Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Easy aviation entertainment/fun for the weekend....

Want me to keep updating or you think it is a waste of bandwith?

• Update, please, I love it!

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Leave me the f§$% alone with that rubbish!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
Looking at some websites it seems to indicate that LX has single type payscales, thus overcomes a major obstacle, however looking at its own site and pilot employments sites all indicate that short haul and long haul are different pilot operations, but direct entry is only through the short haul A32S aircraft then progression to long haul A330/A340. I still have my doubts but if you know LX pilots that do this then it must be true.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
91h526
Username
Melanie <3
The words you are looking for here are "Cross Crew Qualification" which also makes sense read as "Crew Cross Qualification"!
These regulations allow a pilot to fly two similar aircraft with a different type rating, like A320 pilots who also fly A330s and A330 pilots who also fly A340s.
It is entirely possible under these rules for all pilots to fly all types in the (modern) Airbus fleet, from the A320 family right up to the A340-600.
Provided the pilot has completed a differences course for the appropriate type, CCQ is then done. There are currency regulations (flying each type every so often to stay current) which is not the case with the 757/767.
Companies who excercise these benefits are utilising "Mixed Fleet Flying" (MFF) which has large training cost savings compared with flying different types.
In the UK for example Monarch, Thomas Cook and MyTravel use MFF, with A320/321 pilots also qualified to fly the A332.

Those info are from a few years ago as well as my knowledge about LX pilots, but the regulations have not changed. :)

SAS had at least plans to do that, but I really don't know if it happened or not.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Username
Uncle Mans
Nobody liked my rapping FA??? :(

I liked it once I got around to clicking it.

Two things I especially noticed:
1. The FA saying he couldn't sing, but then he rapped. I have friends who would be angry about that.
2. The CEO having the FA come up during the company meeting. Granted, I don't personally know many CEOs, but that was hard to imagine for a lot of big companies.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Username
Uncle Mans
Well, it's Southwest after all... :p

I'm not sure if my response is "True" or "But still..." ;)

No, I am not interested in a photoshooting if your email address contains the word "jailbait". Serious!!!!

I just noticed this in your signature...I'm not sure if it is explained somewhere, but between the picture thread and this quote, I think you might deserve your own forum subtopic. :ROFLMAO:

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
91h526
Username
Melanie <3
Right then, it is the weekend, yeah. And as I have nothing else to do then to rebuild my computer, again, here is some new easy entertainment for you>

Ever wanted to know the easiest way to get into Area 51? Yes, that Area 51.... Nothing easier than that, fly Janet>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_(airline)

:)

http://www.lazygranch.com/janair.htm

http://www.dreamlandresort.com/info/janet.html

Hope you like it

PS Oh, and if anyone is any good with Backtrack 5R2 or R3, Ubuntu 12,06 and Broadcom wireless cards, please, send a pm (y)

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Username
Uncle Mans
Right then, it is the weekend, yeah. And as I have nothing else to do then to rebuild my computer, again, here is some new easy entertainment for you>

Ever wanted to know the easiest way to get into Area 51? Yes, that Area 51.... Nothing easier than that, fly Janet>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_(airline)

http://www.lazygranch.com/janair.htm

http://www.dreamlandresort.com/info/janet.html

Hope you like it

PS Oh, and if anyone is any good with Backtrack 5R2 or R3, Ubuntu 12,06 and Broadcom wireless cards, please, send a pm (y)

There is no Area 51...Nothing to see here...Move along. :)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
91h526
Username
Melanie <3
So, it has been a while since I posted and the deafening silence here makes me aware how much you missed me. :unsure:

Anyway, I was away and I met yet another very interesting person. And this meeting reminded me of my one and only meeting with a woman who had a great influence on me and my decisions about my future path in regards of studies and work. She died in 2009, so you can guess that I was very young when I met her but nonetheless it was and is very important to me. So, for all the ones that still don't know whom I talking about, please meet Mrs. Nancy-Bird Walton:

And the way Qantas honored her:

Enjoy!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
So, it has been a while since I posted and the deafening silence here makes me aware how much you missed me. :unsure:
Anyway, I was away and I met yet another very interesting person. And this meeting reminded me of my one and only meeting with a woman who had a great influence on me and my decisions about my future path in regards of studies and work. She died in 2009, so you can guess that I was very young when I met her but nonetheless it was and is very important to me. So, for all the ones that still don't know whom I talking about, please meet Mrs. Nancy-Bird Walton:
And the way Qanats (well at least you did not spell it with a "u";) ) honored her:
Enjoy!
Yippee it must mean you have put your computer back together.:)
Welcome back.(y)
Yes she was a tough bird and how VH-OQA (Singapore Sling) handled the QF32 incident is a testament to her name. There is a letter to Qantas from Nancy's carer after her death, at the Qantas museum at SYD - T3, that showed how much it meant to Nancy that the first QF A380 was named after her.

OT: QF planes receive some monikers that insiders know, an informal list:
747-438 VH-OJH (The Bunker Buster) QF1 BKK overrun.
747-438 VH-OJK (Apollo 13) QF30 oxygen tank explosion.
3 second hand 747-400 were referred to as "The Ugly Sisters"
And there are others as well.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
91h526
Username
Melanie <3
it must mean you have put your computer back together.:)
Not really, I am now running a Ubuntu that does not like my wireless card, a BackTrack5R3 that actually works. Now fiddling with Kali Linux to replace BackTrack and as soon as I know how to generate a bootable Windows ISO, I am going to install Windows 7 Ultimate too. And then there is my new Android Emulator to run Airport City on my Laptop....
Welcome back.(y)
Thank you! :)
Yes she was a tough bird and how VH-OQA (Singapore Sling) handled the QF32 incident is a testament to her name. There is a letter to Qantas from Nancy's carer after her death, at the Qantas museum at SYD - T3, that showed
how much it meant to Nancy that the first QF A380 was named after her.
I know, I talked to her at the naming ceremony :p

OT: QF planes receive some monikers that insiders know, an informal list:
747-438 VH-OJH (The Bunker Buster) QF1 BKK overrun.
747-438 VH-OJK (Apollo 13) QF30 oxygen tank explosion.
3 second hand 747-400 were referred to as "The Ugly Sisters"
And there are others as well.
Yeah, Aussies and their sense of humour. :) I like it. here we only have Christine and hangar Queens :)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
from Asiana?

I think 2 from Malaysian Airlines and 1 from Asiana.
The ones from MH were a problem as when they were being repainted in QF colours it was detected that that had dubious repairs to cracks in their wing joints I think.
I believe the OZ one is still in service but will be retired only keeping the 3 youngest 747-438 and 6 747-438ERs.

Top Bottom