Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Ancient Greek Temple -- New iOS Quest

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
greensmith Rsorour tdv Bali Hi how do you guys do it? I can't keep up!!!!billsnj Happy Helen Arne ???????????
Neil ellor, Arne and other good neighbors,
First of all, I'm between writing jobs at present so I can do this full-time. I can set a timer to apply Fuel Catalyst within the one-minute window. Even when I am working, I've got my iPad on my desk so I can keep track of my flights and get ten units of fuel every hour.
Secondly, I've been a gamer since Pong, Zork, Pakman and Dragon Lair. I've never been any good at the Mario running and jumping games. I don't care to blast zombies with an eclectic collection of weapons. What I am good at is strategy games that take planning, patience and perseverance. Before Airport City I was a big fan of the Harvest Moon games and turn-based strategy games like Fire Emblem. But ever since AC I haven't played with my XBox 360, Nintendo Wii U or 3DS at all.
Thirdly, I can be fairly obsessive about things. But I think you've already guessed that. Ha!
Cheers,
Tom

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Yes I thought I was starting to dine at the top table, but no I still scratching around the floor looking for crumbs. Keep it up boys
Neil ellor,
One of the reasons I like AC is because it's not a competition between neighbors. Everyone plays at a speed that's comfortable for them. I think the quests challenge us personally. Can I figure out how to reach the goal in the time allotted? Sure, I can spend money to buy greenies to speed up my progress; but I don't have to. I don't particularly care if a neighbor gets a reward building before I do. What I care about is that I beat the quest before the clock runs out. There's only one table and the buffet has something for everyone.
Cheers,
Tom

Helen Elizabeth

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Username
Happy Helen
greensmith Rsorour tdv Bali Hi Brexter how do you guys do it? I can't keep up!!!!billsnj Happy Helen Arne ???????????
Ha, ha Neil

I am way behind updating level 7 buildings. This is the only game I do so use it to relax.
I just enjoy this game and the forum has helped so much & enriched what I do, plus my neighbours are amazing :)
BTW, I went to see Murray at centre court yesterday, it was excellent atmosphere, hope he wins tomorrow :)

Rsorour

1200+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Rsorour
Neil (Neil ellor) .... i am not as ahead as you think i am; compared to some of the veteran players out there...yeahh!!!You know who you are!!! I shifted my priorities. Halted my daily flights to the original destinations to accommodate all these new quests. When i found out these temples drop collectible items, i decided to go for them. Yesterday, for example, one my pyramids dropped the sky tower item awarding me my first sky captain bonus. So it paid off i guess. I have still alot of catching up to do. I love it!!! It is an addictive game.
Cheers!

I only have time to do the Aztec / Greek quest on weekends when I can spare full 6 hours! Thanks to this forum, I can learn from other's experience on the most efficient way to complete the task successfully!

I just did the Athens run and I have this to share on top of @greensmith's great tip (y) .
  • Although this is a Jumbo flight , the flight duration is the same as the Aztec quest on a turboprop (6 hours), the BIG difference is the 380 passengers required for each flight (x9 Jumbos maximum!!).
  • Using fuel catalyst, you can speed up the Jumbo by 50 minutes each, twice.
  • So, you have up to 100 minutes after map is active to send your Jumbos off. After 100 minutes, your subsequent Jumbos will not return in time for the 2nd flight.
  • My terminal capacity is only 860 and my residential area smaller than Waverly Huff's, so I has to stagger my Jumbo flights to allow passengers to fill up. I made the mistake of not looking at the catalyst's speed up duration, so I was only able to send 9 Jumbo + speed up 6 Jumbo for the 2nd flight. I should have used Fuel & Passengers from my warehouse to send the Jumbos before the 100 minutes is up.
  • I also find it necessary to use the fuel catalyst twice to speed up the Jumbos, so that the first batch returns in 4hrs 20 minutes. My residential area's passenger generating capacity simply cannot cope if all 9 Jumbos return in the last hour.
  • Finally, I did not use any Spy glass or Golden Dice. For the 15 flights, I got 4 Helms of Athena (that's a 26.6% probability). For the Aztec quest, I think the probability was about 20% (1 in 5 flights).
Hope this is useful for those attempting the Athens run.

Neil ellor

1300+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Captain tneil, 044gapqe
Username
Captain tneil, Captain Ne2
greensmith Bali Hi Happy Helen Rsorour thanks to you all. I think I am taking too much on in this game. You are right it is a little different to other games, you do have to plan and spend some time, when it available in life, I do love it. yes Helen first British winner in how many years?

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Initial Delphi and Thebes flights completed. With Golden Dice I got ten Tridents from 18 Delphi flights and eight Hammers from 18 Thebes flights. I ran out of Fuel Catalyst and had to buy 50 for ten greenies. (Thanks again, Facebook glitch!)
Will tackle Troy and Sparta over the next couple of days.
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
First of all, I'm between writing jobs at present so I can do this full-time. I can set a timer to apply Fuel Catalyst within the one-minute window. Even when I am working, I've got my iPad on my desk so I can keep track of my flights and get ten units of fuel every hour.
Thirdly, I can be fairly obsessive about things. But I think you've already guessed that. Ha!
Cheers,
Tom

First up CMIIAW there is more than a minute to use the Fuel Catalyst, I have had it used 8 minutes after the mark, eg. 3:55 instead of 4:03.
Finally you call yourself obsessive. A timer every hour is not obsesessive, every 10 minutes to get 3 fuel units, coupled with Liquid Fuel for a Rocket Launch, now that is obsessive;)

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Finished flights to Troy
This time I used a Matryoshka Doll that was in my Warehouse as well as a Golden Dice I bought for greenies. The Doll doubles maximum passengers for eight hours; this is incredibly important for these map missions and I don't know why I didn't think of it before. I used it an hour before I started the flights, giving me time to build up my terminal passengers to 2360. Unlike previous flights, this time I didn't run out of passengers and have to wait. And the even better thing is that for the flights to Sparta that I begin tomorrow, I'll start with 2360 passengers instead of my usual 1180. Because I didn't have to wait for my passengers to refresh, I was also able to sneak in two additional flights before the map ran out. And yes, I did use Fuel Catalyst.
Final tally is 20 flights completed with twelve Sandals of Hermes drops.
Tomorrow Sparta ... and hopefully the Ancient Greek Temple!
Cheers,
Tom

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Quest Complete!
Today I flew to Sparta, the last of the five quest destinations. I bought a Matryoshka Doll for four greenies and Golden Dice for four greenies. I had fuel stored up from my recent Prometheus landings and still had 2360 passengers from yesterday's flight to Troy and the Doll I used then. I was able to land 22 flights by staggering my take-offs during the six-hour map duration and got 15 Girdle drops.
Here's the Ancient Greek Temple:
Ancient Greek Temple.jpg
Yes, it's another 3x3 building that produces one collectible item per day (like the Aztec Pyramid and the Stonehenge). What the Warehouse photo doesn't tell you is that it also adds +50 to your maximum population. You can see it near the bottom right of my city.
With the quest over, I can now take my time picking up all of the stars ... then go back and pick up stars from the Stonehenge quest. Hopefully, GI will give us some breathing space before the next "map quest."
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
Congratulations Tom.:wideyed:
I personally doubt I will try this for at least another 3 months, to build up fuel and passenger stocks and allow me to take it easy by buying lots of maps for the first two destinations to ease into this challenge.

Yes, it's another 3x3 building that produces one collectible item per day (like the Aztec Pyramid and the Stonehenge). What the Warehouse photo doesn't tell you is that it also adds +50 to your maximum population. You can see it near the bottom right of my city.

Congrats Tom(y) !
I will need a couple of weeks to catch up:wideyed:.

BTW, do you remember what other buildings give you additional population / passengers?
  • Greek Tempe +50 population
  • Stonehenge?
  • Aztec Pyramid +20 population
  • Alien Legacy +20 passengers
  • Space Travel Monument +20 passengers
  • Astronaut Academy?
  • Christmas Tree?
  • Anything else?

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Congrats Tom(y) !
I will need a couple of weeks to catch up:wideyed:.

BTW, do you remember what other buildings give you additional population / passengers?
  • Greek Tempe +50 population
  • Stonehenge?
  • Aztec Pyramid +20 population
  • Alien Legacy +20 passengers
  • Space Travel Monument +20 passengers
  • Astronaut Academy?
  • Christmas Tree?
  • Anything else?
Thanks! I will need a couple of weeks to rest up.
As far as I remember, Stonehenge and the Astronaut Academy add +20 to maximum passengers. But I could be wrong. They all seem to blend together right now.
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
Stonehenge? (confirmed +20 population)
Anything else?

Most of the quest reward buildings do in fact give you the +20 population bonuses, well at least the 4 square (2x2) do eg. Dali Theatre and Museum, Gardens of Love, UFO Monument.
The only way I could confirm is if I back up my gave then selectively demolish them to see what the reduction in the population maximum is. I do not think any of the 1 square (1x1) buildings did but I could be wrong, the Recording Studio, Casa Batllo, Football Monument and Haunted House do not drop items and therefore may give a population increase as well, but definiately not +20.

Top Bottom