Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Airport City Planes real life versions

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
0478M6VZ7
Username
JDC Airlines
Hi, my son has been asking me to build models of the planes from Airport City to hang on his bedroom ceiling. I have tried to research as much as possible and this is what I have found so far.

Swift/Swallow - Beechcraft King
Owl - Antonov An-24/26 with a six blade prop
Hawk - Boeing 737-800
Eagle - Antonov An-124/225 Hybrid
Jumbo - High tail version of Boeing 747
Giant - Airbus A380
Falcon - Concorde/ Tu-144
Thunderbird - Embraer Em-135
Condor - Loosely based on SR-71

Any other suggestions would be most welcome. Clearly some will be possible while others like the Condor are pure fantasy lol

Last edited:

TimP

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Hawk is for me not even close to an Boeing 737-800 - everything from the Design screams Airbus for me, however with this really weird door configuration probably there is no real matching plane. Best guess would have been for me Airbus A220 / Bombardier C Series, however this plane is too new. (And three exits would it narrow down to max. A319, Boeing 737-700 or A220-100, not aware what other planes from Russia/China in size this might exist)
Raven - close to an old Boeing 727-200.
Giant - body maybe from an A380, however Wings/Engines are more Airbus 340-300 like (or from the Ilyushin IL-96 including Back Tail).

However, I am pretty sure that we won't find any 1:1 matches for the planes due to Copyright Issues, so the best we can get is here like "inspired from plane xx and yy".

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
0478M6VZ7
Username
JDC Airlines
Hawk is for me not even close to an Boeing 737-800 - everything from the Design screams Airbus for me, however with this really weird door configuration probably there is no real matching plane. Best guess would have been for me Airbus A220 / Bombardier C Series, however this plane is too new. (And three exits would it narrow down to max. A319, Boeing 737-700 or A220-100, not aware what other planes from Russia/China in size this might exist)
Giant - body maybe from an A380, however Wings/Engines are more Airbus 340-300 like (or from the Ilyushin IL-96 including Back Tail).

However, I am pretty sure that we won't find any 1:1 matches for the planes due to Copyright Issues, so the best we can get is here like "inspired from plane xx and yy".
Well my son is only 6 and he's happy with the Antonov An-26 to start the project but he's thrown me a curveball as he wants it painted just like the Rainbow Owl :ROFLMAO:. I'll post pics if this project gets airborne

Some time/years ago, there was a post by GI in here, when they changed the Jumbo. Apparently, they are NOT allowed to use real aircraft too exactly for some legality or other. So each aircraft is based on a real aircraft but then with a key difference to prevent legal action - either engines, wing or tail position etc. So they will come close but not spot on. Hope this helps!

Buildings fall under copywrite protection too. It's just that a large entity such as Boeing or Airbus are more likely to threaten infringement.

Mercedes-Benz, on the other hand, is maybe an exception for the suspiciously similar building used in this game as to it's stadium in Atlanta but then they likely just slapped their name on it versus it being their Intellectual Property (IP).

OK, so can we agree on the plane types? @Maverick68 @TimP @Lev?

Swallow =
Swift = Saab 340
Owl = Saab 2000
Hawk = Boeing 737
Eagle = Antonov 225
Jumbo = Boeing 747
Giant = Airbus A380
Falcon = Condor
Thunderbird = Fokker 100
Condor = Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird
My (updated) vote would be:

Swallow = unsure, haven't really looked (maybe beachcraft or cessna)
Swift = unsure, haven't really looked (maybe beachcraft or cessna)
Owl = Antonov An-24 Coke (seats 44 therefore also smaller than Saab 2000)
Eagle = Antonov An-124 Ruslan/Antonov An-225 "Mriya\Dream" hybrid (engines vs tail debate so the 225 wins if singular)
Raven = Boeing 727
Thunderbird = Fokker 70 (to me this is a business "learjet" in the game and Embraer\Fokker 100 aren't but either also works)
Falcon = Concorde

Rest I'm good with (y)

Last edited:
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
0478M6VZ7
Username
JDC Airlines
OK, so can we agree on the plane types? @Maverick68 @TimP @Lev?

Swallow =
Swift = Saab 340
Owl = Saab 2000
Hawk = Boeing 737
Eagle = Antonov 225
Jumbo = Boeing 747
Giant = Airbus A380
Falcon = Condor
Thunderbird = Fokker 100
I know I'm a bit of a noob (not even started a signature yet) but if I may chime in about a couple of planes. As you can see on the whole I agree with most, just trying to be helpful.

Swallow/Swift = Beechcraft King
Owl = Antonov An-24 (agree with Maverick68)
Hawk = Boeing 737 (general consensus on this one)
Raven = Boeing 727
Eagle = Antonov An-225 (its the tail that sells it regardless of the engine count) @Maverick68
Jumbo = Boeing 747 (regardless of the high tail adjustment for copyrights sake)
Giant = Airbus 380
Falcon = Concorde
Thunderbird = Embraer ERJ series (I feel the Fokker 100 doesn't look close enough)
Condor = A very clever approximation of an airliner version SR-71

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I know I'm a bit of a noob (not even started a signature yet) but if I may chime in about a couple of planes. As you can see on the whole I agree with most, just trying to be helpful.

Swallow/Swift = Beechcraft King
Owl = Antonov An-24 (agree with Maverick68)
Hawk = Boeing 737 (general consensus on this one)
Raven = Boeing 727
Eagle = Antonov An-225 (its the tail that sells it regardless of the engine count) @Maverick68
Jumbo = Boeing 747 (regardless of the high tail adjustment for copyrights sake)
Giant = Airbus 380
Falcon = Concorde
Thunderbird = Embraer ERJ series (I feel the Fokker 100 doesn't look close enough)
Condor = A very clever approximation of an airliner version SR-71
You absolutely may chime in. All opinions are welcome.

However, since I am not the plane aficionado (I'm the building aficionado), I will leave the consensus building up to the members who are more into these things.

TimP

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
My opinions:

Swallow/Swift = mix of Saab 340 & Beechkraft King Air (Body from Beechcraft, Tail from Saab)
Owl = Antonov An-24 (and not even close to a Saab 2000, the Main Wing is on the opposite site of the plane??)
Hawk = this one is complicated. With the overall size of the plane and only three exits it comes down to Boeing 737-700 / Airbus A319, but it has a double main gear which I just saw. This one would move it up one category, so either Boeing 757/767 are also in the mix.
However, after a bit of research my final guess would be the Tupolev Tu-204, but just with 3 exits instead of the typical 4. It has the double main gear, winglets, and also the Tail fits to the Hawk in the game.
Raven= Boeing 727-200 / However, the door configuration is more in style with the Tupolev Tu-154
Eagle = Body/Tail Antonov AN-225, Main Wing Boeing C17 (the Russian ones don't have Winglets), Main Gear maybe Antonov AN-70 (3 axis only)
Jumbo = Boeing 747 with a High Tail
Giant = Body Airbus A380 // Main wing Iljuschin IL-96
Falcon = Concorde/Tupolev Tu-144; However, the Falcon in the game has only two engines, this would fit for the Concept Study of the never built Tupolev Tu-444
Thunderbird = Embraer ERJ-135

Your thoughts @Maverick68 @NJC159 ?

My opinions:

Swallow/Swift = mix of Saab 340 & Beechkraft King Air (Body from Beechcraft, Tail from Saab)
Owl = Antonov An-24 (and not even close to a Saab 2000, the Main Wing is on the opposite site of the plane??)
Hawk = this one is complicated. With the overall size of the plane and only three exits it comes down to Boeing 737-700 / Airbus A319, but it has a double main gear which I just saw. This one would move it up one category, so either Boeing 757/767 are also in the mix.
However, after a bit of research my final guess would be the Tupolev Tu-204, but just with 3 exits instead of the typical 4. It has the double main gear, winglets, and also the Tail fits to the Hawk in the game.
Raven= Boeing 727-200 / However, the door configuration is more in style with the Tupolev Tu-154
Eagle = Body/Tail Antonov AN-225, Main Wing Boeing C17 (the Russian ones don't have Winglets), Main Gear maybe Antonov AN-70 (3 axis only)
Jumbo = Boeing 747 with a High Tail
Giant = Body Airbus A380 // Main wing Iljuschin IL-96
Falcon = Concorde/Tupolev Tu-144; However, the Falcon in the game has only two engines, this would fit for the Concept Study of the never built Tupolev Tu-444

Your thoughts @Maverick68 @NJC159 ?
Here's my thoughts and for simplicity:

Swallow/Swift = I'm good with your thoughts
Hawk = 737-700 (Tupolov Tu-204 is much bigger, carries 210 passengers) but also works
Raven = Boeing 727-200 (nothing is identical due to 3rd engine config and the Tupolov Tu-154 is larger)
Eagle = I like your thinking but maybe let's just say Antonov An-225 and be done?
Jumbo = Boeing 747
Giant = Airbus A380
Falcon = Concorde (the "concordski" or Tu-144 did actually briefly fly commercially but fraught with issues from start. It's also slightly bigger\faster and I thought four engine)
Condor = inspired from Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird

@NJC159 @Lev thoughts?

Last edited:

TimP

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Eagle = I like your thinking but maybe let's just say Antonov An-225 and be done?

Well if a plane has four or six engines is a major difference for me, and just taking here the Tail (and maybe body) of a plane and say just simplify here while there are mayor differences in the rest makes no sense for me. For me a wiki should be as accurate as possible, and ignoring such hard facts is a no for me. On plane where the differences are marginal I can live with it (like the Raven), but ignoring the correct number of engines to a plane, puh.... (and wing/gear is also different btw.)

@Chloe11111 Do you just want one plane by type, or if there are combinations of it all types?

It is a bit of a general question: How accurate should the information be? For some types there is clearly only one Type to go with some marginal differences (Jumbo, T-Bird, Condor), but when we have planes that have clearly components of several ones (Eagle, Giant) or the base is unknown + some inspiration in (Falcon), how exact should the wiki have this information?

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
How about this ... wherever you agree on a plant type, put definitely. Where there is a mix or discrepancy, come to some kind of consensus before I put it in the wiki

Swallow/Swift = I'm good with your thoughts
Hawk = 737-700 (Tupolov Tu-204 is much bigger, carries 210 passengers) but also works
Raven = Boeing 727-200 (nothing is identical due to 3rd engine config and the Tupolov Tu-154 is larger)
Jumbo = Boeing 747
Giant = Airbus A380
definitely Falcon = Concorde (the "concordski" or Tu-144 did actually fly commercially but fraught with issues from start. It's also slightly bigger\faster and I thought four engine)
definitely Condor = inspired from Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird

TimP

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
From my point those are okay for me where the differences are marginal:

Swallow/Swift = mix of Saab 340 & Beechkraft King Air
Owl = Antonov An-24
Raven = Boeing 727-200
Jumbo = Boeing 747
Condor = inspired from Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird

Open for me:
Hawk: Boeing 737-700 / Tupolev Tu-204: My guess would be going with the Tupolev, as it has the double axis main landing gear as the Hawk in the game, while the B737-700 and A319 those are missing.
Eagle: Here we need definitely a combination, as there are clearly parts from at least two different plane types in: Body/Tail Antonov AN-225, Main Wing Boeing C17. Ignoring the correct number of engines just to shred it down to one type I will always opposite.
Giant: As written above, this is for me also clearly a combination of two plane types, but here I would put my lowest opposite to only one type in as the changes are mostly only optical (engine form, winglets), compared to mayor differences.
Falcon: can be both Concorde/Tu-144, but the engines are taken from the Tu-444 Concept study (two instead of four)

Overall we should not forget that G! is from Russia, so the influence of Russian Plane types might be very likely higher than from their Western Counter Parts...

Top Bottom