Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Do helicopters ever stop running in a deficit?

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04jsg8a75
Username
Tom
Hi, still new to the game only been playing for abkut a week.

Been using helicopters from the start as it was a mission but after going through this forum (so helpful thanks to all) and struggling to raise cash, I just wondered if there is any point to running helicopters?

Thanks

Tom

My code is 04jsg8a75 if you want to add me

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
Some of the bonus buildings (rewards for collections) are pretty good (e.g., 5% residential bonus in a 1 or even 2 square radius), and there has been an event once featuring helicopters. With running a few bonuses to increase the income per flight you could make them profitable, but overall, the consensus appears to be that they are more hassle than they are worth.

Last edited:

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Hi, still new to the game only been playing for abkut a week.

Been using helicopters from the start as it was a mission but after going through this forum (so helpful thanks to all) and struggling to raise cash, I just wondered if there is any point to running helicopters?

Thanks

Tom

My code is 04jsg8a75 if you want to add me
Put off the helicopter flights while you're trying to raise coins. There are some good building rewards but the drop rates are horrible.

Device
  1. iPhone
Username
imdcaptain
I just wondered if there is any point to running helicopters?

Helicopters are an integral part of my income stream and they can be extremely profitable with the right strategy using the cheapest chopper (Sparrow):
1.) max your fuel station H* building & terminal H* before the command center (more than 3 or 4 pads is a luxury/convenience at first)
2.) only fly while using a Sky Captain bonus
3.) only fly 3 or 4 choppers at a time if you are going to fly them continuously with Sky Captain or you will run out of fuel
4.) as Sky Captain bonus is in the final hour, speed up flights to use up fuel, replenish afterwards

example: w/Sky Captain bonus flying to Banff (12 minute flight) 4x/hour x 12 hours** x 4 choppers:
110 coins + 440 coins bonus = 550 coins per chopper flight
550 coins x 4 choppers x 4 trips/hour x 12 hours = 105,600 coins

$100k+ less your expenses will net you a significant profit and you will close out 3 stars in Banff and start working on other destinations

I could go on with other examples by the 3 different helicopter types and destinations, but let's just say the ROI is excellent when flying with Sky Captain.

*you could simply have enough buildings generating helicopter pax w/o maxing out Terminal H, but I like to minimize helicopter pax buildings on my city side, its also less tedious back and forth between topping off the terminal and helicopter takeoffs if you have greater capacity; maxing out the fuel station gives the kick at the end Sky Captain bonus to accelerate a bunch of flights for additional income beyond the $100k+, you don't need to max out the fuel station if short on coin
**you may be able to squeeze in more that 12 hours of dedicated game time on Sky Captain bonus or perhaps average more than 2x/hour over 24 hours

Last edited:
Top Bottom