Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Alliance gone???

My alliance is no longer showing on my host game (iPhone) but it still shows on my second game (iPad) which is a member. My flights are still counted though for the game that can't see it. I have contacted G! and of course have been told I have been time travelling and my game has been blocked. However, I can send gifts so this can't be the case. Blocked games can't send gifts to neighbours. I had an earlier glitch also where I couldn't visit neighbours or receive gifts and all the alliance members had their totals set back to 0 passengers but this has now been fixed.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Guys. Get it together. State your timezone. State the exact time it happened, that is when was the last time it worked, then was the first time it stopped working. What are your devices, what network are they on.

As you all seem to be from some American time zone it's possible that one network caused the error and messed up your clocks. It's also possible that it was GI server that was doing the time traveling so everyone who were logged at the time got smacked. But you need to establish facts before taking action, because now you're just running blindly down the road to nowhere.

dr_fly

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
cpt bob
Username
dr_fly
Im in Ireland....

this all kicked in yesterday. and have since been blocked.

I got the standard email to say that i will be restricted permanently if this happens again.

the issue i have with setting my time zone to dont change is that when i do travel my calender no longer works on the time zone im in.

I all for blocking people who abuse the application but when i get punished for earning the money to pay for all the extras in this game. This i dont agree with.

Will see what happens

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Im in Ireland....

this all kicked in yesterday. and have since been blocked.

I got the standard email to say that i will be restricted permanently if this happens again.

the issue i have with setting my time zone to dont change is that when i do travel my calender no longer works on the time zone im in.

I all for blocking people who abuse the application but when i get punished for earning the money to pay for all the extras in this game. This i dont agree with.

Will see what happens
Out of 5 questions, you've answered 1.
Nobody can help you if you won't help yourself.

dr_fly

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
cpt bob
Username
dr_fly
State your timezone. EU, GMT +1
State the exact time it happened, What is when was the last time it worked, 22:30 last night
then was the first time it stopped working. 06:30 this morning
What are your devices, Ipad
what network are they on. Hotel Wireless

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Do you have a sim card in? Have you traveled across any timezones?

I was playing in similar times on GMT+2 (last at 23:00, then at around 4:00 and then at 7:00) without problems. From LAX's post timestamp it happened before my 4:30 (2:30 GMT) (if it really was a singular event on GI's side).

Btw, what GI wants you to do is to not only disable time zone change (because that should not disrupt the game if it uses GMT internally as it should) but more importantly to disable time sync (designed to periodically fix internal clock instability). Sadly, a malicious WiFi can intercept communication with time server and make your device time travel without you even knowing.

@Wabbitgirl @LAX Can we have details from you?

dr_fly

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
cpt bob
Username
dr_fly
@Agent_L

Do you have a sim card in? I have No Sim on the ipad
Have you traveled across any timezones? Not for the last 3 weeks.

keeping in mind the nature of my work entails me having to travel somewhat. I do connect my iPad to different hotel and client networks.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Do you have a sim card in? I have No Sim on the ipad
Have you traveled across any timezones? Not for the last 3 weeks.

keeping in mind the nature of my work entails me having to travel somewhat. I do connect my iPad to different hotel and client networks.
Ok, but if travel was the cause, the "time traveler" error would manifest itself 3 weeks ago.

I'm assuming the date is OK.

Now I have 1 more suspect: iOS update. It's usually scheduled at like 3:00. I suspect it might go like this: updating resets the clock and after updates the device goes to sleep so the clock is NOT updated. First thing in the morning you wake up the device and run AC. So AC starts with some very old date and then, as it loads, system fixes the date.

Can you tell if there were any updates to iOS?

dr_fly

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
cpt bob
Username
dr_fly
Date is fine, currently set to manaul, and i have not updated this for sometime

I have have been ignoring the update am still on 9.2.1

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
@dr_fly I am experiencing it now myself. Clicking alliance shows I'm in no alliance. Trying to visit a neighbor shows "please wait" and apparently nothing happens. Clicking ranking on world map show empty scoreboards.

The trick is if you keep trying and are very patient it'll eventually work! So I think it's a simple matter of GI server being very hard to reach. This visiting delays are on-and-off for few days. Maybe they're are under ddos attack.

Free2Play Sorry for bothering you, but are you guys aware of the connectivity problems?

dr_fly

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
cpt bob
Username
dr_fly
@Agent_L

thank for the feed back. this is interesting..

Even though i had logged a ticket with the team, i did how ever notice that everythign started working correctly around 2100 GMT last ngiht.

I am still unable to view the alliance status. I keep trying at different times of the day and 3 of my members can't see it either even though all our passengers are still being counted.

I can view the world ranking and my flights are counted (I am in first place right now), visit neighbours, send and receive gifts so at least these parts work.

G! is now ignoring me....they could at least say they are aware of the problem and working on it, that is just common courtesy.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Hey,

I am still unable to view the alliance status. I keep trying at different times of the day and 3 of my members can't see it either even though all our passengers are still being counted.

G! is now ignoring me....they could at least say they are aware of the problem and working on it, that is just common courtesy.

We don't ignore anyone on purpose, trust me! But it takes us time to investigate and find out the solution to some problems.

Re-load the app, it should be fine now, but if it's not — please drop a line either here or though a support ticket.

Top Bottom