do you think to achieve this?
How do you get in contact with all paying players?

GI is not only making money with this game, so how about that?

I still hope that they change thanks to all bad updates and the replies they get from that. Some manager or whatever should see this kinda fuckups also. And 1+1=2 i hope than...
But it takes them allready so long!!!! So im almost giving it up yeah

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
c1k0mq (that's a zero, not a letter)
Username
BEW0072 Airport

To support what Aero says, many of us who are high levels experienced the same frustrations you have when we were just beginning but we did it with MANY more bugs to deal with and we didn't have the luxury of this site to meet fellow players. All we had was the crap people posted on Facebook, half of which was total BS. Yeah, some of the missions are impossible to fully complete, even for us players at Level 40, but you do what you can.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
i0vo6d
Username
lister:Item needed
Personally I've found the drop rates to be alright on this mission (unless I've just been lucky, tho I guess it could be an Ipad thing), much better than previous missions (STILL haven't got wax to complete the great seal), I'd rather have a few more days and the drop rates be lower to give us more time to collect the Riviera stars!

Top Bottom