Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Advice wanted on planning out Red+QL launch day

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
Hi everyone,

I have a QL and enough items to start 9 red launches (which is about all I can do in a day anyway if each takes 2 hours). Yay, so far so good. I only have 19 PEBs though meaning I can only invest 2 per launch, so at start that is 936 points out of 3000, or 976 as I have a bunch of Large Fuel Tanks too.

Is that OK to also ask for #1 position on these launches? I want #1 so I can get the maps.

My worry is that I start a RL+QL with 976 points and then someone hijacks first place by putting in 1500+.

So my question is this: is that OK and acceptable or should I wait to accumulate more PEBs to ensure I can put in 1500 points per launch?

I'd really appreciate advice so I can do this properly. Thanks so much!

👧 ⛽
N

Hi everyone,

I have a QL and enough items to start 9 red launches (which is about all I can do in a day anyway if each takes 2 hours). Yay, so far so good. I only have 19 PEBs though meaning I can only invest 2 per launch, so at start that is 936 points out of 3000, or 976 as I have a bunch of Large Fuel Tanks too.

Is that OK to also ask for #1 position on these launches? I want #1 so I can get the maps.

My worry is that I start a RL+QL with 976 points and then someone hijacks first place by putting in 1500+.

So my question is this: is that OK and acceptable or should I wait to accumulate more PEBs to ensure I can put in 1500 points per launch?

I'd really appreciate advice so I can do this properly. Thanks so much!

👧 ⛽
N
Please tag or PM me when you’re ready to set this up (hopefully a WE) - I’d be happy to join and throw in a QL for a day’s fun!

If you have a lot of non forum friends and can’t be sure on how they’re going to behave, the best is to arranje those 9 launches with 4 more forum players, that commit to put 576-576-216-216 (maybe in a rotating basis for those 4) on the very first couple of minutes.
that will put you @2560 and with a secured 1st place.
and if one of those 4 brings also a QL, you’ll have a good fun for some 2 hours.

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
Thank you so much! How much in advance should I post when I think I'm going to do the run? One day? A few days? @Aviatrix, I'm thinking Sunday, but it depends on weather a bit (rain = I stay in and have more time to put on the game). I should know more on Friday.

AKryztov

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
2022ytz9
Username
AKryztov, Azure
@Nayeon So far, I believe, I only have you added to 1 of our games. I am sending FRs from the rest of our games. A couple of them still need stars and one just got the red pad, with plenty of fuel on hand. We would be glad to join, and help with points. Our games are all either Azure or AKryz in the name. Please accept.
Peace
Christopher & Mary

If you have a lot of non forum friends and can’t be sure on how they’re going to behave, the best is to arranje those 9 launches with 4 more forum players, that commit to put 576-576-216-216 (maybe in a rotating basis for those 4) on the very first couple of minutes.
that will put you @2560 and with a secured 1st place.
and if one of those 4 brings also a QL, you’ll have a good fun for some 2 hours.
It’s so nice to see the point spread laid out so nicely ... thank you!!! I’ve always had trouble with the maths and had to wing it ... with extremely varied results!

@Nayeon ... I think my friend @TeresaLisboa ’s point spread suggestion is spot on ... it would work very well for your scenario. From personal experience I can also tell you that a rotating captain’s slot is super efficient, especially at the beginning of the launch day - our alliance uses it exclusively for our private QL parties.

It’s so nice to see the point spread laid out so nicely ... thank you!!! I’ve always had trouble with the maths and had to wing it ... with extremely varied results!

@Nayeon ... I think my friend @TeresaLisboa ’s point spread suggestion is spot on ... it would work very well for your scenario. From personal experience I can also tell you that a rotating captain’s slot is super efficient, especially at the beginning of the launch day - our alliance uses it exclusively for our private QL parties.
I think @Nayeon problem is having only 9 red preps... difficult for her to make the most out of the QL without taking all captaincies...
On the other hand, it's rather doubtful she finds a crew willing to help if she isn't open to share captain...
Anyway, I fully agree with you @Aviatrix , rotating captaincies is an efficient way of doing QL parties, everyone earns their share

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
Hi everyone - my schedule is changing and I may have to start it today. A Kryztov, I have accepted your FR and hope it is recorded on your end as well. It's always more fun to fly with other people than just myself.

Yours,

👧 ⛽
N

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
I think @Nayeon problem is having only 9 red preps... difficult for her to make the most out of the QL without taking all captaincies...
On the other hand, it's rather doubtful she finds a crew willing to help if she isn't open to share captain...
Anyway, I fully agree with you @Aviatrix , rotating captaincies is an efficient way of doing QL parties, everyone earns their share
Yes, unfortunately since I'm trying to get maps I want as many captaincies as I can get for the red launches. Once mine are done, I can always join greens and some blues too so others can benefit from it. I'm trying to be a good partner, I really am!

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
OK, I've been thinking about this a bit more. About how many captaincies would you think are fair if I have 10 RLs that I can do? I just activated the Zagreb map today and burned through something like 2400 fuel and still haven't earned the building. Now that I see how expensive getting the RL buildings are, it will take me much longer to complete each map than I expected, so I may not need all those maps anyway. At least for now.

OK, I've been thinking about this a bit more. About how many captaincies would you think are fair if I have 10 RLs that I can do? I just activated the Zagreb map today and burned through something like 2400 fuel and still haven't earned the building. Now that I see how expensive getting the RL buildings are, it will take me much longer to complete each map than I expected, so I may not need all those maps anyway. At least for now.
For good drop use Golden Dice bonus and send 5 planes minimum same type.

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
How many drops did you get From how many flights?
Ugh, now you are making me think and try to remember. I know I used up over 100 F20, maybe about 120 of them? That's 2400 fuel. Each flight is 48 fuel to Zagreb + 90 to speed up, so most cycles were 138 fuel per flight. So maybe 20 flights (as I didn't speed up all of them). I started with nearly nothing and completed 3 collections, so that's maybe 12 items? I think I started with 3 of them (you need 15 total).

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
In unrelated strangeness, I have 470 flights to Jakarta and still have not completed the Generous Land (gives you a Farmer's House). Here is how the others worked out:

Busan: under 344 flights (Internet Cafe)
Osaka: 266 flights (Roller Coaster Park)
Boston: 143 flights (Meeting House)
Tehran: 140 flights (Nuclear Power Plant)
Baghdad: 89 flights (Carpet Workshop)
Damascus: 322 flights (Bazaar)
Riyadh: 56 flights (Gas Station)
Kabul: 200 flights (Clay House)

I thought for sure by now I'd have the Farmer's House, but I just need one more Manioc...and it's been that way forever :(

Ugh, now you are making me think and try to remember. I know I used up over 100 F20, maybe about 120 of them? That's 2400 fuel. Each flight is 48 fuel to Zagreb + 90 to speed up, so most cycles were 138 fuel per flight. So maybe 20 flights (as I didn't speed up all of them). I started with nearly nothing and completed 3 collections, so that's maybe 12 items? I think I started with 3 of them (you need 15 total).
12 drops from only 20 flights isn’t that bad. You need to save more fuel and try to do 50+flights. I go by the stars. If you could do more flights then it would be worthwhile adding a spyglass and or golden dice. Then your drop rate would be even better.

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
Thanks! That's good to know and I don't feel so bad. I'm starting to save up for my next set of map runs, as I know now how much fuel I need to have save up. This map set makes the earlier ones look easy. I hadn't thought about the start counts for those yet, as my original goal was to get one of each of those buildings.

Top Bottom