Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Android Event Dragon arise problem with gifts

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04narpbod
Username
Jan van Baaren
In this event fans are needed to make event flights. When these fans are sent to me by neighbors, these gift appear as fans. BUT .... when clicking the button "take" the fans are no longer there, but are being replaced by firecrackers
With other gifts like nav module, strobe, land lamp, etc.... these gifts, once accepted are added to the store.
But with the fans and firecrackers nothing is added at all.
I think this is a bug. Please look at this video.

I have reported this problem to.tech support. This is how Valery replied. I am not sure with this answer. That would mean a player won't receive what him is being sent. I also am not sure if she understood the problem.

Hi, Jan!
Each player has an individual set of items to send as gifts to neighbors.
In case you receive a present from a neighbor and use the Send in return button to make a present, you will give this player not the same item but the one from the list of your available gifts.
Let me know in case any additional questions arise!

TimP

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Tech Support is 100% right on this.
Everyone can either send Fans or Firecrakers, but not both. You see in your own git list what you can send (I assume Firecrackers), so the game does here work as it is intended and has been with events with two event items for a long time.
For the other player it is then just bad luck that you can only send back the other item and not the one he send to you.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
@Jejevb The answer from tech support is correct. If you look in the gifts area, you will see that only firecrackers appear. Each player can send only one or the other - fans OR firecrackers.

So, when you get a fan, you get the fan. You can check your inventory and you will see that it has increased by one fan. But since "fan" isn't in the list of gifts you can send, the game gives you the option of sending back what you CAN send.

This is not new or broken behavior

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04narpbod
Username
Jan van Baaren
I suppose that when someone send me a fan, I'd receive a fan. Not a firecracker as happens now

TimP

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
I suppose that when someone send me a fan, I'd receive a fan. Not a firecracker as happens now
Check your inventory before you hit the "Take"-Button. Remember the No. of Fans you have into it, than press "take", and then the inventory should show Fans +1 then before. You get the item what is shown, you just can send a different one back.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04narpbod
Username
Jan van Baaren
Check your inventory before you hit the "Take"-Button. Remember the No. of Fans you have into it, than press "take", and then the inventory should show Fans +1 then before. You get the item what is shown, you just can send a different one back.
Thank you Tim. Did you see my video?

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04narpbod
Username
Jan van Baaren
On some rare occasions the game doesn't refresh as expected. If you started with 17 fans before accepting the new ones have you closed the dialog and rechecked or restarted the game and rechecked?
Yes, I did. No fans added. Question still is why fans change into firecrackers. If somebody sends me another type of item, I receive exact the same item. No changes.

TimP

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Yes, I did. No fans added. Question still is why fans change into firecrackers. If somebody sends me another type of item, I receive exact the same item. No changes.
As written above: this happens ONLY in Events, where are two different Event items available.
Everyone has either Fans or Firecrackers in his gift list, never both.
For you it is obvious that you can send only Firecrackers.

There are now two possibilities:
1) if someone sends you a firecracker, the firecracker goes into your inventory and you can directly send a firecracker back, because it is in your gift list.
2) someone sends you a fan, the fans goes into your inventory (or at least should go), but as you can only send fans the Item for the send back only changes into a Firecracker because it is the item you have in your gift list list at the exact spot for this event.

This behaviour only applies to Event items, and already for many years, but not for other flight items as those everyone has in his gift list.

They change to what you can gift in reciprocation, I still do not have the ability to send gyroscopes but if someone send me one and I receive it it does change to altimeter which is the equivalent opposite of the gyroscope.

this is a game feature way back games could send either P10 or F20 and those with F20 accounts were more coveted and still way back accounts could send either tesla lightning rod or stabiliser on none but some other weather item and games with the ability to send TLR or stab were scarce. This is the lottery of the game which gets assigned upon singing up.

My advice: don't loose sleep over it, it's either or and never both and pilots understand that and won't hold it against you...

You posted the same question on one of the Facebook groups and you got the same answers.

Your video does not show your inventory before you collect.

They do not change, you get the fan but you can only send back a firecracker in return.

Re check you inventory for both fans and firecrackers before accepting, re do the video making sure you include the fan/firecrackers inventory, then accept your gifts and re check your inventory numbers.

The game has been like this since the day it started, some gifts are like this too -

If you do have a genuine bug then it needs to be shown in the video fully from before where you start

Top Bottom