Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

AirportCity Shoutbox Trial

You may have noticed (or will in a few minutes after i've posted this!) that there is a new addition at the top of the forums. This is the AirportCityGame shoutbox!

It's here on a trial period to see if it benefits the members of the forum at all. It's main use is for quick messages in real time, an example being if you are holding a QL party, you can post a thread to invite people and keep people here updated as to when the rocket returns etc.

It's not here to take away from actual forum posting. Remember that when you post on the forum, the message is there for others to see and learn/gain from. The shoutbox will be cleared regularly so will not store any useful information you may post.

There are a few controls on the top right hand of the Shoutbox:
butons.png

1 - Open a pop up shoutbox, so you can browse the forum whilst chatting in a pop up window.
2 - Sound notifications - Toggle this off if you don't wish to be notified by sound when a new message is posted.
3 - Change the direction of the messages. By default, new messages are receieved a the bottom of the shoutbox and scroll upwards.
4 - Minimise the shoutbox.

You are able to tag people in messages using the @username feature same as you can on the forum, and they will receieve a notification they have been tagged. Remember that the shoutbox is often cleared, so only worth doing if they are online at the time.

Members spamming, flooding or using the shoutbox inappropriately will be banned from using it. I very much doubt this will have to be done, but it's there for everyones enjoyment.

Any comments or questions, please post below!

Enjoy

Dave

You may have noticed (or will in a few minutes after i've posted this!) that there is a new addition at the top of the forums. This is the AirportCityGame shoutbox!

It's here on a trial period to see if it benefits the members of the forum at all. It's main use is for quick messages in real time, an example being if you are holding a QL party, you can post a thread to invite people and keep people here updated as to when the rocket returns etc.

It's not here to take away from actual forum posting. Remember that when you post on the forum, the message is there for others to see and learn/gain from. The shoutbox will be cleared regularly so will not store any useful information you may post.

There are a few controls on the top right hand of the Shoutbox:
View attachment 31745

1 - Open a pop up shoutbox, so you can browse the forum whilst chatting in a pop up window.
2 - Sound notifications - Toggle this off if you don't wish to be notified by sound when a new message is posted.
3 - Change the direction of the messages. By default, new messages are receieved a the bottom of the shoutbox and scroll upwards.
4 - Minimise the shoutbox.

You are able to tag people in messages using the @username feature same as you can on the forum, and they will receieve a notification they have been tagged. Remember that the shoutbox is often cleared, so only worth doing if they are online at the time.

Members spamming, flooding or using the shoutbox inappropriately will be banned from using it. I very much doubt this will have to be done, but it's there for everyones enjoyment.

Any comments or questions, please post below!

Enjoy

Dave
Good job Dave 👌

What a fun new feature, @Dave !!! I’m excited to try it out ... our new event will be the perfect time to take it out for a test flight!!

We all probably don’t say it enough, but “THANK YOU” for all you do to provide us with this wonderful environment to keep in touch!

Thank you for the lovely message.
I can't take all the credit though, it's aslo a huge thanks to the other admins, mods, wiki helpers and the great members of this forum that make it what it is :D

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Is there any way to add this to the “What’s New” page?
I don’t know how others use the forum, but the what’s new page is my go to, I hardly visit the forums page unless I’m looking for a guide or creating a thread.
Just a thought, I welcome others opinions.

Is there any way to add this to the “What’s New” page?
I don’t know how others use the forum, but the what’s new page is my go to, I hardly visit the forums page unless I’m looking for a guide or creating a thread.
Just a thought, I welcome others opinions.
Only option is to really visit the forum home page and click on button marked 1 in the first post. That will 'pop' the chat into a small window for you, so you can see it where ever you browse.

Well I would say that the Shoutbox is proving to be a big success and serving it’s purpose (even if I haven’t used it yet myself)!

The only observation I have is that on numerous occasions I have noticed questions and answers about gameplay/events (which would be of benefit to other members) being discussed on the Shoutbox rather than on the main boards and as a result disappearing when the feed refreshes.

So all I would say that if anyone has a question about gameplay or events and if you can’t find an answer already on the forum, then please do ask it on the boards or in the relevant threads rather than in the Shoutbox that way players old and new can all benefit from the advice given.

Thank you @TheDarkside for your feedback.
I agree, it does seem to have been a great success, however as you mentioned one of my concerns was questions being asked in the shoutbox that would be better suited to a forum post. This then benefits everyone else as the answer is there for everyone to find.

I shall make regular posts on the shoutbox to advise of this.

Top Bottom