Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Airport City Planes real life versions

Well if a plane has four or six engines is a major difference for me, and just taking here the Tail (and maybe body) of a plane and say just simplify here while there are mayor differences in the rest makes no sense for me. For me a wiki should be as accurate as possible, and ignoring such hard facts is a no for me. On plane where the differences are marginal I can live with it (like the Raven), but ignoring the correct number of engines to a plane, puh.... (and wing/gear is also different btw.)
Understandable and similarly for me why originally proposed a hybrid Antonov An-124 + Antonov An-225 (124 body\wing + 225 tail assembly).

From my point those are okay for me where the differences are marginal:

Swallow/Swift = mix of Saab 340 & Beechkraft King Air
Owl = Antonov An-24
Raven = Boeing 727-200
Jumbo = Boeing 747
Thunderbird = Embraer ERJ-135
Condor = inspired from Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird

Open for me:
Hawk: Boeing 737-700 / Tupolev Tu-204: My guess would be going with the Tupolev, as it has the double axis main landing gear as the Hawk in the game, while the B737-700 and A319 those are missing.
Eagle: Here we need definitely a combination, as there are clearly parts from at least two different plane types in: Body/Tail Antonov AN-225, Main Wing Boeing C17. Ignoring the correct number of engines just to shred it down to one type I will always opposite.
Giant: As written above, this is for me also clearly a combination of two plane types, but here I would put my lowest opposite to only one type in as the changes are mostly only optical (engine form, winglets), compared to mayor differences.
Falcon: can be both Concorde/Tu-144, but the engines are taken from the Tu-444 Concept study (two instead of four)

Overall we should not forget that G! is from Russia, so the influence of Russian Plane types might be very likely higher than from their Western Counter Parts...
Hawk = Tupolov Tu-204 (agree with wheel assembly)
Eagle = see my above post regarding hybrid. Thoughts?
Giant = there is also the newer A380 design with winglets (Boeing trademark) vs shark-tips (Airbus trademark) but in scimitar configuration though not very noticeable at distance
Falcon = Concorde (keep in mind the Tu-144 had forward canards [an obvious omission on Falcon], longer air inlets, and catastrophically unsuccessful - it broke apart during unveiling flight at airshow, killing all crew) plus required the "west"s help just to achieve 50+ service flights

Last edited:
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
0478M6VZ7
Username
JDC Airlines
Going on all the clearly well researched info we have seen so far, this is how it looks to me:-

**Swallow/Swift = mix of Saab 340 & Beechkraft King Air
Owl = Antonov An-24
*Hawk = Boeing 737-700 / Tupolev Tu-204
*Raven= Boeing 727-200 / Tupolev Tu-154
**Eagle = Body/Tail Antonov AN-225, Main Wing Boeing C17
Jumbo = Boeing 747 with a high tail adaptation
**Giant = Airbus A380 body / IL-96 main wing
Falcon = Concorde with 2 engines instead of 4 ( I'd like to eliminate Tu-144 for those daft looking canards that pop out for low speed and give it the appearance of having floppy dog ears lol)
Thunderbird = Embraer ERJ 135

Those marked with * are subject to conjecture based on whether its looks or size/seating capacity that are important
Those marked with ** are hybrids that are a "best fit" scenario

Above and beyond this wiki exercise please can I say a massive thanks to all of you @Maverick68 @Chloe11111 @TimP for your inspiration, don't forget I now have to try to make some of these birds come to life for my boys bedroom ceiling:eek:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Going on all the clearly well researched info we have seen so far, this is how it looks to me:-

**Swallow/Swift = mix of Saab 340 & Beechkraft King Air
Owl = Antonov An-24
*Hawk = Boeing 737-700 / Tupolev Tu-204
*Raven= Boeing 727-200 / Tupolev Tu-154
**Eagle = Body/Tail Antonov AN-225, Main Wing Boeing C17
Jumbo = Boeing 747 with a high tail adaptation
**Giant = Airbus A380 body / IL-96 main wing
Falcon = Concorde with 2 engines instead of 4 ( I'd like to eliminate Tu-144 for those daft looking canards that pop out for low speed and give it the appearance of having floppy dog ears lol)
Thunderbird = Embraer ERJ 135

Those marked with * are subject to conjecture based on whether its looks or size/seating capacity that are important
Those marked with ** are hybrids that are a "best fit" scenario

Above and beyond this wiki exercise please can I say a massive thanks to all of you @Maverick68 @Chloe11111 @TimP for your inspiration, don't forget I now have to try to make some of these birds come to life for my boys bedroom ceiling:eek:
Ok I wished I learned of this thread earlier...wouldve definitely chimed in, because matching the game's aircraft with ones in real life is kind of a hobby of mine (at least the larger commercial jets). Here are my points for consideration:
Hawk- This one has the tail similar to the 737 (the slight forward transition when it meets the fuselage is a dead giveaway). However, the fuselage more resembles an airbus A321, even though the hawk's nose is a bit more pointed like the A220. Overall, it reminds me more of an A321 with a 737 tail, and the landing gear is different as well.

Raven -definitely resembles a 727 or the Tu 154, but with the fuselage being so long, it also reminds me of an MD80 in terms of aspect ratio. Also, the exhaust of the 3rd engine is similar to a DC10 or MD11, so that is different as well. Landing gear is also different.

Giant - It resembles an A380, but the fuselage is not oval shaped like the real A380. It is more circular in the game, and the plane sits a lot lower to the ground. That's the one thing I dont like about the giants...sits way too low for a heavy. It's more like a C-17 in terms of ground clearance.

Falcons - Ah my beloved falcons...my favorite jet. It certainly resembles the concorde for most of the jet, but the rear of the aircraft is drastically different. The concorde has an empannage and the wings end way before the tail. With the falcons, the tail ends where the wing ends, which is a loose resemblance to some dassault fighter jets (very loose, since there is no engine under the tail like the dassaults). I'm sure there is an aircraft out there that resembles the rear of the falcon, but can't find one at the moment.

All the others I either agree with or don't know enough about.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
0478M6VZ7
Username
JDC Airlines
@NJC159 Maybe check here to start or thinking plastic?:
Plastic is what I do a whole lot of. I have 2 boys (6&4yrs old) and the ceilings of their bedroom is adorned with planes both here (modern) and at their mums (WW2). Think this may be my next purchase

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Using the list that @NJC159 started with and adding my own modifications, here is the list:
Swallow/Swift = Saab 340 & Beechkraft King Air
Owl = Antonov An-24
Hawk = Airbus A321 with Boeing 737 tail
Raven= Boeing 727 with DC10 3rd engine
Eagle = Body/Tail Antonov AN-225, Main Wing Boeing C17
Jumbo = Boeing 747 with a T tail
Giant = Rounded Airbus A380 body / IL-96 main wing
Falcon = Concorde with 2 engines and no empannage
Thunderbird = Gulfstream G200
Condor = Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird

@Chloe11111 this would be my final recommendation unless there are other objections

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
0478M6VZ7
Username
JDC Airlines
@Navigata07 nice find on the Gulfstream G200

@Chloe11111 This list from @Navigata07 certainly gets my vote.
Again a big thank you to you all for the effort and research.
I've ordered a 1/144 scale An-24B and will be making it a Rainbow Owl (a good test of my airbrushing skills lol) with more AC planes in the pipeline.
The Eagle may be beyond my modification talent but I will certainly be doing a T-tail Jumbo conversion in the near future. :D

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
@Navigata07 nice find on the Gulfstream G200

@Chloe11111 This list from @Navigata07 certainly gets my vote.
Again a big thank you to you all for the effort and research.
I've ordered a 1/144 scale An-24B and will be making it a Rainbow Owl (a good test of my airbrushing skills lol) with more AC planes in the pipeline.
The Eagle may be beyond my modification talent but I will certainly be doing a T-tail Jumbo conversion in the near future. :D
Thank you. I knew there were cruciform tail business jets out there...had to just find one that fits. By the way, the plane in the loadup screen is not a thunderbird upon closer inspection. It may have been the old design before they made the modifications with 7.0. Just realized it today because of this exercise 🤯
Now you have to post a pic of your rainbow owl to this thread when you are done. We will all be holding you accountable 😏

Top Bottom