Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Confused Gifters

AKryztov

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
2022ytz9
Username
AKryztov, Azure
My wife and I have noticed a number of players (and not a small number) who have items on their name, but don't seem to understand the concept. These players may have VR on their name and if we send them a VR they will always return to us (despite what is on our name).
At first we thought this was because they just double clicked, but we noticed that these same players will even return a VR with a different item that is on their name (but not ours).
We can't understand how someone can have items on their name but not understand how it works. Is there another method we're not familiar with? A few (very few) of these players are even forum members.

Any clues?

AvsFan

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03z5n7i9i
Username
AvsFan
Any clues?

One possibility is the fact that changes to your name do not update on the list of gift givers. I’ve had it in the past where someone gifts me a VR. Their name when they sent the gift is (name) - VR. The next day they change to (name) - RDF. I don’t get around to sending a gift back for 3 or 4 days. Well when I see their name on my gift list, it still shows VR so I hit send not knowing they changed request to RDF.

Now personally I check my alliance and daily gifting parters individually on my neighbors list to make sure I’m giving the correct/most current item. I change my item frequently and commonly receive a old item that I was previously requested due to this though.

AKryztov

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
2022ytz9
Username
AKryztov, Azure
One possibility is the fact that changes to your name do not update on the list of gift givers. I’ve had it in the past where someone gifts me a VR. Their name when they sent the gift is (name) - VR. The next day they change to (name) - RDF. I don’t get around to sending a gift back for 3 or 4 days. Well when I see their name on my gift list, it still shows VR so I hit send not knowing they changed request to RDF.

Now personally I check my alliance and daily gifting parters individually on my neighbors list to make sure I’m giving the correct/most current item. I change my item frequently and commonly receive a old item that I was previously requested due to this though.
Yes, we have noticed this as well. Like you, we usually look at their current game rather than returning from the gifts inbox.
We will also change our name once we reach 80 on a requested item, knowing that we will continue to get said item for a couple days afterward. :)

Top Bottom