Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Alliance, Adventure or Space collection maps?

Opala

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03ge4wz5t please pm or tag
Username
Opala
Hey guys! I’m in a point in the game where I have several maps and enough planes to end all my weekly alliance tasks with time to spare. Since I’m not star chasing I’m thinking about using the extra days to fly maps. This post is not so much about gathering resources as I already looked through the forum and asked friends about what’s necessary for each map/flight. But I can’t find anywhere an unanimous answer as to which maps are best to fly considering the rewards.

I’m thinking about flying adventure or alliance. Adventure gives gold tokens and Alliance maps give S3 planes, both seem pretty good to me. Space collections seem to be more about QL than anything else, people say they are easier, but I don’t mind that much for space launches.

What maps do you guys think it’s best considering the rewards and if you are at a higher level and had to start again, with which one would you start? I would love to know!

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
Hey guys! I’m in a point in the game where I have several maps and enough planes to end all my weekly alliance tasks with time to spare. Since I’m not star chasing I’m thinking about using the extra days to fly maps. This post is not so much about gathering resources as I already looked through the forum and asked friends about what’s necessary for each map/flight. But I can’t find anywhere an unanimous answer as to which maps are best to fly considering the rewards.

I’m thinking about flying adventure or alliance. Adventure gives gold tokens and Alliance maps give S3 planes, both seem pretty good to me. Space collections seem to be more about QL than anything else, people say they are easier, but I don’t mind that much for space launches.

What maps do you guys think it’s best considering the rewards and if you are at a higher level and had to start again, with which one would you start? I would love to know!

Hi !

I would say Alliance maps first, even if they are the most difficult, because, when you have S3 planes, flying adventure and space maps will be easier ! but be sure to have all 5 destinations otherwise you will have no reward !
Also, As said @cazmillon , Luna Parks are very good ! (Personaly, I started with this).
Adventure maps give gold tokens, but adventure buildings ! With them, no need to improve your town hall, no need to buy Grand Hotel and you will have items each day ! which give you buildings and bonus sooner or later (without flying for !).

So, in my case, I did Space maps (only red ones), adventure maps (only Jumbo and Giant) and now alliance maps (started with Raven).
But, if I should do it again, I would start with Alliance maps, then Space maps and finaly adventure maps.
If I may put my 2 cents in !

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Unless you have a lot of launch fuel and prep, I wouldn’t bother with space flights. QLs are nice, but you can burn resources really quickly. Personally I try to avoid using fuel earn from launches to chase QLs.... its kinda circular. As others have said the Lunar park is nice - but to be honest these are quite painless to get and you can do it in slow time. One day you’ll mostly launch red only, and if you are taking 1st a lot then you’ll be overflowing with maps. These are 16:30 flight time, 17h active map. With a bonus or 2, a speed up video and/or fuel cat you can easily manage 2 or more flights per plane per map. Remembering that a bonus will be active for the whole flight if it was active when the flight was sent, if you have a few jumbos you can squeeze a few flights (without speed ups) when doing other maps, and you’ll soon start completing collections.

Between adventure and S3 it’s a little bit like ‘what came first, the chicken or the egg?’
S3’s are harder to get, but make every day play faster. The super mystery bonuses will help with other things too.
Adventure buildings help with collections, population and bonuses. And of course the tokens. The drops and tokens will help you complete maps for the larger planes (bonuses and visa centres).

For me, S3 are coming later. But this is because I’m star chasing and I’ve a lot of alliance flights to complete (1000 flight destinations). Adding S3 planes to my fleet messes with that. As you’ve said you aren’t star chasing, but it is worth considering if you change your mind.

Ive done adventure first, mainly for the tokens. The collections do add up though, financially and the bonuses which he,p to complete other flights.
Others have the view that adventure maps have an endless supply, so they do these in slow time. Worth considering too.

Opala

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
Opala
Hi !

I would say Alliance maps first, even if they are the most difficult, because, when you have S3 planes, flying adventure and space maps will be easier ! but be sure to have all 5 destinations otherwise you will have no reward !
Also, As said @cazmillon , Luna Parks are very good ! (Personaly, I started with this).
Adventure maps give gold tokens, but adventure buildings ! With them, no need to improve your town hall, no need to buy Grand Hotel and you will have items each day ! which give you buildings and bonus sooner or later (without flying for !).

So, in my case, I did Space maps (only red ones), adventure maps (only Jumbo and Giant) and now alliance maps (started with Raven).
But, if I should do it again, I would start with Alliance maps, then Space maps and finaly adventure maps.
If I may put my 2 cents in !

Of course you can add your 2 cents, this is exactly what I wanted. I had not thought about S3 also helping with other maps, only everyday gameplay, thank you!

Opala

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
Opala
Unless you have a lot of launch fuel and prep, I wouldn’t bother with space flights. QLs are nice, but you can burn resources really quickly. Personally I try to avoid using fuel earn from launches to chase QLs.... its kinda circular. As others have said the Lunar park is nice - but to be honest these are quite painless to get and you can do it in slow time. One day you’ll mostly launch red only, and if you are taking 1st a lot then you’ll be overflowing with maps. These are 16:30 flight time, 17h active map. With a bonus or 2, a speed up video and/or fuel cat you can easily manage 2 or more flights per plane per map. Remembering that a bonus will be active for the whole flight if it was active when the flight was sent, if you have a few jumbos you can squeeze a few flights (without speed ups) when doing other maps, and you’ll soon start completing collections.

Between adventure and S3 it’s a little bit like ‘what came first, the chicken or the egg?’
S3’s are harder to get, but make every day play faster. The super mystery bonuses will help with other things too.
Adventure buildings help with collections, population and bonuses. And of course the tokens. The drops and tokens will help you complete maps for the larger planes (bonuses and visa centres).

For me, S3 are coming later. But this is because I’m star chasing and I’ve a lot of alliance flights to complete (1000 flight destinations). Adding S3 planes to my fleet messes with that. As you’ve said you aren’t star chasing, but it is worth considering if you change your mind.

Ive done adventure first, mainly for the tokens. The collections do add up though, financially and the bonuses which he,p to complete other flights.
Others have the view that adventure maps have an endless supply, so they do these in slow time. Worth considering too.

One thing I'm curious, you said adding S3 planes to your fleet messes with star chasing. How so? I would've thought having S3 helps since the flights would be faster and be able to complete more each week. Thank you for replying!

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
One thing I'm curious, you said adding S3 planes to your fleet messes with star chasing. How so? I would've thought having S3 helps since the flights would be faster and be able to complete more each week. Thank you for replying!
The alliance destinations, that you can only access via alliance tasks.
You get 3 tasks and they are assigned as follows;
1 cheapest plane,
2 most expensive plane,
3 plane type you have most of, defaulting to the most expensive where there is an equal number.
There are 5 destinations for each plane type, which each need 1000 flights. To manipulate what flights you get you need to buy/sell planes. I don’t really want to sell S3 planes.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Unless you have a lot of launch fuel and prep, I wouldn’t bother with space flights. QLs are nice, but you can burn resources really quickly.

I launch in the background. No particular goal yet so I don't care much that they take 24 hours. I visit space buildings for the collections - 2000 coins is nice when you're trying to expand your city. And doing a launch now and again ensures I don't waste the fuel with the 100 cap in inventory. Side benefit of coins from the launch, silver tokens, maps in inventory for when I'm ready AND closer to 3 stars on space flights and QL bonus is also good.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
MY HEAD IS SPINNING
Choose a goal. Don't try to work on everything at once. It takes a long time to get through all the stars, maps, launches, upgrades and events. We're talking years. This is a game for the long haul rather than instant gratification.

exman

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20dpi6mjp
Username
Aaric
Choose a goal. Don't try to work on everything at once. It takes a long time to get through all the stars, maps, launches, upgrades and events. We're talking years. This is a game for the long haul rather than instant gratification.

Didn't you just start up again like 3 mos ago?
and you already have 2 cloud castles?
you play more hours than me, and i play all day every day :)

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Didn't you just start up again like 3 mos ago?
and you already have 2 cloud castles?
you play more hours than me, and i play all day every day :)
Just over 3 months, yes. But I came in with the benefit of having played for years so I knew what goals to set - gathering coins and upgrading key buildings. The clouds are new since I played last and even when I was very low level, this collection gave 800 coins - compared to the 160 or 300 coins from some of the collections. So that became one of my goals - as many of the high coin collections as possible.

So with my iPad by my desk, I tap on it all day while I work. And with the lock-down, accompanied with the crappy weather in Canada (including snow two days ago), I've taken advantage of this to get the game to a point where I could play less. The nice weather is coming and I'll be drinking wine on the back deck soon.

Top Bottom