Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Confusion about neighbor gifts

Several new neighbors have been added for exchanging gifts, all with gift tags
I sent the gift according to the gift label, the gift sent by the other party is not the gift label item that I am
Have you all encountered it before?
I am confused about these neighbors who do not send items according to gift notes, or do you have any suggestions?
yep. some neighbors just don't bother and send you back whatever you have sent them... no matter if THEY have it on their names and YOU don't! :rolleyes:;)

same people every time
 

Kiwi Airlines

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Kiwi Airlines
Several new neighbors have been added for exchanging gifts, all with gift tags
I sent the gift according to the gift label, the gift sent by the other party is not the gift label item that I am
Have you all encountered it before?
I am confused about these neighbors who do not send items according to gift notes, or do you have any suggestions?
I have a couple of neighbours I send them what they want, they send back the same thing, instead of reading what my game name says, most annoying!
 
I'll respond here, too. It may help others. Its one of the items need to complete the Furniture Factory.
1000001472.jpg
 

Robbie Laker

1500+ Star Club
Flying Kites
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for friend code.
Username
Robbie Laker
Several new neighbors have been added for exchanging gifts, all with gift tags
I sent the gift according to the gift label, the gift sent by the other party is not the gift label item that I am
Have you all encountered it before?
I am confused about these neighbors who do not send items according to gift notes, or do you have any suggestions?
Ive had neighbours like that many times. It represents pure self-centredness, so I stop gifting them and move on to others who reciprocate.
 
Thanks Sulfe :) I don't have any of those, maybe I'm not high enough in the game yet.
Assuming flight levels differ, the construction of airport terminal buildings may not be deliverable even to good neighbors. Only when flight levels are approximately the same and terminal buildings of the same grade are upgraded simultaneously can delivery be made

Including other flight destinations requiring food and beverage facilities, only one or two types of items for these constructions may be delivered. Therefore, it is necessary to clarify via telegraph or similar means. Although I can install and register for telegraph services,

It can also be accessed via Hong Kong's internet, but it's quite troublesome
 

Kiwi Airlines

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Kiwi Airlines
you may also find that not everyone has everything and they will have something else in stead so if you send something that they don't have available to send it will come back with something different hope that makes sense
To be honest, not really, but you know what you are talking about.
Got your private message Dizzy, thank you, now I know what you are talking about :)
 
Last edited:
To be honest, not really, but you know what you are talking about.
Got your private message Dizzy, thank you, now I know what you are talking about :)
@Kiwi Airlines and @Dizzy there used to be a theory on here (my memory is going back probably 10 years!!) that your available gifting list contained most repair and essential items. However, for items needed for buildings (which usually need 4 items) there are 2 guiding principles.

1) your available gifts are linked to your game and building level - so if you need a specific gift, players with the same building as you at a similar level should have 1 of the 4 items needed. As your buidlings (terminal/control tower/town hall) move up a level the gift you can send moves up too.
2) for each building you will have only 1 of the 4 items in your gifting list. So if someone sends you 1 of the 4 needed items, when you return it it will have changed to the one you have, not the one they sent. When I was progressing, i looked at neightbours in the forum and messaged ones who looked like they were building the same buildings to the same level, and asked what they needed, what they could gift, and we swapped gifts for 10 days where it worked and I collected the 10 items.

Hope these thoughts from an old timer help!!!
 

Kiwi Airlines

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Kiwi Airlines
@Kiwi Airlines and @Dizzy there used to be a theory on here (my memory is going back probably 10 years!!) that your available gifting list contained most repair and essential items. However, for items needed for buildings (which usually need 4 items) there are 2 guiding principles.

1) your available gifts are linked to your game and building level - so if you need a specific gift, players with the same building as you at a similar level should have 1 of the 4 items needed. As your buidlings (terminal/control tower/town hall) move up a level the gift you can send moves up too.
2) for each building you will have only 1 of the 4 items in your gifting list. So if someone sends you 1 of the 4 needed items, when you return it it will have changed to the one you have, not the one they sent. When I was progressing, i looked at neightbours in the forum and messaged ones who looked like they were building the same buildings to the same level, and asked what they needed, what they could gift, and we swapped gifts for 10 days where it worked and I collected the 10 items.

Hope these thoughts from an old timer help!!!
Thank you :) Dizzy just messaged me saying pretty much the same thing. Now I know how it works and why people send back the same thing you sent them, it's quite a complex game!!
 
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03U3WDR8
Username
BearsKatie
I have been playing 10+ years. I play for my enjoyment. This is not a competition for me. My basic theory is if the game wants me to do something or requires me to have something, then the game expects that from my neighbors. I only send fuel and plane repair parts. If we are playing an event that only used smaller planes that’s the repair items I send. i rotate the parts for different plane sizes. I only send parts averaging twice in 10 days. The other 8 days I send fuel.
I do not budget my relaxation time looking up what a neighbor wants. But I do try to send logically needed items. I will leave the rest to the “serious gamers”.
 
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
VoodooSevenTwo
It represents pure self-centredness,
That is where you are wrong. Some people simply do not have the items you are wanting. Like me for instance. Although I have played the game for a long time, I also took a long break after I had some issues with my other profile which caused me to start all over. That being said, I am not very high level in the game now (46 as of today), so if your game tag has something I cannot return, I will send back what you sent me. It doesn't necessarily make a person self-centered; It could simply mean they are unable to reciprocate your ask. I'll get there ... someday. For me, this is a game not a race. I play daily, but not for hours at a time.
 

Robbie Laker

1500+ Star Club
Flying Kites
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for friend code.
Username
Robbie Laker
That is where you are wrong. Some people simply do not have the items you are wanting. Like me for instance. Although I have played the game for a long time, I also took a long break after I had some issues with my other profile which caused me to start all over. That being said, I am not very high level in the game now (46 as of today), so if your game tag has something I cannot return, I will send back what you sent me. It doesn't necessarily make a person self-centered; It could simply mean they are unable to reciprocate your ask. I'll get there ... someday. For me, this is a game not a race. I play daily, but not for hours at a time.
I was referring to high-level players who are capable of sending requested items but do not bother. I have been playing this game for 8+ years and am well aware that level 46 players cannot send VR etc. But where level 85 players send only what they receive and expect to be catered to by requesting an item in their game name and do not bother to return that favor can only be a case of 'My needs matter, and I couldnt care less about yours'. Self-centred to the max, and I do not bother gifting such players.
 
Hi folks - can you answer a question for me please, in all game formats, can you change your game name to show what you want to receive? I know you can in windows, but am not sure if Android etc allow this? - in my mind one golden rule is that if you CAN send whats in a game name request, you MUST, no excuse. I always respect that.
1791050438606.png
 
Hi folks - can you answer a question for me please, in all game formats, can you change your game name to show what you want to receive? I know you can in windows, but am not sure if Android etc allow this? - in my mind one golden rule is that if you CAN send whats in a game name request, you MUST, no excuse. I always respect that.
View attachment 79861
The answer is yes, because my game account is on the Android system
Most of the time, I use the GI window version on my PC
 
Brill - then surely this is simple? - or am I missing something. If you say in YOUR name what YOU want, but send your neighbours what they say THEY want in THEIR name, then all should work smoothly?

I always need fuel, and include F20 in my name (as my primary or secondary need) as I believe this is giftable from a fairly low level game - but could somebody confirm for me at what level F20 appears please?
 
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
204Y7PVTA
Username
AAA rawboy8128
could somebody confirm for me at what level F20 appears please?

f20 appear at lvl10

I hesitated to add gift in my name .. since my name is long enough but i cut it and now i have gift in name.
For me rules are simple ... make friends that you can send gifts to everyday and they will send it back to you what is requested.
If somebody send something that i not requested i just ignore it and care about friends that do.
If i change name from F20 to ER or something else ... my old name with F20 can still appear in friends income list of gifts .... sooo it may take a week for somebody to recognize my name change.
Some friends send me what they want me to send them ... i ignore them ... and i also heard that some gifts may change to fuel3 if you cannot receive it.
If somebody want me to send them coffee machine or LL or what ever they should put it in their name ... here is shortcut everybody should know. https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/ac-shortcut-items-with-multi-language-descriptions.21637/
If they do not have in their name anything i just send f20 always. Passengers and everything else is just waste of gifts.

Also some event items are not listed in shortcut sooo you can use gift name "event" of full name item requested.
 
Top Bottom