Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Do I really need the space program?

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
  4. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for code
Username
Speed
Hello Captains!

I'm new to the forum and I was wondering if I really needed to start building the space launch related buildings in order to earn coins faster?

I'm level 46 and 79 stars, I've bought some banknotes and land expansion when they are on sale just to progress a little. if that helps in giving you an idea of where I am. but it seems this game is getting too expensive for what you get or It forces you to spend real money just to progress. The building prices are just so expensive now and it feels like I'm leveling up faster than what I can afford in coins. I'm sorry if that seems like a rant. I was saving my coins for the upcoming runway 6 (800k+) but I also need to upgrade my town hall (500k+) and small oil refinery (200k+).

Thank you and have a good one,

No space program means very slow and boring progress. At level 46, the 200k oil refinery upgrade is a nice to have, not a requirement. Don't be in such a rush to level up. There are many flights to do. Have you 3 starred all of the first 4 aircraft types? Jumping ahead to bigger aircraft means bigger runways, repair base upgrades, bigger hangars and sh1tloads of coins ;). Moving too fast means you'll rapidly come to a wall and be stopped in your tracks. Patience. Do the work. Start your space program. Complete your flights. The most successful player in this forum with over 1000 stars and a mega metropolis claims to have not spent a cent on the game, so it is possible. (y)

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
Yes. Space launches are very essential in getting coins.

#1 in green launch gives you 6,000 coins. 1,600 points needed.
Also get 150 fuel and 1 MS

#1 in blue gives 10,000 coins. 2,000 points.

#1 in red gives 20,000 coins. 3,000 points.
Also get 300 fuel and 2 MS if I'm not mistaken.

#2 and #3 in red gives 10,000 coins
Also get 150 fuel and 3 LFT.

Upgrading Mission Control Center from blue to red costs 400,000 coins

Red launch pad costs 200,000 coins

Instead of runway, I suggest you to upgrade to red rocket. If you don't have resources to keep taking #1, then join others on a regular basis and you can build up coin faster than from flights.

Additionally, when you complete the red collection, you'll get a golden chest containing an extra 150 fuel and the oh-so important 3 gold tokens.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Hello Captains!

I'm new to the forum and I was wondering if I really needed to start building the space launch related buildings in order to earn coins faster?

I'm level 46 and 79 stars, I've bought some banknotes and land expansion when they are on sale just to progress a little. if that helps in giving you an idea of where I am. but it seems this game is getting too expensive for what you get or It forces you to spend real money just to progress. The building prices are just so expensive now and it feels like I'm leveling up faster than what I can afford in coins. I'm sorry if that seems like a rant. I was saving my coins for the upcoming runway 6 (800k+) but I also need to upgrade my town hall (500k+) and small oil refinery (200k+).

Thank you and have a good one,

In the early days of my game I would have very much welcomed such advice, as given to you by @Bob69bob and @Red Fox One - welcome to the members forum.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
  4. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for code
Username
Speed
No space program means very slow and boring progress. At level 46, the 200k oil refinery upgrade is a nice to have, not a requirement. Don't be in such a rush to level up. There are many flights to do. Have you 3 starred all of the first 4 aircraft types? Jumping ahead to bigger aircraft means bigger runways, repair base upgrades, bigger hangars and sh1tloads of coins ;). Moving too fast means you'll rapidly come to a wall and be stopped in your tracks. Patience. Do the work. Start your space program. Complete your flights. The most successful player in this forum with over 1000 stars and a mega metropolis claims to have not spent a cent on the game, so it is possible. (y)

Hello Bob69bob, Thank you for the quick reply and your help. I'm actually not in a rush to level up, it just seems that I'm leveling up faster than I can afford the buildings, I have 3 turboprops, 4 jets and just one delta, I'm holding off from buying more deltas and powerful deltas because of the fuel situation and I just think I'm earning more with the jets and turboprops with them having a shorter flight time and being able to send more flights a day.

I was really hesitant on the space program being the game "Airport City" not spaceship city LOL, I'm kinda OCD with that kind of stuff and didn't wanna ruin the look of my airport with space things hahaha

Thanks again and Cheers!

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
  4. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for code
Username
Speed
Yes. Space launches are very essential in getting coins.

#1 in green launch gives you 6,000 coins. 1,600 points needed.

#1 in blue gives 10,000 coins. 2,000 points.

#1 in red gives 20,000 coins. 3,000 points.
Also get 300 fuel and 2 MS if I'm not mistaken.

#2 and #3 in red gives 10,000 coins
Also get 150 fuel and 3 LFT.

Upgrading Mission Control Center from blue to red costs 400,000 coins

Red launch pad costs 200,000 coins

Instead of runway, I suggest you to upgrade to red rocket. If you don't have resources to keep taking #1, then join others on a regular basis and you can build up coin faster than from flights.

Additionally, when you complete the red collection, you'll get a golden chest containing an extra 150 fuel and the oh-so important 3 gold tokens.

Hi Red Fox One,

Thank you for the advice and sharing your knowledge. I really appreciate it.

Cheers and have a great day!

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
  4. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for code
Username
Speed
Yes, absolutly without doubt get the space stations

It may seem expensive to buy at your current level but it will pay itself back many thousands of times once you start doing regular reds

Hello Ddave1,

Thank you for the helpful advice, I really appreciate it. I think you guys have now convinced me to build a space program.

Cheers and have a good one!

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Hello Captain WH Rollins,

Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate all the advice and how helpful this community is.

Cheers,

If you would like to become neighbours I would be happy to help you with daily gifts you will need. I will send you a Private Message with my friends code, once keyed in, we will then be neighbours.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
  4. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for code
Username
Speed
If you would like to become neighbours I would be happy to help you with daily gifts you will need. I will send you a Private Message with my friends code, once keyed in, we will then be neighbours.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

That would be great!, I'm still new to the forum so I will update my profile with what I can gift and please do let me know the items you need and I'll send what I have.

Cheers,
Speed

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
That would be great!, I'm still new to the forum so I will update my profile with what I can gift and please do let me know the items you need and I'll send what I have.

Cheers,
Speed

We are now neighbours, once I know what you need I will make a start with the gifting.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Hello Bob69bob, Thank you for the quick reply and your help. I'm actually not in a rush to level up, it just seems that I'm leveling up faster than I can afford the buildings, I have 3 turboprops, 4 jets and just one delta, I'm holding off from buying more deltas and powerful deltas because of the fuel situation and I just think I'm earning more with the jets and turboprops with them having a shorter flight time and being able to send more flights a day.

I was really hesitant on the space program being the game "Airport City" not spaceship city LOL, I'm kinda OCD with that kind of stuff and didn't wanna ruin the look of my airport with space things hahaha

Thanks again and Cheers!
Welcome to the forum. Neighbour request sent ;)

The knowledge base in here is staggering and the community of people willing and wanting to help is remarkably uplifting considering the dog eat dog of the world we live in. This game and community is unusual in that the reward for helping others invariably comes back 10 fold. A quick word of advice. Most newbies to these forums jump in and start randomly posting questions all over the place. You haven't done that, but it is common. I reckon about 95% of all questions you can think of have been answered repeatedly through the threads. The search function above is your friend. The wiki link down below in the blue section is your AC holy book.

Go back to the original welcome message you received when joining and read the info in detail. That blurb from @Gt city has been fine tuned over time to provide you with the best course of actions and advice to get you going. In my mind, probably the most important thing you can do to get yourself moving and get others helping you along, is to get your signature in place. Don't short cut and do it half hearted, spend the time to read the threads and see what people suggest are the best ways to go about it. They're all a little different, but the best ones have all the same core features... detail, minimalist clutter/colour/junk and, although detailed, not 2 miles long!

Cheers :)

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
  4. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for code
Username
Speed
Welcome to the forum. Neighbour request sent ;)

The knowledge base in here is staggering and the community of people willing and wanting to help is remarkably uplifting considering the dog eat dog of the world we live in. This game and community is unusual in that the reward for helping others invariably comes back 10 fold. A quick word of advice. Most newbies to these forums jump in and start randomly posting questions all over the place. You haven't done that, but it is common. I reckon about 95% of all questions you can think of have been answered repeatedly through the threads. The search function above is your friend. The wiki link down below in the blue section is your AC holy book.

Go back to the original welcome message you received when joining and read the info in detail. That blurb from @Gt city has been fine tuned over time to provide you with the best course of actions and advice to get you going. In my mind, probably the most important thing you can do to get yourself moving and get others helping you along, is to get your signature in place. Don't short cut and do it half hearted, spend the time to read the threads and see what people suggest are the best ways to go about it. They're all a little different, but the best ones have all the same core features... detail, minimalist clutter/colour/junk and, although detailed, not 2 miles long!

Cheers :)

Thanks again Bob69bob,

Yes this community is surprisingly very helpful with a lot of good and nice people, which is quite relief compared to the other gaming forums. I play Airport City to relax and de-stress from my main online game(World of Warships). I will do as you advised and also I will properly fix my signature soon when I have time. Thank you again for your thoughts and help.

Cheers,
Speed

Add neighbors who have planetariums, it will help you build up collections for space flight resources and when you complete those collections you get money

Another thing to start to look at are adventure buildings, they give you one item per day per building - doesn't sound too exciting really does it :ROFLMAO: but those collection items will help you complete collections including those for bonuses

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
  4. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for code
Username
Speed
Add neighbors who have planetariums, it will help you build up collections for space flight resources and when you complete those collections you get money

Another thing to start to look at are adventure buildings, they give you one item per day per building - doesn't sound too exciting really does it :ROFLMAO: but those collection items will help you complete collections including those for bonuses

Thanks again for the advice Ddave1,

I'll look into the adventure buildings, I just found out what a planetarium looks like by looking and clicking my neighbors buildings hahaha

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
Please PM Neighbor and Gift Requests
Username
SDave, Derby, and Tatsu
Thanks again for the advice Ddave1,

I'll look into the adventure buildings, I just found out what a planetarium looks like by looking and clicking my neighbors buildings hahaha
The only regret I have about starting my space program and adventure flights for collectable buildings is that I should have done it a lot earlier in my game.

@Speed Welcome to the forum. Feel free to add me as a neighbor if you'd like. No planetariums but I am willing to help with gifts.

Others have said a lot of what I would have said already, but I can't reiterate enough just how much payback you get from launching, especially Red rockets, and visiting planetariums. You'll start finding after a little time that you can earn 20-25k per day in coins, which makes having commercial buildings in your city seem like a lot of work for very little income. It really helps as the price of items goes up.

The other thing I'd say is play the game in a way that's fun to you. There is a lot of great advice here, but you also need to enjoy it and sometimes drown out the negativity that sometimes eminates from members of the community. It's not bad and some of it definitely is 'spot on' but it's not enjoyable if it encroaches on you enjoying the game.

PhactorPhil

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20omhnh9
Username
PhactorPhil
Welcome to the Forum @Speed! While I can't really add to what others have said, I can tell you that I wish I would have found the forum before I spent two months trying to figure out game strategy and tactics on my own. Until I met others, I would have never guessed I could get 20,000 coins just by visiting neighbors daily. I also would have never understood the benefit of the adventure flights and space flights. Like Dave says, play the game in a way that's fun for you. I'm loving it and I'm not afraid to brag by saying I have the most awesome neighbors in the game! Feel free to send me a neighbor request if you're looking to add more neighbors.

Top Bottom